REAPER & Build 270 Live on Steam - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Does anyone know what happened to the Swedish translation? It's supposed to be automated from what I've heard, but it's not working.
  • colonoscopy_odysseycolonoscopy_odyssey Melbourne Join Date: 2014-04-25 Member: 195607Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2014
    oh, i've never seen a picture, but i'm assuming this is rantology?
    b8kck0.jpg

Please use spoiler tags for images - Decoy
  • ATFATF Join Date: 2014-05-09 Member: 195944Members
    Decoy wrote: »

The quality of Rantology's products is extremely high, not to mention the fact that she has done a ton of work for NS2 / the CDT over the last couple years that she wasn't paid for. You're right though, Mendasp has put a ton of time and effort into NS2. Maybe we can get some skins with buttholes on it for him, as I've heard those are his favorite. While 50% of the DLC goes to her, the other 50% of the Reaper DLC goes into a fund for the CDT to cover expenses of development. And honestly, I am completely confident that anyone who actually knows Rant and knows how much she's done and how awesome she is wouldn't even begin to complain about it.

What has she done? Most of us don't know her or what she's contributed at all. Tell us; Just the landmarks, or everything.

As stated here, this should have gone into the details on steam store as well as the forum release post. Instead, we're being kept in the dark. :-??
  • colonoscopy_odysseycolonoscopy_odyssey Melbourne Join Date: 2014-04-25 Member: 195607Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2014
    my second post doesn't really work without the first

why'd you delete it gaylord myron focker
  • ATFATF Join Date: 2014-05-09 Member: 195944Members
  • OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    I wont buy this pack but if ever able i'm more than happy to buy Rantology a cup of coffee, or a muffin, sometime in the future. Yay for new skins. -.-
    edited November 2014
    ^ beta confirmed
    ATF wrote: »
    sebb wrote: »
    you people

he means the black chappies
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I wont buy this pack but if ever able i'm more than happy to buy Rantology a cup of coffee, or a muffin, sometime in the future. Yay for new skins. -.-
    Now that you mention it, a coffee in starbucks is more expensive than the skins in my country. We need someone selling Starbucks over Steam, to the CDTmobile... Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na... CDT
  • SaltlickSaltlick Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177347Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I bought the skins because they are indeed high quality and I like to support all NS2 contributors. That said, I think it's fair to ask who Rantology is and what she's done. I know that the devs, playtesters and competitors are all friends and stuff, but the community is larger than that. I'm glad I now know what she's worked on so that I can appreciate it better, but I wish you wouldn't make people feel bad for asking.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    edited November 2014
    Saltlick wrote: »
    I bought the skins because they are indeed high quality and I like to support all NS2 contributors. That said, I think it's fair to ask who Rantology is and what she's done. I know that the devs, playtesters and competitors are all friends and stuff, but the community is larger than that. I'm glad I now know what she's worked on so that I can appreciate it better, but I wish you wouldn't make people feel bad for asking.

Yes and when I buy my airship pack for SimCity I want to know who made that and what they have done. /s

Seriously though, no one asked who rant was, one asked why she is getting money/opportunity as if he should have some say in where the money for the DLC goes or what the CDT decide to do with the game and the other is asking for stuff unrelated to the dlc with the insinuation that the CDT is withholding information from the NS2 public.
  • RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well if people think that they know the community and know what they're talking about, you kinda get to know the community figures like rantology. I watch, sometimes play in a pub game with and I recognise a lot of comp players and community figures yet I'm not a community figurehead.

Quite ironic that people get overly aggressive about the most trivial stuff, condescending NS2 practices and community figures when they don't even know the community very well. I'll gladly support anything related to NS2 and for people that think they have passion, why don't you look at it from a positive perspective instead of instantly digressing into negative assumptions. I paid (on release) £18 including the deluxe and I've got over 1400 hours actively played, I can spare a few pennies for such reciprocity especially for people who've done so much work for this game yet intentionally for free.
  • KungFuJVKungFuJV Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15167Members
    sebb wrote: »
    Why the f*** do you even give a s***. 50% is going to the person who created the skins, 50% is going to the CDT, why do you people need to know any more than that? Kept in the dark about what? It's pretty straightforward as to where the money is going and why it is going to where it is. Why is previous work even relevant to this particular DLC? These forums are becoming ridiculous...

