Collecting the mod strings of all servers?

MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Is there a tool or mod that fetches all servers and their mod strings, and exports that list for processing? Basically, a tool to find out which (or how many) servers are running a specific mod.

Technically, this should be possible, as this is similar to what the UI server browser does. I could try to build this, but of course I don't want to repeat work that has already been done.

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Afaik such a tool doesn't exist. What most modders used so far to get the number of servers using their mod was adding a server tag and searching after it at pages like this (servers running shine)
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ah, that's much simpler, thanks.

I've now added such a tag to my mod - but is there any way to verify that it's working (except running a live server, of course)? I checked the wiki, but I didn't see a console command to print that kind of server information.
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Shine didn't add any tag to my servers. Just saying.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2014
    SupaFred wrote: »
    Shine didn't add any tag to my servers. Just saying.

Did you maybe disable it in the baseconfig? See here for details
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Did you maybe disable it in the baseconfig? See here for details

No I just checked and tags are enabled. But I might have removed the tags manually later. Not sure. :)