Why did the UWE Official Servers disappear?

lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation
Was there ever any word on where they went? I was surprised they were not even up during the free weekend.

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2014
    Afaik there was no official word about the shutdown of all uwe ns2 servers.

But uwe decided that as there are enought community servers out there so that the official servers are not needed any longer. If you want more details pm me ;)
  • ball2hiball2hi Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163128Members
    Afaik there was no official word about the shutdown of all uwe ns2 servers.

But uwe decided that as there are enought community servers out there so that the official servers are not needed any longer. If you want more details pm me ;)

Or you could... post the details here lol
  • ZeroEarThZeroEarTh Singapore Join Date: 2014-07-01 Member: 197126Members
    i have the same concern about this

UWE server is 16 players Vanilla with no mods when NS2 have problem with mods
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    ZeroEarTh wrote: »
    i have the same concern about this

UWE server is 16 players Vanilla with no mods when NS2 have problem with mods

Ah what, all uwe servers were 18 slots large and had one mod enabled lately. Those servers who are around atm claiming to be official uwe ones are fake. Don't let them trick you.