What has been your favourite competitive NS2 Match so far?

SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
I wanna know what you think has been the best and most enjoyable, or most exciting and entertaining competitive match that has been streamed live or recorded for NS2 in the past couple years.

It can be from any league, NSL or AusNS2. It can be from any caster, and it would be much appreciated if you included a link to the round!

Comments

• FeathermonsterFeathermonster California Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187312Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    John of ARC, obviously -- AKA Singularity vs Blue Babbler Squad: Season 3 Div 1, bronze match, round 5, apparently

There are others that also have been pretty amusing, but that's the one that sticks in my mind the most because I caught that one live rather than finding the VOD way after. :P
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    edited October 2014
    Gorge Busters vs. Vexta - Season 3 Semifinal, look at 1:46:40.

http://www.twitch.tv/reddogtv/c/3262959

One of the funniest rounds I've ever seen was at the very end of the match. I just imagine the Aliens reactions & like so much RedDog's laugh.

By the way, what about you Sebb?
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    I'm not sure myself, I think the titus sauna games from the WC were pretty enjoyable to watch and are what I thought represented NS2 at its peak.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    edited October 2014
    The first round of the invitational cup final between Archaea and Nexzil comes to mind. First time live tournament, EU vs US, big hype build up, and then a really great game to start it off. The rounds after that were less entertaining, but that first one was epic. Invitational cup inspired me to start playing competitive as well.
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I would say the first round of the finals between Titus and Legendary Snails in the world championship 2014. It was both an awesome round of NS2 and an important game. Youtube link
  • GoldenGolden Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31169Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    SupaFred wrote: »
    I would say the first round of the finals between Titus and Legendary Snails in the world championship 2014. It was both an awesome round of NS2 and an important game. Youtube link

God, that game. Herakles was cheering when they were killing the powernode/chair thinking they were going to win that round. Good times.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited October 2014
    Well, the WC is recent, but (and I'm clearly biased) my favorites are:

ENSL S2 Arc v Godar
    European Open qualifier Saunamen v Godar (7 rounds!)
    Neoken wrote: »
    The first round of the invitational cup final between Archaea and Nexzil comes to mind. First time live tournament, EU vs US, big hype build up, and then a really great game to start it off. The rounds after that were less entertaining, but that first one was epic. Invitational cup inspired me to start playing competitive as well.
    This was the second live tournament, first was Arc v Exertus
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    Yeah I agree, the WC was pretty special.
    So atm I'm working on 2 video projects, one of which I have decided to dedicate to the WC so stay tuned for that I guess! :D Keep up the suggestions, I'm going to find a way to put a part of every game suggested into a video.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Pelargir wrote: »
    Gorge Busters vs. Vexta - Season 3 Semifinal, look at 1:46:40.

http://www.twitch.tv/reddogtv/c/3262959

One of the funniest rounds I've ever seen was at the very end of the match. I just imagine the Aliens reactions & like so much RedDog's laugh.

By the way, what about you Sebb?

I think my favorite ns2 moment was in the first round of that match as marines on summit, when East and I flashed kilo's fade for him in reactor core, or max's beacon to get us all through to cross roads to cut off the oni exit route. We ultimately lost the match, but I think we surprised a lot of people by how well we played the first few rounds of it, ourselves included.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Mendasp wrote: »
    Well, the WC is recent, but (and I'm clearly biased) my favorites are:

ENSL S2 Arc v Godar
    European Open qualifier Saunamen v Godar (7 rounds!)
    Neoken wrote: »
    This was the second live tournament, first was Arc v Exertus

Right you are, kinda forgot about that one.
  • OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    It's hard to pinpoint any "spectacular" games, the general hype we've had for some games never really elevated the games as much for me, there are many premium matches that have some pretty entertaining sequences, i think one of the qualifier games between iM and godar(?) on tram was pretty good watch, I think Valk was rocking on the SG like mad, outside of that i can only remember few random occasions where a random finn from Saunamen really showcased exceptional aim against higher lifeforms on summit, can't remember who it was against..

