[Solved] Gliss Vision AV mod

ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
edited August 2014 in Modding
Samusdroid updated the mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aso72wwdnl5u1g2/DarkVision_gliss.zip?dl=0

Here is the download link for gliss vision

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    @mendsap for ns2+ AV aquisition?
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited August 2014
    *Moved to Modding*
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    james888 wrote: »
    @mendsap for ns2+ AV aquisition?

It'd be nice to have it as one of the selectables from ns2+. But even getting it working on the workshop would be great, it was my favorite AV and was never updated with that content change two years ago or so
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Isn't too much OP? Just a question, 'cause I never saw this AV before.
    Pelargir wrote: »
    Isn't too much OP? Just a question, 'cause I never saw this AV before.

I have no idea if it even requires a lot of work or barely any work, if I knew how I'd have done it already. I'm surprised you haven't used this one before, it was probably the best AV out. It completely dulls out the entire landscape and just makes targets a yellow color which is very soothing/easy on the eyes and much better for tracking.

Hopefully someone can do it
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    What's the difference between this one and Huze's minimal vision?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

It looks like colors. Everything turns grey and unsaturated with color, and enemies turn bright yellow.

Everything becomes greyscale and enemies are yellow, it makes the world seem less detailed which takes it out of focus and helps keep you on target
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Huze's minimal Alien vision:
    B7BC45C7302B7BA6A41D5F857DC668E66F73D7A9

The one mentioned by @ezekel:
    61DF1278FD290C59D2BF6C779B2DD583E3965385

I have no idea how does this work regarding of the structures if the same kind of things appears in yellow as a simple Marine. But, compared to the previous minimal vision, this one is clearly more helpful & OP in my opinion, you can't miss your enemies there 'cause your eyes seem to be wholly focused on them.

The old Alien vision:
    5F6CFB011D9A4A692ED8C73D50B17C154A3D7EEA

Personally, the old Alien vision is my favorite, definitely more useful as the minimal vision. This is a big feature from NS2+ that allows players to enable this AV, now, that's pretty hard to skip this AV on vanilla servers without that mod...
    Yeah the original AV gave me motion sickness, which is when I tried out gliss's version and stuck with that until gorgeous I believe broke it due to some type of change, gliss had retired playing by then I believe and it was never updated.

Hoping someone knows how to do it
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2014
    ezekel wrote: »
    Yeah the original AV gave me motion sickness, which is when I tried out gliss's version and stuck with that until gorgeous I believe broke it due to some type of change, gliss had retired playing by then I believe and it was never updated.

It looks like all you'd have to do to get this from huze minimal is change marine highlights to yellow from orange, and make non-highlighted areas greyscale.
    edited August 2014

It looks like all you'd have to do to get this from huze minimal is change marine highlights to yellow from orange, and make non-highlighted areas greyscale.

I have no idea how to do that, and I also have no idea what the exact values were used in the vision! If I did then I would have done it :((

Is their a tutorial on how to open up the files and view the RGB? I can try and do it myself.

Maybe @twiliteblue can help? Since this originally was his AV modified!
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2014
    Made one pretty similar to Gliss' old one a long time ago.
    4D2ED72A2F0887399BB801F2910CD444D65FCE19
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=189068872

Code shamelessly stolen from other AV mods + trial and error.

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2014
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/aso72wwdnl5u1g2/DarkVision_gliss.zip?dl=0

How I did this:
    I took the .fx file (the old format before shaders were converted to .hlsl) and then opened the Natural Selection 2/ns2/shaders/DarkVision.hlsl and then copied pretty much. It was easier than starting from scratch since it already existed.
    edited August 2014
    SamusDroid wrote: »

How I did this:
    I took the .fx file (the old format before shaders were converted to .hlsl) and then opened the Natural Selection 2/ns2/shaders/DarkVision.hlsl and then copied pretty much. It was easier than starting from scratch since it already existed.

Thank you based samus

@Jekt That's not bad, but it looks just a bit 'golden' .. now we can both use the old one again :D

@Mendasp how would I go about putting this into ns2+ for my options? I see the folder with the alien vision shaders, but just dropping it in doesn't seem to do it
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2014
    SamusDroid wrote: »

How I did this:

Thank you based samus

@Jekt That's not bad, but it looks just a bit 'golden' .. now we can both use the old one again :D

@Mendasp how would I go about putting this into ns2+ for my options? I see the folder with the alien vision shaders, but just dropping it in doesn't seem to do it

You can't just add it in the options, that would need to be added by him, but you don't even need ns2+ to run this because AV mods are not consistency checked
    I know, it would have just been nice to have it in the options @samusdroid so what I did was just remove the default AV and replace it with this one, then set ns2+ to default and it runs it.

I can't recall if it looks exactly the same(probably because a lot of things changed graphically since then), but it is greyscale with yellow so thanks a lot!
    Ok love it samus, backed it up to my cloud as well! Got everything the way I like it :)