Following Trello, and I am Confused...

MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
Hi.

I have been reading, and following trello from the moment the developer posted about it here, and what is confusing me is the Done, and the dates used as far as updates being released to the public.

For some of the posts made or cards as they call them, does Done mean Done as in going to be packaged up, and ready to be released on Nov 6th, or is done, not done. Haaaaa, I know sounds confusing at least to me any way.

I also noticed something yesterday posted about a Save Game feature which is to be looked at in one week, or will be done in one week. I also read something about MP in one month, but is that only to be looked at, or done as well?

I am really enjoying watching Trello, it's a real cool way to see the way it all works but it is confusing the heck out of me.

Also, when do you decide on when to release an update which is not an automated one (what we are seeing since Fridays release).

Edit: When I saw "Save Game Feature", and "MP" I nearly fell out of my chair.

Comments

• Sir_zinoSir_zino England Join Date: 2014-10-09 Member: 198901Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    This may sound stupid but what exactly is a MP?
  • runeknrunekn Danmark Join Date: 2014-10-25 Member: 199117Members
    edited November 2014
    Sir_zino wrote: »
    This may sound stupid but what exactly is a MP?

Short for Multiplayer
    Also, when do you decide on when to release an update
    I guees it's pretty much weekly. You can see on the trello board the deadline for next build. Currently it's "B39 Molchanov (Nov 6)"
  • MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
    edited November 2014
    runekn wrote: »
    Sir_zino wrote: »
    Also, when do you decide on when to release an update
    I guees it's pretty much weekly. You can see on the trello board the deadline for next build. Currently it's "B39 Molchanov (Nov 6)"

So correct me if I am wrong, the date November 6th is a scheduled public update when something is done then?
  • runeknrunekn Danmark Join Date: 2014-10-25 Member: 199117Members
    So correct me if I am wrong, the date November 6th is a scheduled public update when something is done then?

From my understanding, yes.
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    So, traditionally, the way it works I that things have been is that there are basically 4 columns
    Done, Doing, To Do, and Backlog. There may be more if more than one sprint is up.

A build target is created and they go through the backlog and add anything that should get done for the update specified will be put in to do. As UWE's people pick stuff up and start to work on it it moves into doing. Once things are in the build they go into the done category for that build.

Anything that slips this sprint goes into the next one and so on. The named releases are supposed to go out of the day they are targeted, but they may slip depending on things, stuff, and events unforeseen. I am assuming that these will be pushed to everyone by steam when it done or they move to the next one.

Keep in mind that this is a glimpse into how they are developing the game so target dates are not set in stone or even oatmeal. Hopefully though, things should be out on the day in question

• MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
    Okay Thank you guys, I get it now.

Cheers!
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Confused wrote: »
    So, traditionally...

@Confused‌ nailed it.

• ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    I had to, the post called to me by name. :smiley:

Confused wrote: »
    I had to, the post called to me by name. :smiley:

LOL
  • SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    i think you may be referring to my card. That was really more of a card to remind myself to "think about it". And "think about it" i did :smile:
    Save games will be coming, but MP likely not unless circumstances change a lot.
    edited November 2014
    SteveRock wrote: »
    i think you may be referring to my card. That was really more of a card to remind myself to "think about it". And "think about it" i did :smile:
    Save games will be coming, but MP likely not unless circumstances change a lot.

Haaaaa, Well that type of thinking near killed me. :)

Great to hear that the save game feature is on the horizon. To expect MP this early would definitely be a gift that is for sure, and I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Cheers.