ns2_caged

Comments

• MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited September 2014
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    That was intense... what was that like 50 arcs??? Awesome bug.

@Flaterectomy : throw some Ride of the Valkyries on it
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    CHANGELOG [7th of september 2014]
    o Added cover in Central Processing
    o Raised the lower floor in Ventilation a little
    o Added a few more details to Stability
    o Moved Generator slightly to the east due to intersecting walls with Stability
    o Added a crate (containing @BeigeAlert's Onos tombstone) to one of the lower areas in Purification
    ey8JLnG.jpg
    D8PAxcG.jpg
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    One thing that was brought to my attention the other night, the power node in purification can be bile bombed from the vent.
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    Replay of tonight's session. HD should be there soon enough I guess (I recorded the video in HD) but it doesn't seem to be more than 360p on Youtube for now, we'll see
  • TinkiTinki Join Date: 2013-12-03 Member: 189715Members
    Hi, this is just a balance feedback :)

It's hard for alien to win when they spawn in Sewer. The reason is that marine can easily go to Purification System and cut the cyst chain early game. This corridor should go to Ventilation Access or join the corridor between Purification and Ventilation System

And by the way this my favorite map of ns2 and Central Processing is gorgeous now:)
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Sewer can be a starting TP if the Marine start change.
    That would be an option to consider testing.
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    New build published. This changelog includes changes that were in the build I published on Tuesday, which I hadn't posted here.

CHANGELOG [14th of september 2014]
    o Moved Marine Start closer to the rest of the map
    o Raised the ceiling of some of the doorways on the way from Marine Start to Monitoring
    o Lowered ceiling grate in Marine Start corner close to Monitoring
    o Slightly increased lighting intensity in Monitoring
    o Blocked off top of pipe near ceiling in Shortcut with another pipe (and collision geometry)
    o Removed crates at entrance from Shortcut into Monitoring
    o Added pipe near ceiling at corner from Marine Start to Sanitation
    o Blocked off nooks in Sanitation's walls
    o Removed vent between Upper Wasteflow and the corner from Marine Start to Sanitation
    o Blocked off opening in upper-corridor of Stability (the first one on the left when arriving from Monitoring)
    o Removed crates in Stability
    o Closed vent connection on east and west side of Central, and reduced the size of the beams near the ceiling
    o Made ladders in Ventilation collidable again
    o Blocked off area under RT in Aux Gen

Layout!
    0qGZ94p.jpg
    edited September 2014
    By the way Flat, Salad a friend of mine suggested something to avoid the fact that Aux Gen can easily be ARCed from That One Hallway
    Lptstqr.jpg

You move the Tech point to the left side of the room, then move the north entrance to the right side.
    I don't know if that could work but here's his feedback

Btw : red dots are possible RT locations, so that you're not able to snipe it from the corridor (except the red dot that is obviously misplaced). Your call

EDIT : also, this reminds me of the first layout of the room xD damn, forgot to mention that to Salad
    It would still be just as easy to arc in that layout though? I'm not sure I mind how it is now, as aliens can use the vent to go around. I'll take a close look to the exact range though.
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    You probably have enough space to introduce a 5th TP.
  • lotnik190lotnik190 Poland Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187394Members
    You probably have enough space to introduce a 5th TP.

You mean Central? If yes that would be then a game killing room.
    Here you go, SCC playtest :
    I've had a TP in central before, it's not coming back.
    I didn't say Central. Static start points are somewhat less thrilling to me. 5TH allows more randomness
    You obviously have a good length between MS and Auxilary/gen. And a big hole north of "Upper shipping Access".

If you move it a little AG to south, you can probably insert another 5Th TP like "Gen" or "Stability". You'll have the reshape "Upper shipping Access" to make sure the road to central is long enough. It would be a circle configuration (not cross like before).

-That would eventually alleviate a little the "weight" of central, which would be good IMO.
    -Sewer would be less of a problem as the marine could start on this new "opposite tech point".

It worth a look/try IMO.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I think the map is way too small for another TP.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    The map plays fine as it is, adding another tech point and removing the fixed spawn location for marines in favor of more "randomness" is a terrible idea.
    I think the map is way too small for another TP.

