NS2_orbital

124»

Comments

• prevertmaximusprevertmaximus Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11630Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Hey,

Just did another update to ns2_orbital.

Worked a bit more on the Obs hive.

New version is on the workshop.

Thanks, Max
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    this map has 2 big rooms and 90% corridors, i felt claustrophobic playing this. there is little to none room left even to walk around mines, try expand some areas or widen the map a bit
  • prevertmaximusprevertmaximus Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11630Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Hey RadimaX,
    RadimaX wrote: »
    this map has 2 big rooms and 90% corridors, i felt claustrophobic playing this. there is little to none room left even to walk around mines, try expand some areas or widen the map a bit

When was the last time you played it.
    I have expanded rooms all over the map.
    Played it many times with a full server and have never seen that happen, or been told people felt to confined.
    Maybe you are just bad at avoiding mines.

Thanks, Max
    Hey,

Worked big room and the hall to pumping station from big room.

Thanks, Max
    Hey,

Worked on just some clean up of floors and walls, just less brushes to them.
    A little lighting and some models as well.

Thanks, Max
    Hey,

Worked on hall from Atrium toward telemetrics and pen-15.

Thanks, Max
    Hey,

Worked on Atrium added just a few things and cleaned up some extra faces.
    Added some trim in some areas.

Thanks, Max
    Hey,

Worked on Atrium had to add just a few things.

Thanks, Max
  • logan3logan3 switzerland Join Date: 2014-10-11 Member: 198931Members
    i was ns2_orbital first time since maby one or two monthes and it loocks so much more detailed and clean =D nice work
    edited October 2014
    Hey logan3,

Thanks, glad you and the other players liked it.

Thanks, Max
  • ATFATF Join Date: 2014-05-09 Member: 195944Members
    Since 270, orbital and yana crash ours after cycling to it while people are joining.. Orbital ran fine before 270.
    Nothing in the logs. We're uploading dumps to the devs.
    Hey ATF,

Let me know what happened .
    I can resave the map and reupload with the new 270 version that may fix it.

Thanks, Max
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    is it the workshop issue? file not found?
    File not found is not a server crash. It's just the server stalling as there's no fallback.
    No this is a real crash and so far, we're in the dark. All we now so far:
    - It started with 270, first time the maps ran
    - It affects both yana and orbital

Just went and asked around:

Chat All - SCC.Loki: he might need to update his map for the workshop
    Chat All - SCC.Loki: luajit and awesomnio got updated
    Chat All - SCC.Loki: yeah
    Chat All - SCC.Loki: core game items were updated

So yes, apparently you need to reupload to workshop with 270 assets.
    Hey ATF,

Reloading as of this post.
    Should be good with the new version I hope.

Thanks,Max
    Turns out that wasn't it. ns2_yana and ns2_orbital still crashing with the pregamecrash (someone starts a vote during pregame and poof it's gone).
    I have minsci in friendslist, he's up to date.
    It's possible you two have something in common about your mapping environment; Maybe something that has evaded updates?
    The devs are in posession of crashdumps as a last resort. :)
    Hey ATF,

Don't know why it would be happening, I can creat a server to test the map and it works fine.
    Will re-upload it if you need me to.
    Please let me know. Hope the Dev's can help figure it out.

Thanks, Max
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Make all layers visible.
    Select all, zoom on the selection.
    You'll see something weird.
    Hey UncleCrunch,

Did it all I see is that there seems not ot be a layer called CommanderBuild.
    Is that what you are referring to. And also 1 cinematic showing up as a welder arm.
    Please let me know if this is what I should be seeing.

Thanks, Max
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    hes probably refering to lines/ vertex without faces?
    edited November 2014
    Hey,

Found a light outside the map bounds and 2 lines deleted them. That is all I found.

Also did a few changes, in the Cargo pit, Onos can now get around all the creates in the pit.

New version is on the workshop. Please let me know if is working now.

Thanks, Max