UWE Secret Project

124»

Comments

• MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 616 Fully active user
    Gorges taste like Ham ? :-?

[Cult]MartyMcFly - Yo!Clan Regular - Player of Real-Lifeâ„¢
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members Posts: 1,684 Advanced user
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    Can't be, there isn't a crowbar in sight.

As far as you know... 0_0
    When life gives you lemons, throw it back and demand chocolate.

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue Posts: 4,269 Advanced user
    So, to start randomly speculating.....

The next UWE project on spark will be a Factions influenced game. Followed by ZoS:Spark Edition.
    Games:Subnautica Fan Game Mods: GorgeCraft & CTF & Proving Grounds Website: andysoulrider.uk
    Twitter: @AndySoulRider Twitch: Twitch.tv/SoulRider YouTube: Youtube.com/user/IamSoulRider/videos

Capitalisation is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
    Knowledge is gained through listening, Understanding is gained through discussion.
    cooliticAurOn2Vetinari
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,726 Advanced user
    I think we are on the ball with it being factions related.
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
    Vetinaricoolitic
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff Posts: 2,130 mod
    i'll say it now..
    UWE is making an OPEN WORLD MMO.. in spark.
    Send me a private message if you need me to kill someone "help" with anything.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” - George Carlin.

Youtube Channel for Sydney Music
    Vetinaricoolitic
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,726 Advanced user
    We already have a gotgecraft. Another fault line games?
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
    Vetinari
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 426
    Factions

Yes, please. ^:)^
    Steam Lagshop :: Natural Selection 2
    http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=4920
    Vetinari
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts Posts: 8,191 admin
    I want to begin saying "No, it's not that" to many of the suggestions here, but :
    A) You are a clever bunch that will begin a process of elimination [-X
    B) It's way too entertaining to watch what you all come up with
    QUOTE (Techercizer @ Feb 3 2012, 10:47 AM) »
    Every time you ask for troubleshooting without providing system info, ATI adds a rendering bug for an upcoming game.

When you feel you need to be rude or angry about a game, just read these links and remember what role you are playing:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_disinhibition_effect
    http://www.eldergame.com/2008/06/taming-the-forum-tiger/
    AurOn2DecoycooliticBeigeAlert
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members Posts: 799 Fully active user
    Ns: the beginning. The prequel!!! Ohhhhh myyyyy
    Don't ever ''get ban''.

Respect - Justice

If my posts don't make sense, blame it on my bipolar and carry on. It happens.
    IronHorse wrote: »
    I want to begin saying NO..., but:
    NS:factions confirmed
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff Posts: 2,130 mod
    It's possible we've already found out.
    It's just been "lol no"-ed.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” - George Carlin.

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue Posts: 4,269 Advanced user
    edited October 2014
    Benson wrote: »
    i'll say it now..

World of Gorgecraft?

I already have a design for World of GorgeCraft, and I'd be a little disappointed if UWE stole that....

That said, I am hoping to be able to make it on the new Spark engine when it is eventually released....
    james888 wrote: »
    We already have a gotgecraft. Another fault line games?

UWE have advised the only way they will support other mod teams with a publishing deal is if Combat is a success. So all modders should be hoping and praying that Faultline games crack it. Otherwise it will be another portal to professional game development closed..
    Games:Subnautica Fan Game Mods: GorgeCraft & CTF & Proving Grounds Website: andysoulrider.uk
    Twitter: @AndySoulRider Twitch: Twitch.tv/SoulRider YouTube: Youtube.com/user/IamSoulRider/videos

Capitalisation is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
    Knowledge is gained through listening, Understanding is gained through discussion.
    BensonNordic
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts Posts: 8,191 admin
    Fine @Soul_Rider‌ ..You can keep your GorgeCraft, we'll just change courses and make Gorge Bowling.
    QUOTE (Techercizer @ Feb 3 2012, 10:47 AM) »
    Every time you ask for troubleshooting without providing system info, ATI adds a rendering bug for an upcoming game.

When you feel you need to be rude or angry about a game, just read these links and remember what role you are playing:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_disinhibition_effect
    http://www.eldergame.com/2008/06/taming-the-forum-tiger/
    BensonAurOn2
    edited October 2014
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    Benson wrote: »
    i'll say it now..

UWE have advised the only way they will support other mod teams with a publishing deal is if Combat is a success. So all modders should be hoping and praying that Faultline games crack it. Otherwise it will be another portal to professional game development closed..

I wasn't being very serious as this is a silly thread. That is good to know and highly interesting.
    Post edited by Nordic on
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts Posts: 756 admin
    If anything, hopefully some of these ideas will spawn some great mods in the future!
    CDT Map Testing Lead and NA Playtesting Whip
    Steam / Watch live video from zavaro on Twitch / Twitter
    Have a bug in NS2? Report it in the thread! If you can, post how to reproduce it, or private message me on the forum!
    AurOn2
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,702 Fully active user
    edited October 2014
    Fine @Soul_Rider‌ ..You can keep your GorgeCraft, we'll just change courses and make Gorge Bowling.

"Gorge Party" - a Fusion Frenzy/GMod Party/Mario Party inspired Game will release on 31.October 2016.

All your favorite minigames like Lork on teh clorf, Dance Dance Onos, Gorge Bowling and many more will be in it.

I can't wait!
    AurOn2
    Koruyo wrote: »

"Gorge Party" - a Fusion Frenzy/GMod Party/Mario Party inspired Game will release on 31.October 2016.

All your favorite minigames like Lork on teh clorf, Dance Dance Onos, Gorge Bowling and many more will be in it.

I can't wait!
    Have you seen all the mini games @sewlek put into factions?

• KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,702 Fully active user
    No i haven't checked out factions - cool stuff!
    AurOn2
    edited October 2014
    .......Ironhorse deserves ham.

Gorge Bowling. Omg

coolitic
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 518 Fully active user
    NS2: The Ready Room, you've all been secretly beta testing this for the last 2 years. #mindblown
    Cheers,
    It's Super Effective! | @ISEGaming | Twitch.tv/ISEGaming | Google+ | Steam | Super Effective Gamers Public Steam Group

- NS2 NA Playtester
    - Creator of: NS2 Tactical Operations, Intel Update and In-Game Tutorials.
    Kouji_SanRapGodcooliticmeatmachine
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts Posts: 2,825 admin
    I want to begin saying "No, it's not that" to many of the suggestions here, but :
    A) You are a clever bunch that will begin a process of elimination [-X
    B) It's way too entertaining to watch what you all come up with

If you don't know what it is, you don't have to lie... ;)
    coolitic
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members Posts: 1,684 Advanced user
    RapGod wrote: »
    Ns: the beginning. The prequel!!! Ohhhhh myyyyy

Primodial kharra world?

Kharra vegetation?
    When life gives you lemons, throw it back and demand chocolate.

RapGod
  • METROIDMETROID Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165171Members, Reinforced - Supporter Posts: 296 Advanced user
    Gorge Race: standalone?
    cooliticAurOn2
    If you look at the application for playtesting for it, one of the questions asks about what a poor user interface is.

I think I know it now. NS: main menu We have been beta testing it for years. There is even an NS song called main menu. I know I must be correct.
  • METROIDMETROID Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165171Members, Reinforced - Supporter Posts: 296 Advanced user
    Nordic, you mean it will be a NS2:relaunch?