atmosphere

clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
I know it's a early state and that a lot can change and I hope it does. I love UWE and I really hope i can make this post without sounding like a dick.
Natural Selection is an awesome game in both gameplay and graphis, so I know UWE has the quality to make something good.

Normally I don't really care about graphics, I still play driver and doom for example. <dick>However I hope subnautica will get some drastic changes in it's graphics.</dick>

At the moment it looks like you jumped of the ship while playing the game "the ship". Everything is really bright. This might be because all videos shown are close to the surface, I don't know.
However, I wouldn't mind if things would start to look a bit more scary. So not being able to see far.
I just photoshopped a little, and a bit of saturation and a bit more contrast makes this game already look so much better (specially the saturation).

I really hope that the deeper you go it would not only get darker but you can see less far. That you really need a flashlight and optional flares. And that the light attracts all kind of creatures.

Also I don't know anything about unity, but if possible, it would be nice if there is a day and night cycle. So even close to the surface it get's more scary at certain times. This could also effect behaviour of animals.

Comments