Personal own game favourite is still our match against Knife in some Night Cup so many years ago where we literally made Fana rage at his team for "loosing rounds to these people". I wish i could play with the teammates we had in NS1, oh well.. times change.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    My fav match was actually a scrim where we failed a 3-onos rush on Snails' chair in Warehouse cuz golden doesn't know how clocks work.
  • simbasimba Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151628Members
    HBZ vs. Gorge Busters | Round 3 | NSL Season 3 Match | REDDOG.TV

• WobWob Join Date: 2005-04-08 Member: 47814Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Saunamen vs iM.
    ENSL season 4.
    Week 7.
    Veil.
    http://www.twitch.tv/naturalselection2/b/528499472?t=52m30s (36minute game).

And I think Sweden vs Australia in the Nations cup 2013 was incredible on tram. The Australian turtle was so strong.
    nachos wrote: »

And I think Sweden vs Australia in the Nations cup 2013 was incredible on tram. The Australian turtle was so strong.

Oh yeah, I remember that game, was incredible!
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Zefram wrote: »
    joshhh wrote: »
    My fav match was actually a scrim where we failed a 3-onos rush on Snails' chair in Warehouse cuz golden doesn't know how clocks work.

Titus at its finest...

http://youtu.be/8xoln1a89N0?t=19m30s

Oh yes, I remember that one, fantastic match!

In the NSWC? "Let them eat cheese"
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    i loved most of the matches at the wc 2014, since i was sitting in the studio, watching the games live and cheering. was way more intense and entertaining than sitting at home :)
  • dusterduster michigan, US Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193329Members
    edited October 2014
    I liked mimic vs singularity in the division 2 finals of last season, match on tram. The counter onos play by singularity was pretty tight.
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2014
    The first Cologne event, Archaea vs. Exertus. Just an amazing experience altogether. Even after playing in over 30 tournament finals, playing live for the first time was a unique experience. The event also happened just a week after the game was launched, with sales and player numbers still rising. Nobody knew when it would peak. I remember being really surprised at how well it was doing (I didn't have much hope for the game at the time), and the mood was just electric. There was this feeling that NS2 might actually become something more, something bigger than NS1. Of course that didn't happen, but at the time it seemed like there was just a tiny chance that it might be, and that was enough. Good times.
    Ots wrote: »
    Personal own game favourite is still our match against Knife in some Night Cup so many years ago where we literally made Fana rage at his team for "loosing rounds to these people". I wish i could play with the teammates we had in NS1, oh well.. times change.
    Yeah, NSNC 4. I never forget a good rage!
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    You cant beat john of arc.
  • _mod_mod New Zealand Join Date: 2013-11-01 Member: 188922Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Of the games I've played and excluding Rising Stars and the 2014 AUS Draft Tournament I'd have to say AUS vs Team Tummy was my favourite. Sadly I don't think anyone recorded.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    _mod wrote: »
    Of the games I've played and excluding Rising Stars and the 2014 AUS Draft Tournament I'd have to say AUS vs Team Tummy was my favourite. Sadly I don't think anyone recorded.

So it never happened. Now that I saw PASCOW link somewhere on the NSL website, I'd like to add gCC matches during the 1st Custom Maps Cup.

Unfortunately, TagWolf didn't hightlight their matches so, there's only the video above.
  • ShakerShaker Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9582Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Beta Night Cup Finals - Archea vs Nexzil G4

Or at least the most exciting game I've been in.

Bonus game:
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Two of my favourite shotgun rushes (both on descent)
    AUS vs []

AUS vs whipped
    http://www.twitch.tv/ren26/b/525766709?t=1h37m22s
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    nachos wrote: »

Does anyone have a replay of this?! I don't think I saw it. O.O
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    after googling "sweden vs australia ns2", I came up with this. i guess this is it, somebody says "best round ever" at the end and the aussies were holding 1 base for a while.
    Nah it's the one on tram that's in 2 parts. Round 3