What in the Name is This Thing?

MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
Hi.

I was looking to see what is new, and I came across this.

whattheheck.jpg

What the heck is it?

Comments

• Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    That floating pod thing is part of a deep area called Grand Reefs. There was a section of that which was worked on a while back, but it was outside of the scope of the playable area that we designated for the release on the 31st. Nice exploring job finding that section.

Because that area hasn't had a full pass yet, those pods also don't do anything at the moment. But when we get a chance to work on the gameplay for them, I definitely wouldn't recommend touching them :)
  • MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
    edited November 2014
    Haaaa, touching one wouldn't enter my brain pan. When I first saw it I uttered wow, then I got closer, and decided to back off from it. I was a bit afraid I'd be sucked inside, and start being slowly digested.

I have learned long ago not to poke something unless it looks dead, and even then only with a stick. :)

Great Work Guys!