NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)

Comments

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited September 2014
    Mendasp is life. Mendasp is love...

And often a little gay with dragon.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I cannot confirm or deny these allegations
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    joshhh wrote: »
    Mendasp is life. Mendasp is love...

And often a little gay with dragon.

would that be with Puff (the magic dragon)?
    :D
  • GibsGibs Join Date: 2013-09-25 Member: 188455Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Diamond, Subnautica Playtester
    Would it be possible to let me move my hud more inward? Just like the option in csgo. My hud is too close to the edges of my screen :(
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Mendasp,
    I request a server notification every time Herakles dies that says "Fckn Dominated." Also, 10 babblers should spawn where he dies every time. Also, when a fade gets stuck in a bonewall, "Mendasp'd"

Make it happen.
    Thanks.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited September 2014
    what about something that works like the hitsounds except it's for incoming damage? the more damage you take the higher/lower the pitch is.

i imagine it would be helpful for all alien lifeforms, considering how poorly the game handles damage indication currently.
  • GibsGibs Join Date: 2013-09-25 Member: 188455Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Diamond, Subnautica Playtester
    How does the game handle damage indication poorly? :(
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited October 2014
    the whimpers of the aliens as you take damage are too quiet (if they do that) and I honestly did not know that the sides of your screen turn red until a friend told me a couple minutes ago (1.2k hours later, who knows i'm apparently extremely unobservant). all of this leads to misjudging the amount of damage you've taken.

edit: i misunderstood the "side of your screen turns red", but it's still not good enough.
  • AmadAmad Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186626Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Would it be possible to add a tagging feature for the alien comm? Using some hotkeys the comm would be able to mark the marines with numbers (Which marine to engage first). This feature would only work with marines that are already parasited and would disappear after the parasite effect is over.

The feature would be optional like any other feature in NS2+ (Whether you'd see the numbers or not) but I think it would greatly help both competitive scene and also pub play.

Here's an awesome example pic! (They'd hover on top of marines like the lifeform indicator on top of eggs. Size could be adjustable too? <.<)
    2lj6uci.jpg
    I'm surprised you've played that many hours and never noticed the directional damage indicators.
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2014
    Suggestion: Make it possible for a commander to auto follow a marine - for example by grouping him as a hotkey (allows you to drop meds directly on him without moving the mouse - perhaps would require a balance discussion).
  • CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Suggestion: Auto-Med Marines when they get hurt. Might require a balance discussion.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    CyberKun wrote: »
    Suggestion: Auto-Med Marines when they get hurt. Might require a balance discussion

error.png

• NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    CyberKun wrote: »
    Suggestion: Auto-Med Marines when they get hurt. Might require a balance discussion.
    Never gonna happen.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    Gibs wrote: »
    I'm surprised you've played that many hours and never noticed the directional damage indicators.

Have you actually paid any attention to the damage indicators? They are terrible.
    edited October 2014
    Gibs wrote: »

the point is you can't judge damage properly from them. sure you might say that's part of the learning curve of the game, and i'll say the exact same thing prehitsounds and seeing the blood spurts of aliens (both are equally shit). it's a simple optional quality of life addition, exactly like hitsounds.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    I'll just shameless plug my idea by leaving it here while it's still relevant.. https://trello.com/c/dbDBnnsA/602-add-optional-alien-peripheral-hud
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    IronHorse wrote: »
    I'll just shameless plug my idea by leaving it here while it's still relevant.. https://trello.com/c/dbDBnnsA/602-add-optional-alien-peripheral-hud
    That's been in for a while, it's NS1 style bars.
    could another version of no viewmodels be put in, similar to the "hide yo ..." ones?

here are the differences between the two

NS2+ completely removes all viewmodels. don't know when parasited, don't know weld % or ammo without looking to the corner of your screen.

alternative viewmodels. you can see your ammo without moving your eyes too far from the center, you can see the reload animation to know when you're fully reloaded (yeah there's a sound, but that can be hard to hear over comms/ingame), you can see the welder % screen, and finally you can easily see when you're parasited.

bonus points for removing the hands or making them transparent. sorry the quality is bad, I was originally going to make a video but decided that would be too much effort.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    could another version of no viewmodels be put in, similar to the "hide yo ..." ones?

NS2+ completely removes all viewmodels. don't know when parasited, don't know weld % or ammo without looking to the corner of your screen.

alternative viewmodels. you can see your ammo without moving your eyes too far from the center, you can see the reload animation to know when you're fully reloaded (yeah there's a sound, but that can be hard to hear over comms/ingame), you can see the welder % screen, and finally you can easily see when you're parasited.

bonus points for removing the hands or making them transparent. sorry the quality is bad, I was originally going to make a video but decided that would be too much effort.

It has been asked a couple of times already. You can't switch textures on the fly through code, so it's not possible.
  • CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited October 2014
    (yeah there's a sound, but that can be hard to hear over comms/ingame)

I have a bug: sometimes sound of reloading LMG doesn't play at all. This bug becomes then I disabling viewmodel.

@Mendasp can you implement additional mode to weapon autopickup?
    I want weapon will not be switched after autopickup. Similarly you did it with welder autopickup, but for all weapons. Sometimes I become annoyed when my weapon switched to empty SG/HMG/etc while pistol shooting. Let the weapon take a slot but not switch it.
    I guess it isn't very hard to code and has a bit sense, don't it?
    edited October 2014
    Mendasp wrote: »

It has been asked a couple of times already. You can't switch textures on the fly through code, so it's not possible.

but it would work for people who have subscribed to ns2+, right? because they can set it through the main menu before joining a server and restart the game if required? it's not a big deal, every server i've been on has allowed the "hide yo" mods, i'll just continue using those.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    It hasn't been in, because what was implemented doesn't remotely follow those design guidelines laid out... so basically there's no point in using what is currently implemented as it doesn't accomplish the goal.
    It's large, obscuring and difficult to read imo
    It hasn't been in, because what was implemented doesn't remotely follow those design guidelines laid out... so basically there's no point in using what is currently implemented as it doesn't accomplish the goal.
    It's large, obscuring and difficult to read imo
    You just need to replace the textures, if you make a workshop mod it will work...
    i think i've figured out the root of all issues with the GL.

it's far too big.
    i think i've figured out the root of all issues with the GL.

it's far too big.
    That's what she said.
  • PolskaKielbasaPolskaKielbasa Join Date: 2013-09-06 Member: 187917Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Hi Mendasp, idea for a new feature ns2+: is it possible to implement in-game messages from the spectator with information about the loss of higher lifeforms such as "Fade XXXX Has Lost" etc. ?
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    @‌Ironhorse
    I am confused why the NS1 style bars do not fit to the thing you linked.. I love NS1 style bars due to the peripheral vision thingy and have been using the earliest version mendasp put in the ns2+ live version.
    It may be argued that they should be even larger but contrast between full and empty is very much there. Both on alien and marine.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I heard there was a sekrat screenshot showing lifeform notifications for pres amounts - Confirm/Deny?