Possibility of Classic Skins only Mod

_INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
Would it be possible to make a client side mod (or does it exist already?), that would remove every later added skin and models from the game - replacing it with just the classic skins
and male model? In such a way, that it doesn't need to be checked in consistency and also doesnt need to load the then unneeded resources?
I'm desperately trying to get my pre-shadow patch gameplay / fps back... I know there is black marineskin, but that's rare.

Comments

• KKyleKKyle Michigan Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55067Members
    I remember seeing things about badges/skins in the lua, so it may be as simple as changing a few lines. Though im away out of town i cannot look at the lua right now and im just going by memory.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Not possible to do only client sided (will fail the consistency check), if we talk about a shared mod yeah totally doable.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Not possible to do only client sided (will fail the consistency check), if we talk about a shared mod yeah totally doable.
    Which makes the idea useless :(