Continuation of "NS2:Combat My toughs about the behavior of the NS2 Community"

ComproxComprox *chortle*Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
Hey guys, something went really funky with this topic. You could reply, but they were not showing up. I dug around for a bit but could not find what was wrong. In the interest of time and preventing conspiracy theories, here is the continued version of that thread. I locked the old one purely to prevent confusion as posts were being eaten.

Comments

• PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Why would you want to prevent conspiracy theories...? Hmm... Suspicious.... B-)
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    SantaClaws wrote: »
    Why would you want to prevent conspiracy theories...? Hmm... Suspicious.... B-)

To rustle our jimmies?
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    edited November 2014
    such noble thing to do with the post :D
    i think the 9 months claimed spent on making this a completely separate game and sell it on steam to break up the playerbase of ns2 even further could be better spent just adding that new combat menu and 1 gun to the existing combat mode on the real ns2, then just earn the same dollars on a ns2 sale for 15€ instead. Pretend a favorite server is full or just empied out sometimes people connect to combat, NOW i doubt they want to close ns2, open steam, then run ns2combat and setup all of the configs and settings again to match ns2 thats just been closed down just for a "quick" game. way to clunky in my opinion its like releasing siege mode as the next game now and have another 18.2 avarage players there aswell.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    To get off the topic of release for a second, how do people feel about the babbler bombs in Combat? I've always hated babblers in vanilla ns2, they feel useless and overly clunky to use. Babbler bombs are sort of an improvement in my eyes - more intuitive to use. I wouldn't mind seeing them make their way into vanilla NS2.
  • RicezRicez Join Date: 2013-04-13 Member: 184784Members
    To get off the topic of release for a second, how do people feel about the babbler bombs in Combat? I've always hated babblers in vanilla ns2, they feel useless and overly clunky to use. Babbler bombs are sort of an improvement in my eyes - more intuitive to use. I wouldn't mind seeing them make their way into vanilla NS2.

They are useless when you get a free whip and 3 free hydras.

Easier to use, but useless.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Babblers are still useless in combat BUT quite funny.
    They are a bit easier to use in combat as, so far I saw, you can throw the babbler ball itself which will then explode in babbler goodness.

And really, is it that wrong to have some silly attacks in such a game? :D
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Only thing that should be put in NS2 is the weapon fast switch, leave the rest as it is.
  • Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    edited November 2014
    Combat took a lot of crap form the community.
    It's having a hard time taking off and Faultline is the one that's taking the damage.
    Well done guys, pat yourself on the back.
    You defended the honour of NS2 and satisfied your hunger for entitlement by stabbing the backs of people who contributed a lot more than most of us put together.
    Hope you're proud...

Obviously it doesn't apply to everyone here, but I'm sure anyone who this does apply to is more than aware of it.
    Not to say that everyone should like the game, far from it.
    Damn right everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it's one thing having an opinion and another to take direct malicious actions to impact sales.
    The ton of negativity when the game is at it's most fragile. The bad reviews on the steam page after minutes of playing. So much hate directed at a team of guys that are just trying to get their foot in the door...

Down vote me all you want, but you know who you are and you should be ashamed :/
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2014
    Original thread ( forum fixed itself :D ) is working again so I'm closing this one ;)
This discussion has been closed.