Underused or bad things in NS2 , from my experiencee in non competitive

kesuga7kesuga7 Earth Join Date: 2014-08-22 Member: 198060Members
edited August 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
Well been playing a bit and i have played enough to see whats not ever used and junk , yeah some of this may already be known
here a list of that and if anyone disagrees or wants to add more feel open to add

Nano shields - Never once in 100 hours have i seen this used , - lower the res cost to 3 and increase the damage reduced possibly but definitely not above 50%

Welder/Weapon drops - now jetpacks may be dropped latergame , but pretty much unless your filthy rich and have already won the game at that point , iv just seen very few welder /shotgun drops

- Aliens , have a few more waythings then marines

Rupture - never once have i been ruptured or seen rupture used - decrease delay time or increase area of rupture explosion?

Ink - another rare ability for aliens , have only seen them on very few occasions and this is due to shade hives unpopularity in pub games which the ability of a shade hive depends on players

Shade hive - need good players for shade hive and it also encourages defensive game play, over the regeneration and armor hive oddly enough

Allot of advanced alien upgrades just seem underused aside from xenoxide , at that point with biomass 6 or 8 its ussualy game over and no one gets to really use the phade/gorge upgrades with marine team conceding at that point

Whips are just dumb or are easily flanked by marines or slow response time :L ,

Edit:
yeah updated title

anyway i guess im sharing experience of what a new player in pub games saw being underused - and with 268 some of that has changed

but yes i probably havn't played on enough different servers to see different things being used

Comments

• KungFuJVKungFuJV Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15167Members
    While I agree with some of your points, I'm not sure you will get the full experience from only 100 hours.
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Weapon drops used to be common untill they limited it to only be near armories, and nanoshields used to be as common as medpacks but that has been nerfed a lot as well, it was simply too strong for many reasons.

The weapons drop are underused imo - it's just a huge investment to drop shotguns, you'd have to delay a lot of tech or save a lot of medpacks. But I definetely think that this is an area where teams can improve a lot. You occasionally see some minepack drops, but rarely will you see shotgun drops. Perhaps people are concluding that if you don't have pres for shotguns, game is probably about over anyway - idk.

Rupture, whips, ink and even shade hive are used in competetive fairly regularly actually, even too much imo. I suspect we will see them a lot less now that the commander pres penalty has been removed and you can have a 6th field player instead.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2014
    As a comm/marine I try to use and see people use all the ones you mentioned as marine pretty often but that is entirely because we must play on different servers.

As a Khamm I use rupture and ink given the chance often enough, but I do agree I rarely see it otherwise. Shade hive happens but not often. Webs and fade stab ability I have so rarely see in game.

The problem with alien advanced upgrades is that they come out very late, except for bile bomb which is the most useful.

All pub play.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    So much disagree i can't click enough.
    Brb making a few ghost accounts just so i can click button more.

Seriously though. Have you watched any competitive matches where aliens use shade hive? Been in a few, it's brown trousers time.
    Nanoshields used to be how you describe - they were over-used.
    Weapon drops - Filthy rich buggers SHOULD contribute to the team, working as intended.

Fade stab - whilst usually useless.. i've seen some fades be the most annoying buggers with it.
    Webs probably could use a bit more usefulness.

Ink is the most useful ability in the game. Ever been arc rushed? No? I envy you.
    Rupture can help underskilled players kill highly skilled players, or just over kitted solo's in your hive.

Whips - Remember when they used to lob nades back? good times...
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Just over 100 hours?
    'tis but a drop on the ocean, my friend. :D

Most of the things you mentioned get used pretty regularly, you just need to play with people that know they're there, and use them when needed.

Nanoshields used to get used much more, they got a nerf so aren't used as much as they used to though. But catpacks are so much cooler anyway ;)

Weapon drops as you say are mainly when you've got some excess Tres and no players with any Pres - this does happen, and often not in the context of an already-won game. It's there as a crutch, not as a main feature.

Exos - Yeah they're in a bad place at the moment. That'll change if echoes on the forums are any indicator.

Rupture - Any alien comm worth his salt will use this whenever possible, it's freaking awesome.

Ink is only used/needed to delay arcs and as a visual distraction, and yeah like you said, shade hive isnt very popular in lower-skill pubs (if only due to lack of players that understand how to play with it)

Webs - I agree. Everyone does, and it looks like they will be rebalanced soon (maybe today? :D )

Stab - Yeah it's shit. It's really only the fade ups that suck like this, most other life form upgrades are very useful. Again, currently these are undergoing balance changes... I'll add that since you mentioned gorge upgrades not getting used... Bile is basically a must-have for aliens on almost every server I've played on, ever. Dunno how this one's slipped you by :P

And whips - have you played since the last patch at all? You wont want to stand near one anymore, they'll rek u m8

I'm glad, since you can see a few issues you're clearly not a n000b but really at 100 hours I don't think I had even experienced a game where the players had any significant level of competance... Keep playing and trying different servers at different times (dont be afraid of modded or unofficial servers! community in this game is awesome) and I'm sure you'll eventually stumble across a better gaming experience :)
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2014
    you are right about alot of things.
    But remember: in high skilled / comp games alot of the stuff u mention IS used.
    There has to be a difference right, if not the game wouldnt have enough depth.

