Custom map playtest sessions

Comments

• MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Pelargir wrote: »
    ATF wrote: »
    Good chance we'll be having fusion votable very soon (Wooza's). Try checking it out when it does run.
    That would be awesome! Especially on a such large server.
    Especially on such a large server ? you think that's a good idea ? Fusion is pretty small, I don't know if it will be interesting to play on 20+ slots servers. Wait & see I guess.

I foresee a lot of marines falling into the lava and a lot of matches not starting for quite a while once the gorge slide is discovered :)

• MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    Mouse wrote: »
    Pelargir wrote: »
    ATF wrote: »
    Good chance we'll be having fusion votable very soon (Wooza's). Try checking it out when it does run.
    That would be awesome! Especially on a such large server.
    Especially on such a large server ? you think that's a good idea ? Fusion is pretty small, I don't know if it will be interesting to play on 20+ slots servers. Wait & see I guess.

I foresee a lot of marines falling into the lava and a lot of matches not starting for quite a while once the gorge slide is discovered :)
    That fricking gorge slide man... I took a video of 7 gorges belly sliding and taunting at the same time down that thing :O hilarious.
    We spent more time in there than on the map. :)

• dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    @Pelargir Move out from Australia?

(While it would help) there's nothing wrong with 300 ping, I've been there for quite a few sessions and I live even further away!
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    dragonmith wrote: »
    @Pelargir Move out from Australia?

(While it would help) there's nothing wrong with 300 ping, I've been there for quite a few sessions and I live even further away!

Not the ping, timezone.
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited September 2014
    I suggest Stratos for next sunday's playtest, if we are enough to play it. It's a bit large (but not too much) so at least 8v8 should be fine.
    Fusion and caged (although caged is regularly played) too. The new version of Outer Rim Ark has been shrunk down, so that might be interesting to playtest too.

What do you think ? :)
  • MasterGMasterG gmfbst Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20169Members, Squad Five Blue
    Stratos and Fusion for sure. Caged is always fun, and to be included in nsl season 5 so the more testing the better! I'd like to request Mineral for next sunday as well, as I'm getting back to working on the level and need some input on where to start:)
    Yeah I agree, I'd like to suggest Mineral too. Check out MasterG's video (when it's up) of tonight playtest to see how it plays
  • troopstroops Wales Join Date: 2003-02-17 Member: 13664Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Most weeks up stuck trying to come up with play lists/ asking mappers if they have an update (We always prioritise updates over none updates) If you want your map on the list, talk to me or Flat(I check the forums for updates but some weeks i'm very busy and don't have the time)

Last sunday we had a lot of good games, I'm going to start recording again with a mix of commander view recordings for each map.

We also maybe moving our host, while Multiplay is the easy option they just haven't given us the best service for this sunday(7th) everything will be normal, then next week we may have a new server i'll make sure to post all the details so no one gets lost.

Mineral
    Derelict
    Fusion
    Stratos
    Caged
    Fracture

Quick list for Sunday - Where we may start with caged/ a more finished map while we wait for everyone to join up. I've also added Fracture in at the end of the night and we'll see if we can get to it.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I have resumed working on frost but I won't have something playable by sunday.
    edited September 2014
    troops wrote: »
    Mineral
    Derelict
    Fusion
    Stratos
    Caged
    Fracture

Quick list for Sunday - Where we may start with caged/ a more finished map while we wait for everyone to join up. I've also added Fracture in at the end of the night and we'll see if we can get to it.
    Dayum ! We're gonna have fun sunday ! And I completely forgot about Fracture.
    By the way does anyone know (have on steam) the creator of Stratos ? His name is Fivz and his last message on the forums was posted on July 9th. I hope he hasn't abandonned the map, because it looks like being close to completion. I'll try to get in touch with him, see if he can be there sunday

• troopstroops Wales Join Date: 2003-02-17 Member: 13664Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Hey everyone we'll be testing again tonight normal time! BUT! we have a new server with a new IP Mumble is the same.

NS2 Server ip - 176.57.129.30:27015

Mumble - scc.mostlyoriginal.net : 12437

Map list is a little up in the air right now, but we should have..

Derelict
    Caged
    Light
    Prison
    Frost

And there might be a few more. Again please let me or Flat know if you have an update and would like it tested tonight! I can only go off what im told.
    edited September 2014
    Some Fusion maybe ? and I think the new Mineral update won't be ready for tonight, so we should wait for next week :)
  • lotnik190lotnik190 Poland Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187394Members
    Some Fusion maybe ? and I think the new Mineral update won't be ready for tonight, so we should wait for next week :)
    Doesn't matter, let's play Mineral and get more feedback. And yeah, Fusion would be nice. But it needs records to give Mouse some feedback.
  • DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Setting up the lineup for tonight! If you want your map tested give us a poke!

ns2_hydra
    ns2_derelict
    ns2_prison
    ns2_caged
  • MasterGMasterG gmfbst Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20169Members, Squad Five Blue
    I released a new version of Mineral on friday. Would be nice to have it played.
    Could someone record this playtest ? Or MasterG, could you stream it ?
    I have a match tonight, like every sunday.. I'm sad I won't be able to make it
    edited October 2014
    Not sure if I have the time to be there tbh. But I'll try to make it!
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    ns_hydra is running right now, but if I try to join it says I am missing a mod and the console says the missing mod is not existing in the workshop = no download o.O
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    It's probably a bit late for this week, but it'd be great if you could play a game on fusion.
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    Worked after a few restarts, must have been the workshop ;)
  • KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    New version of ns2_nothing has just been published (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=220935709).

Can you play test this and let me know your feedback?

I would also be interested in joining so let me know what time you might be playing it.

Thanks.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    wouldnt mind playtesting both hydra and forgotten as well
    @Kalopsia : we usually start arround 21 CET.
    No problem we can play these tonight, i haven't put together the playlist but i will add them on.

We normally start around 21CET if you want to show up earlier we normally all start joining mumble half an hour before. Also make sure you're a member of SCC steam group to get events sent out.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    In 2 weeks, I'll be back among the SCC, streaming the map testing again :D I can't wait to finally be able to play computer games again, it's been so long....
  • KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Bugga, think I missed this one. That is 7am local (next day) for me so don't think I could join :(

Nevermind, let me know your feedback.

Cheers
    Hey everyone thought i'd just give a quick update.

Tonight we will be testing -

Caged
    Hydra
    Derelict
    Light
    Mineral

Im sure im missing some with so many we will try and play as much as we can.

Current playlist.

Derelict
    Caged
    Hydra
    Mineral
    Orbital
    Prison
    Uplift
    Light
    (With some rotation of maps)

It's sunday so i'll see you on mumble and the server

Mumble Details

IP - scc.mostlyoriginal.net
    port- 12437

Natural Selection 2 Details

Spark Crafter Collective
    IP - 176.57.129.30:27015

Any problems or you would like to talk to us about your map/have it included in testing please speak to me(troop) or Flaterectomy.
  • lotnik190lotnik190 Poland Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187394Members
    Hmm, I'm playing NSL tonight, probably won't be able to join maptests :/ I hope someone will be streaming this.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    edited November 2014
    any chance of adding forge to the playlist?

it hasnt been tested by the crafter community yet and the crafter community provide good feedback in general
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Will be streaming this today -

Expect terrible NS2 playing, but great feedback on whether I get lost all the time or not :D