Contribute to UWE's new secret project!

IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
xToDWV4.png

Greetings!

As some of you may know, UWE is working hard on their next project.
No, this is not the beautiful and mysterious Subnautica, but rather a new secret project that is not yet ready to be publicly revealed.

Why am I telling you this? Because we need your help!

Currently, things are still very much in the early stages of development and we need volunteers who are willing to thoroughly test and stress the foundations of this project to make it a solid product. We also need people who can give useful feedback and feature suggestions, (that the developers are starving for) and that can work well with a team of individuals who are detail oriented. This is a chance for you - the average gamer and tinkerer - to have a large and positive impact on the future of UWE's product by helping shape it early on in its life. Help make the game you'd want to play! Hopefully this is enough to encourage you to participate without needing to tell you exactly what the project is ahead of time.. ;)

The qualifications needed aren't much, but we only need 6-8 individuals, so we'll be picking the users who are the most enthusiastic and self motivated.
Don't be disappointed if you don't make it in this round of recruiting, there will be more down the road and you will eventually see more of this project no matter what.

Here's what we are looking for:
  • An hour of your time on Fridays 1500 PST / 2300 GMT
  • Volunteers who can reliably contribute to the project on their own time throughout the week, by providing UI and editor related feedback as well as detailed bug reports.
  • Contributors with fun and unique ideas that are willing to work on or at the very least test their ideas in UWE's latest engine, Spark 2.0
  • Someone who can get along with a team of other varying individuals.

If you feel this describes yourself and are interested, please fill out our application form!
If you don't get a response in the next two weeks (November 4th) then this means you were not selected. But fear not, we'll hold onto your application and may contact you in the future.

I hope to see you on the team!

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2014
    Isn't it more like Spark 3.0? :P
  • GibsGibs Join Date: 2013-09-25 Member: 188455Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Diamond, Subnautica Playtester
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2014
    OOh OOOH me me me!!! I can write a Blender exporter! :D

EDIT: There's my application in! :)
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2014
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Dispelling rumor ahead of time : This project is not NS3!

We pulled a Microsoft. We are skipping straight to NS X: Lion Edition.

PS - There might something hidden in the original post. Good luck to anyone that can find it!
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    edited October 2014
    Ohhh my, sounds fun. Uwe pumpin games out.
  • PoNeHPoNeH Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58801Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Despite all the whining about NS2, there is still much love to UWE for the values they show (such as gamer first and unite through play). I can't commit the time, but good luck to you all and I look forward to seeing more of the new Secret Project.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    @Ironhorse, exactly what level of security clearance do you have to reveal this classified secret?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    coolitic wrote: »
    @Ironhorse, exactly what level of security clearance do you have to reveal this classified secret?

I am the lead playtester for it :)
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I really could use a lawn mowing simulator right about now.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2014
    Nordic wrote: »
    The fierce denial of ns3 only confirms it more.

@Nordic (are you James888?)
    I think you mean HL3 confirmed.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow

Bingo! It is clearly 'Bee Simulator' then. :)
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Roobubba wrote: »

No, the bees are going into comp NS2.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    AurOn2 wrote: »

No, the bees are going into comp NS2.

You must be lying, because everyone knows that bees and lemon trees don't mix...
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2014
    That better be sarcasm Roo! ;)
    Just in case it wasn't:

Those lemon trees give off 3 separate blooms throughout the summer here in California, providing an ok pollen source and an amazing nectar source.
    http://i.imgur.com/2WH5aqz.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/iM5uOPS.jpg
    (Those pictures were taken on the lemon tree farm that I live on..)

Definitely my favorite honey of all.
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    Better than acacia honey? o.O
    @Ironhorse, I knew there was a hidden agenda behind the nerfing of lemon trees... you sly dog, you :)
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2014
    Hugh wrote: »
    I approve of this thread and express said approval through the consumption of honey.

WP_20141023_006.jpg

Kanga roo honey... Hmm...

I think @Roobubba‌ is hiding something.
    OK so let's bee serious and get back on topic.
  • MaddokMaddok Seattle, WA Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 8049Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited October 2014
    Applied.

Also, if it's a bee simulation game, add owning two top bar hives to my qualifications ;)

I think I know the name of the game though :o
    As it happens there is a beehive in the roof space above a small front extension of our house. So yes, you could say I'm hiding some bees :D
  • KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    As it happens there is a beehive in the roof space above a small front extension of our house. So yes, you could say I'm hiding some bees :D
    edited October 2014
    RapGod wrote: »

Come on @aur0n2 , I put a pun in there.

@roobubba - dude, do something about those bees. Either poison them and your house, or go the most painful way and find the queen and move her. They shall swarm to her or she will just make a nest elsewhere and the current one will die out without more larvae. And take their honey. Roobubba nectar... mmm..

Or call a zoo or tell someone who keeps bees and they may come out and grab the swarm - if you can get them to swarm, that is. BTW, are you talking about carpenter bees, honey bees, or a type of wasp nest? I assume not carpenter bees because they usually nest in the ground... and wasp nests are usually small.. same with bumble bees. WHAT ARE THEY?!
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    i would but im not able to give an hour of my time on a friday, to busy.

Come on @aur0n2 , I put a pun in there.

@roobubba - dude, do something about those bees. Either poison them and your house, or go the most painful way and find the queen and move her. They shall swarm to her or she will just make a nest elsewhere and the current one will die out without more larvae. And take their honey. Roobubba nectar... mmm..

Or call a zoo or tell someone who keeps bees and they may come out and grab the swarm - if you can get them to swarm, that is. BTW, are you talking about carpenter bees, honey bees, or a type of wasp nest? I assume not carpenter bees because they usually nest in the ground... and wasp nests are usually small.. same with bumble bees. WHAT ARE THEY?!

They're not doing any harm there! If it was wasps I'd have had them exterminated straight away but bees are a different matter. For a while there were several bumble bees there, but predominantly they are more like a honey bee. In fact, I first noticed they were there after smelling honey in the downstairs lavatory (above which they have nested), but there are a great number of different bees and I'm not an expert like FerricPony :)

Wow this really is off topic :D
    edited October 2014
    I'd help pt find random bugs, but I'm not sure I could do much else... plus I think I'm labelled as a troll here (for good reason, been a jackass in the past) lol and an idiot.