Now for more important matters:
    i like your cat. do you like my cat?
    If so: awesome me!
  • HEllrunner2kHEllrunner2k Join Date: 2013-07-05 Member: 185945Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    100 h on Pubs... camaaaaaan ... I use this shit ALL the damn time, don't ya dare to touch it!
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Why are you all talking about comp, when the OP obviously is talking about Pub with his 100 h experience? Pub and Comp entirly different worlds. All those abilities / features are really seldomly if ever used in pub, but then again most are for occasional use anyway for certain (counter -) strategies.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    kesuga7 wrote: »
    Webs - by the time webs are up marines will have flamers and gl's so yeah not worth it and pretty rare to see - decrease biomass level for webs and give gorges webs at biomass 2 but limited to 3 or 2 at a time

yes
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    _INTER_ wrote: »
    Why are you all talking about comp, when the OP obviously is talking about Pub with his 100 h experience? Pub and Comp entirly different worlds. All those abilities / features are really seldomly if ever used in pub, but then again most are for occasional use anyway for certain (counter -) strategies.

I guess the topic here is in general is poorly defined. Is OP suggesting that there is a problem here at all, or is he simply pointing out an observation? I don't know. To me, it's not a problem at all, so I guess I don't know what the topic actually IS.
  • CLARK_KENTCLARK_KENT Vancouver, Canada Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9508Members, Reinforced - Silver
    A lot of this is typically used more in the "late game" period of "long" games. You'll probably see these more whenever you find yourself in a game that has been going on for over 25-30 minutes.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    CCTEE wrote: »
    Now for more important matters:
    i like your cat. do you like my cat?
    If so: awesome me!
    If that's your cat... I take your cat with the crazy eyes and raise you one more cat with crazy eyes (my friends cat ^^ )
    keocat.jpg
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    edited August 2014
    ITT Everyone disagreeing with OPs obviously obvious observations.
    • Weapon drops aren't used. They are too damn expensive to be used anywhere but end game. Dropping a single shotgun costs as much as researching shotguns. The worst part though is you have no control over who takes it. It can end up going to the random green or even no one at all.
    • Rupture isn't used. It barely does anything useful, requires too much micro, and only works on home turf anyway.
    • Ink has very little use outside of blocking arcs, like rupture but worse and it only works with a shade hive.
    • Vortex, Stab, and Web are almost completely unused, but that's why they just removed vortex and I think moved web down in biomass (still probably wont be used).
    • Whips were only recently fixed to be able to even hit marines reliably (267), so until that point he was dead on about them being near useless (though still somewhat frequently deployed anyway). I still haven't seen much of them since.

Nano shield is very powerful, but requires a bit too much precision in use to be pub-friendly. Old nanoshield that lasted like 8 seconds was much better in this regard.

Shade hive first is actually a very interesting dilemma. Phantom and Aura are plenty powerful, the problem is the marine response. The best way to counter shade first is to move in more coordinated groups. By picking shade you end up hurting yourself by encouraging the enemy to play right.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    @sotanaht‌ So, because you don't use those things, or you haven't seen anyone use those things very often that means that no one must use those features right? Seems like solid logic to me.
    edited August 2014
    sebb wrote: »
    @sotanaht‌ So, because you don't use those things, or you haven't seen anyone use those things very often that means that no one must use those features right? Seems like solid logic to me.

Thousand hours and enough understanding of the game to know WHY they aren't/are seldom used in pub.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    sotanaht wrote: »

Thousand hours and enough understanding of the game to know why they aren't/are seldom used in pub. It's just stating the obvious really.

And if they aren't used in pub they are worthless right?

Thousand hours and enough understanding of the game to know why they aren't/are seldom used in pub. It's just stating the obvious really.

And this thread is about something other than pubs, RIGHT?

And this thread is about something other than pubs, RIGHT?

Well, I'm just arguing that it is pretty silly to argue about features split between pub and comp. Its the same game, same features the only different factor is the player. So, the player either doesn't know about them, or doesn't want to use them. I use them in pub and comp because I think they are decent in different situations.

You can't just blanket say something is worthless cus pub players don't use it.

• Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nano shields used to be used all the time because they were too good. As an alien, if you saw a nano shield dropped you pretty much had to retreat because it would be impossible to kill the guy for the next 8 seconds. Like little ubercharges that could be dropped all the time for very little cost. They're used less frequently now, but I much prefer it to the old way.

Weapon drops feel like a holdover from NS1 that has outlived its importance. Now that marines have pres it feels more like a last resort option than anything else (lifeform eggs are the same way).

I use Rupture quite frequently, and any alien commander who knows what he's doing should do the same. It's a fairly powerful ability to be able to deploy, and it's not that expensive, either. The micro is much easier now that it can be done anywhere on infestation, not just on cysts.