Not that small if you take the time to use a chrono.
    Neoken wrote: »
    The map plays fine as it is, adding another tech point and removing the fixed spawn location for marines in favor of more "randomness" is a terrible idea.

It's no randomness; it's totally controlled with a set of "rules". You can decide exactly what configuration you want (excluding bad ones by definition). Summit and Tram just have several configurations. It looks like it's random but in reality nothing is, except the "N" for what configuration to choose. Tram have 4 last time i checked (near observation).

Right now Sewer is not the first choice if you ask the alien team what TP they want. I just suggest to try it, it could give something interesting with little effort (as the layout looks like right now).

In creation area, you always know why it failed but never why it worked. Otherwise we would have perfect games all over the place. So you have to try, and retry, and retry... Sometimes get back to an early version. Whatever ! we got backups on our huge Terabyte sized HDD or NAS.

If Flaterectomy tries it, He's got every evening for 1 week reserved on my server if he (she?) wants to test it out. If it fails, whatever! We tried. and (s)he De-backup the last one.

edited September 2014
    If Flaterectomy tries it, He's got every evening for 1 week reserved on my server if he (she?) wants to test it out. If it fails, whatever! We tried. and (s)he De-backup the last one.
    It's true: I am a hermaphrodite.
    edited September 2014
    You know that there is a lot of girls out there (strange or not; it is). You know i don't want to hurt any feelings.

Come on try it out !

Coz you never know...

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Come on try it out !

This sounds so horrible in context
    I see but...
    I won't go there...
    By the way
    PbzAUIX.jpg4X3rjdV.jpg
    Little hole there
    I'm sorry, MV, I didn't fix that game breaking hole this build... :D

CHANGELOG [21st of september 2014]
    o Cleaned up various unnecessary faces behind props
    o Resized pipe near vent in Upper Shipping Access
    o Detailed corrider west of Central Processing.
    o Made doorways in Monitoring and Stability commander invisible
    I'm not happy... xD
    A new build is out. I wanted to do more, but it took me quite some time to do all the changes to Generator and Auxiliary Generator on this new build, and since I have to go out today (it's October, beer traditions must be upheld) I'll have to save those for the next build.

There's still the weird bug where aliens can't drop cysts between Marine Start and Monitoring. Could be some freaky legacy issue - I had a weird can't-drop-eggs bug in Auxiliary Generator before, which I magically fixed by raising the floor four units, and this might be a similar issue.

CHANGELOG [5th of october 2014]
    o Took the original Auxiliary Generator room and flipped it and Generator around. Rotated That One Hallway to suit.
    o Updated level information-introduction texture

SqwA0L4.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Wow, looking forward to take a look arround ! looks awesome.

Hmm the information poster in Generator is fucked up.
    AND THERE'S A HUGE HOLE IN THE WALL IN AUX GEN ! I'm gonna explore out of bounds now, cya !
    Ack. Not sure what happened there. Gotta go now, though, so no time to fix. Next week at SCC then.
    edited October 2014
    No idea what caused that hole. I originally expected a face accidentally set to OcclusionGeometry instead of CommanderInvisible, but it was a hole in the middle of two faces.

CHANGELOG [6th of october 2014]
    o Fixed strange, magical hole in Auxiliary Generator
    o Fixed non-cystable area between Marine Start and Monitoring
    o Made ceiling beam in Stability's northern hallway more transparent - you should be able to see a hint of skulk on top now
    o Fixed a few texture misalignments

EDIT: I've been told eggs don't spawn in the Generator hive. Will look into it tomorrow.
    edited October 2014
    Today's build:

CHANGELOG [12th of october 2014]
    o Enlarged Monitoring, moved RT
    o Began detailing eastern corridor outside of Central Processing
    o Some additional detailing of Shortcut

There may be some LOS issues, I'll test these during tonight's SCC test. Reports of these are of course welcome.

EDIT: Yesterday saw some further tweaks.

CHANGELOG [13th of october 2014]
    o Added LOS blockers in Monitoring
    o Did things to secret places, shhh
    o Fixed Steam preview image