Last I checked, forums were a place for a community to discuss, ask questions, talk to developers, and get answers. Didn't know we reached the point where a user ( not the op with his nasty attitude) asks a harmless question and gets a response(dripping with attitude and belittlement). A response that is then liked and awesomed by other veteran forum users.
    The funny part about you mentioning NS2 rotting, is that people like you are the source of it.

I like the fact that many other people responded and answered his question without resorting to negativity. Yet you decided to say this. Sorry if this post offends you but I felt like it needed to be said.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Last I checked, forums were a place for a community to discuss, ask questions, talk to developers, and get answers. Didn't know we reached the point where a user ( not the op with his nasty attitude) asks a harmless question and gets a response(dripping with attitude and belittlement). A response that is then liked and awesomed by other veteran forum users.
    Programmers sometimes take their proverb by heart, and one goes: "Sh*t in sh*t out.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    edited November 2014
    i bought the dlc mainly since i havent paid any more money to ns2 since buying the special edition before release and ns2 deserves to keep on going. Considering the free maps im making though i should have been given it free anyway :P
  • DaveodethDaveodeth Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172717Members
    I bought it because I love to lord it over the poor peasants with their poor person default skins for poor people.
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    If the CDT can support content creators for NS2 in the future by providing high quality new content (skins, decals, maps) in the form of DLCs with a 50% creator 50% CDT split, I say do it more.
    If this kind of DLCs can encourage people to create awesome new content for NS2 (you know, the game that's dying to most people). The new map/new skins combo (like Kodiak and Loki) could actually work. Adding new maps and new skins to the vanilla game is a great opportunity to show people the game's not dead.
    What's NS's greatest strength ? its community. So yeah, even if I didn't like the skins I would have bought it anyway.

Now, I'd also like the CDT to take a look at current custom map projects and consider adding some of them (in the future) in the vanilla game. I know this would take time, UWE would have to agree to it, etc... But you might as well start telling mappers what exactly you expect from an official map, so that content creator that want their map in official NS2 know what to do. I think the game would greatly benefit these additions, and I think it's time to start this because this will be a long run.
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    @mauvaisVitrier I have been since the CDT was formed but its not as clear cut as you think. I will try and get a post done in the mapping section soon ish.
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    Don't write long stories Loki, start working on Ayumi again :D
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    KungFuJV wrote: »
    I like the fact that many other people responded and answered his question without resorting to negativity. Yet you decided to say this. Sorry if this post offends you but I felt like it needed to be said.

Yes you are right, the forums are a place to ask questions and discuss with developers and other members of the community. I think its funny how you point out my post as being the odd one out, yet both the posts I replied to are equally as bad. Those people that agreed with my post may know a thing or two about the community and the game, maybe I have a point? I thought those questions were dumb, and pointed it out as such. No offense taken from you whatsoever.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I would like to point out that as well as making the other things not mentioned like the Gorge Build Menu icons in-game, commander icons etc, Rantology also very kindly made the custom Gorge Build icons for the Alien tech in GorgeCraft.

Rantology has been around since NS1, and has contributed masses to the game, it really wouldn't be the game it is without her input, and I think she fully deserves all she gets from these skins.

I personally think of my reaper purchase as a thank you for making the my GorgeCraft icons :)

Also, if you don't know who rantology is, why not? Are you really an active member of the community if you don't know of one of the communities most active members, and NSWC silver medal winners...
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    Onos skin looks sooo GREAT! i LOVE IT!
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Fade sugoii ^_^ nothing better than killing people while being a flying naked man
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Purchased for me and my lad, thanks for the hard work guys x
  • G_of_the_JG_of_the_J Join Date: 2013-08-12 Member: 186764Members
    Nice work. I've seen lot of old (casual) players coming back. Dunno if it's sales, DLC or that you can actually find servers which is not full of godlike players. Maaaaaagnificent work!