UWE Secret Project

Comments

• RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    You're not threatened by a sword when it's sheathed, are you?

No. Just like I'm not threatened if that friendly mister carries his gun on his belt instead of in his hand.

'Merica.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    I seriously never thought I’d say this but..
    Hey admins/moderators? That derailing thing?
    Yeah, we're doing it. Let's stop. It's getting kind of weird.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    I seriously never thought I’d say this but..
    Hey admins/moderators? That derailing thing?
    Yeah, we're doing it. Let's stop. It's getting kind of weird.

But this is a thread attempting to expose the secret project UWE are working on, of course admins and mods are going to derail it, you have to keep us from finding the truth before UWE is ready...
  • NammNamm Join Date: 2011-12-08 Member: 137116Members
    edited September 2014
    The-Truth-Is-Out-There.jpg

No spoilerz plz - Mouse
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Namm wrote: »
    The-Truth-Is-Out-There.jpg

Don't tell me what to believe
  • NammNamm Join Date: 2011-12-08 Member: 137116Members
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Oh god, please don't have this become a over-hype piece. I would either prefer to have my expectations set or not be told at all.

It's not that I don't like surprises as I'm eager just as all of you to see what this Secret Project is. But, given past experiences, I'm more afraid about being gravely disappointing or finding this project unrelatable. Unless we can get credible information that it's worth the hype.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Oh god, please don't have this become a over-hype piece. I would either prefer to have my expectations set or not be told at all.

It's not that I don't like surprises as I'm eager just as all of you to see what this Secret Project is. But, given past experiences, I'm more afraid about being gravely disappointing or finding this project unrelatable. Unless we can get credible information that it's worth the hype.

As far as I'm concerned there's no hype at all.

Are you guys hyped?

I'm not :)
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Not hyped, just interesting in seeing where this is going. I am more interested in how I will be able to take advantage of the new engine and mod it to make my own games :D
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    The fact that the spoiler has been snipped gave me just a little hype.
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    wonder if it has anything to do with that mod sewlek made awhile back
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ns3: FACTIONS

Factions for the cod folks, ns3 for us.
  • dusterduster michigan, US Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193329Members
    edited September 2014

https://twitter.com/faultlinegames

Lol, you guys need to practice investigating things. They said in the ns2wc that a mod would become a standalone.

I just wished they fixed the core issues of combat before making it a game. Gl spam, xenocide when welders cost money, marines camping in spawn, self denials, stuff like that. Oh well, i'll probably just end up buying te full release to support the company.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    duster wrote: »

Lol, you guys need to practice investigating things. They said in the ns2wc that a mod would become a standalone.

I just wished they fixed the core issues of combat before making it a game. Gl spam, xenocide when welders cost money, marines camping in spawn, self denials, stuff like that. Oh well, i'll probably just end up buying te full release to support the company.

Did you see the video, I think a clog cast, with wasabi about combat? It sure looks like they made combat far better than it ever was.

Neither is combat secret, nor is the secret combat.

And both are listed separately in the twitter post, anyway.
  • dusterduster michigan, US Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193329Members

So the company working on the stand alone just gets bored and puts some of their budget towads fixing combat now and then?
    james888 wrote: »
    Did you see the video, I think a clog cast, with wasabi about combat? It sure looks like they made combat far better than it ever was.

No, link?

So the company working on the stand alone just gets bored and puts some of their budget towads fixing combat now and then?
    james888 wrote: »

No, link?
    I didn't know what the link was either. So I googled for wasabi+clogcast+combat. I found wasabi's youtube. On his front page I saw the words combat gameplay reveal. This took me 30 seconds. For those who don't want to search for links, here.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow

Sorry @duster, Combat standalone is not secret at all and UWE is not developing it, they are Publishing it at best. It's been announced and very much out there in social media promoting it's eventual release. /facepalm

Investigate things? I suppose me being on the Faultline Games Dev team isn't enough. *epic eye roll* :)
    edited September 2014
    Investigate things? I suppose me being on the Faultline Games Dev team isn't enough. *epic eye roll* :)

But do you have security clearance priority one alpha? I think not. :D
    I cannot confirm nor deny, and am not willing to discuss my security clearance procedures. Do you? *Former* EU PT Lead?

But back on track, with only ~4 people working on this secret project, I speculate that it's either something that is simple enough or only requires the specializations of ~4 people to complete or something that is in early stages currently that may become big latter on.
    I cannot confirm nor deny, and am not willing to discuss my security clearance procedures. Do you? *Former* EU PT Lead?

No. It was a joke about the MAC quote "Priority one alpha" ;)

To keep this on topic:
    But back on track, with only ~4 people working on this secret project, I speculate that it's either something that is simple enough or only requires the specializations of ~4 people to complete or something that is in early stages currently that may become big latter on.

Sounds reasonable.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited September 2014
    Steve jobs has got UWE working on HL3 special pokémon DLC to appease the Al Qaeda to ensure that they dont bomb the russian embassy on Margaret Thatchers birthday. And all this has got me thinking, were the dinosaurs of Atlantis really aliens from the bible?
  • extolloextollo Ping Blip Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72457Members
    spark for apple watch

Ah, I didn't see that at all. It just came off as being oddly sarcastic/challenging. I apologize.

But yeah, it's pretty hush hush, while I have been fortunate enough to be tossed a hint into what it is, it's still very much a black box of mystery to me and...

"Excuse me, come with us sir."

"...who are you guys? Let go! Where are you taking me!?"

"wait...ARGHsyugoijn;lkdms..."
    edited September 2014

Ah, I didn't see that at all. It just came off as being oddly sarcastic/challenging. I apologize.

I see why you'd think that. The wording probably wasn't all that great :)

But yeah, it's pretty hush hush, while I have been fortunate enough to be tossed a hint into what it is, it's still very much a black box of mystery to me and...

"Excuse me, come with us sir."

"...who are you guys? Let go! Where are you taking me!?"

"wait...ARGHsyugoijn;lkdms..."

Public Service Announcement: Nothing has happened here. Please move along.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    that is using a new version of the Spark engine. Hint: it is NOT NS3.

NS2: Episode 1. And so it begins :> 3 is not possible in this day and age >some Gaben joke here<