NS2 Derelict

124»

Comments

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I wish there was a different way to make something as valuable as a Double Res Node, but not so obvious.

Usually this works via connectivity. Take a look at caged. Central has only one res node, because it is already immensely powerful as is, because it leads everyfreakingwhere. (Ok, that's a slight exaggeration, but it has lots of connections.)

Also I seem to respond to all of your posts recently... sorry 'bout that :)
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    edited October 2014
    this must be a very odd bug or something but only wondered if it happens to anyone else if you walk over this beam you get a red-plug:
    CO7ob2R.jpg?2?1903
    know this part is bound to change anytime soon so just wondering if that is just workshop spassing out or the so called improved player ns2 collisions :P
  • DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2014
    formerly dual RT room (which I can't name) has a vent in the south-west. just run through it looking at the room should show the occlusion issue.
    WYpzPuC.jpg
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Administration is very powerful for map control right now.

If you're hanging around the general admin/plaza area you can be a stone's throw away from tree/nursery, turbines & biome in particular. I reeeally like how close the areas feel as a marine, because there always seems to be ample time to defend an RT, but at the same time I feel like some of these spots feel far too powerful. I'd love to see a game where there are PG/tunnels cohabiting Plaza, just to see what the implications on RT defense/harassment are.
  • DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Got stuck in the wall (behind me in this screeny) could be because of mines on wall and floor.

EvFdrxl.jpg
  • lotnik190lotnik190 Poland Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187394Members
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2014
    Hey Loki,

Don't mean to nitpick but in regards to infested corridor, storywise wouldn't the locations already have been decided by TSF before it was overrun?

Just alittle oversight :) same for Shattered Hallway.
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    There's no reason that a location in the facility has to be named by humans, or that location names inthe game have to be the same as what humans might have called it once.
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    Yes there is ... Humans play this game. I do not wish to shout "marines go to Sh'Aken!"~
    more examples here
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2014
    You've completely missed the point, I wasn't asking for the location name to be named after the Aliens have taken over it,

It would of made sense for the location to be called what it was when it was constructed, TSF didn't construct the base on derelict and thought "Well this corridor, I think it might be overrun in the future so I might call it infested corridor but the other locations won't so I'll leave the rest the same".

If that was the case you'd have map makers putting infested Administration, destroyed Geothermal, overrun Lookout, gorge belly slide Alley.

Do you see what I mean now, not that its dramatically important but I was just pointing out for the sake of naming convention consistency.

You've only got to load each and any one of the official maps and look at the naming convention to see what I mean.
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    You also missed my point. :P I did not mean it needs to be named an alien name. I said 'humans' instead of TSF as it might not be the TSF who is in control of the facility.

Sometimes a corridor is just a corridor without a name. In Caged I have locations named Bypass and Shortcut. These clearly aren't 'official' names that would be written down on a blueprint of the facility. Taking a boring corridor with no function other than connecting two rooms, and destroying it somewhat in order to get a unique and easily identified name such as Shattered Hallways is a good option.
    edited November 2014
    I suppose for the sake of practicality as opposed to realism I would have to agree with you there flact.

After all it is a game based on outer space aliens and marines so anything goes haha, P.S. loved what you have done with caged can't wait for it to be recognised and officially released by UWE. Do you have much further to go until completion?

Also any servers you could recommend that sees it on constant rotation? Haven't played it in months!
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    I suppose for the sake of practicality as opposed to realism I would have to agree with you there flact.

After all it is a game based on outer space aliens and marines so anything goes haha, P.S. loved what you have done with caged can't wait for it to be recognised and officially released by UWE. Do you have much further to go until completion?

Also any servers you could recommend that sees it on constant rotation? Haven't played it in months!

The issue here is that most server who have derelict in their rotation do map changes based on map votes which is overall a good thing. But getting a custom map like derelict to pass is quiet hard that way. best start seeding a given server and instant start a map vote with the map you want to play ;)
    We usually play Derelict on Sunday night at the SCC custom map testing session (starts at 21:00 CET).
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    pfft derelict what is this ?

but nah the names that are in the level now are from what the TSF named them upon reclaiming the base due to what it now looks like. Prior to "the base" becoming derelict (for unkown reasons) it would of had a totally different name.
  • xtcmenxtcmen Join Date: 2004-04-20 Member: 28040Members, Squad Five Blue
    This looks awesome, I need to hop on this sunday to try it!

And just because you got a team working on it, doesn't mean you guys get to steal the crown of "best community map"
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    xtcmen wrote: »
    And just because you got a team working on it, doesn't mean you guys get to steal the crown of "best community map"

Huh? It's pretty much 99.9% Loki.
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts