Vote on features here

FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds EntertainmentSan Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
Vote on what we work on next here:

https://trello.com/b/WEDPjhjg/subnautica-feature-vote

You can also comment on these. Post more ideas in here if you like and I'll add them if I think they could work.

Comments

• NortonNorton Join Date: 2005-01-13 Member: 35264Members
    Voted! If you add more options will you let us know so we can vote again? I doubt I will be checking trello every day.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    Wish I could down-vote.
  • runeknrunekn Danmark Join Date: 2014-10-25 Member: 199117Members
    Racer1 wrote: »
    Wish I could down-vote.

Since it's more of "All of these are planned, but what do you want us to focus on?", instead of "What features do you want in the game?", downvoting doesn't really fit in.
  • SquiddapultSquiddapult Canada Join Date: 2014-10-25 Member: 199111Members
    So many good ideas, what is the team most excited to work on out of these?
  • whoppaXXLwhoppaXXL Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58298Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If i get attacked the glasses break and the screen starts filling up with water, obscuring my screen. That would be AWESOME. If i research nanites at the CC it will automaticly weld itself:)

Yes, please make up/down vote
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2014
    Generators/Powerstations - to recharge, or power various items and machinery. Not a fan of throwing stuff in the ocean and building another one after it has run out of power...
    Could cause pollution? Or are we too advanced in tech?

Quarries and or Mining robots/drones - edit:*since i got a feeling the game is going to be more about handpicking stuff of the ground etc, kinda don't starve without the extreme survival(?) - that's maybe too "big", and too automated.

Loot capsules, the world could have random loot capsules/"crates" for you to find, capsules could have been dropped by the ship before the crash, or you find some triggers in the world that make the big crashed ship (it doesnt seem totally broken to be honest) send them out.

Those capsules could have audiologs (story yay), advanced plans for machinery or whatever, or just be some kind of care package.

Besides those man-made loot capsules, there could also be some mysterious alien artefacts to find. (guess thats kinda already covered in the "tons of items like binding of isaac" trello card)
    *points at russell meakims jumping puzzles, Sarlacc pits and stonehenges ^^*
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Koruyo wrote: »
    Generators/Powerstations - to recharge, or power various items and machinery. Not a fan of throwing stuff in the ocean and building another one after it has run out of power...
    You will be able to craft batteries to recharge any tool / machinery that runs on power, rather then having to dispose of the item and craft a whole new one. We just haven't had a chance to fully implement that yet.
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2014
    You will be able to craft batteries to recharge any tool / machinery that runs on power, rather then having to dispose of the item and craft a whole new one. We just haven't had a chance to fully implement that yet.

Can I craft solar panels? I'd much rather recharge them by coming up for air than crafting more stuff. If you want to limit this, make more storms! It'll also be cool if I have to survive without my tools overnight until the sun comes back up. That would create a lot of tension with less drudgery.

• NortonNorton Join Date: 2005-01-13 Member: 35264Members
    moultano wrote: »

Can I craft solar panels? I'd much rather recharge them by coming up for air than crafting more stuff. If you want to limit this, make more storms! It'll also be cool if I have to survive without my tools overnight until the sun comes back up. That would create a lot of tension with less drudgery.

Hey thats a great idea ! I don't really like the idea of having to constantly craft batteries to recharge my stuff.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    I like the voting system. Some voting features aren't self-explanatory like current generator, etc. Maybe a sentence abstract of the feature?

Some features seem to have over-ambitious time plan, like "currents" in a few days since last week or "actions affect world ecosystem" in 1-2 weeks. I would be glad if the final game has a working affectable ecosystem at all. If you can do more magic I'll give you 11/10.

Things I would see for voting is "Roaming Predators" (predators with greater territory pathfinding and hunting behaviour), a "Pressure Bar" (or what's that Exosuit for) and "Health Bar", and "Bleeding" or "Blood Tracing" or "Chemical Tracing" in general.