I'd like to see Ink get buffed a bit, it really is only useful for delaying ARCs which feels like a shame. Maybe it could be used to temporarily disable all marine structures in its radius? So echoing in a Shade and Inking could become a strategy? Just spitballing, could be a terrible idea.

Shade hive is just as viable as the other two, I would say. It's just a bit more tricky to play effectively and there's a long standing stigma against it from when it wasn't as good. But Aura is very powerful, Phantom is great when played properly, and hallucinations are better than they used to be (mucous and enzyme receiving reworks in 268 should help too).

Xenocide, you don't want it to be any better, trust me. It's annoying enough as is, and it definitely gets the job done as a late-game siege breaker.

Vortex and Stab were useless, that's why Vortex was removed and Stab has been reworked.

Webs have been moved to bio 5 which should make them more frequently seen.

Whips are really good for what they are, you wouldn't want them to be any better because you don't want a PvE game.

All in all UWE (and now the CDT) has done a good job of gradually making things more useful. Back when this game first came out there were really only a couple things that were useful, and a lot of stuff just felt completely useless. There was a time when umbra was something you'd never see, and now it's one of the best abilities in the game. And if you thought Vortex v. 2 was bad, don't even get me started on the original Vortex. I don't know if that was ever used effectively in any situation.
    edited August 2014
    Nano shields used to be used all the time because they were too good. As an alien, if you saw a nano shield dropped you pretty much had to retreat because it would be impossible to kill the guy for the next 8 seconds. Like little ubercharges that could be dropped all the time for very little cost. They're used less frequently now, but I much prefer it to the old way.

Weapon drops feel like a holdover from NS1 that has outlived its importance. Now that marines have pres it feels more like a last resort option than anything else (lifeform eggs are the same way).

I use Rupture quite frequently, and any alien commander who knows what he's doing should do the same. It's a fairly powerful ability to be able to deploy, and it's not that expensive, either. The micro is much easier now that it can be done anywhere on infestation, not just on cysts.

I'd like to see Ink get buffed a bit, it really is only useful for delaying ARCs which feels like a shame. Maybe it could be used to temporarily disable all marine structures in its radius? So echoing in a Shade and Inking could become a strategy? Just spitballing, could be a terrible idea.

Shade hive is just as viable as the other two, I would say. It's just a bit more tricky to play effectively and there's a long standing stigma against it from when it wasn't as good. But Aura is very powerful, Phantom is great when played properly, and hallucinations are better than they used to be (mucous and enzyme receiving reworks in 268 should help too).

Xenocide, you don't want it to be any better, trust me. It's annoying enough as is, and it definitely gets the job done as a late-game siege breaker.

Vortex and Stab were useless, that's why Vortex was removed and Stab has been reworked.

Webs have been moved to bio 5 which should make them more frequently seen.

Whips are really good for what they are, you wouldn't want them to be any better because you don't want a PvE game.

All in all UWE (and now the CDT) has done a good job of gradually making things more useful. Back when this game first came out there were really only a couple things that were useful, and a lot of stuff just felt completely useless. There was a time when umbra was something you'd never see, and now it's one of the best abilities in the game. And if you thought Vortex v. 2 was bad, don't even get me started on the original Vortex. I don't know if that was ever used effectively in any situation.

I seriously disagree about rupture. I've had it used against me (EXTREMELY infrequently) and it basically does nothing to affect my aim. I've tried using it myself and seen about the same results, the marines affected don't seem to play any worse. Maybe it's different for comp players, maybe some minor nuisance can have a huge affect when you are playing so close to perfection, but I would assume that they are even better at dealing with it.

What were webs before, bio 7? I haven't seen them used since the change either, I think commanders are ignoring them because they aren't worth the tres cost. Hasn't been very long so we'll have to see.

Shade hive is powerful. VERY powerful. In order to counter it, marines stick together, scan more, build forward observatories.... all behaviors that make winning as aliens harder. Against a marine team that is already doing all of that, shade first is a viable option, but otherwise it's self defeating.

Whips were buffed in 267, I think they are fine now. I still miss the grenade whack, but their anti-marine abilities are sufficient. The increased tres cost in 268 might be uncalled for though.

Original vortex was better, mostly just as a beacon counter. Both versions were often self defeating, V1 because it would give marines a chance to reload safely, and v2 because it only ended up slowing fades down.

If there was a time when Umbra was bad, I must not have been playing then (and I've been playing about 2 years now). The original problem with umbra was that it was a late game tech, only available on 3 hives after spores were researched.
  • kmgkmg Join Date: 2008-02-28 Member: 63758Members
    why equate "underused" with "bad?" ink isn't bad, it's just used in really specific circumstances. when you need it, it's really useful. the point you basically made about shade hive is that it requires skill and teamwork so it's bad. your description of whips belies a failure to understand their zoning potential. advanced alien upgrades are rarely supposed to be reached. hive three upgrades are supposed to be completely OP and end the game. contaminate is a great one, it can end games by itself, and if the commander can get to it he obviously should. stab is terrible. xenocide is good. rupture is definitely not bad. it might be underused in pubs, but that's because the commanders are bad. this is what frustrates me when people complain that alien commander just doesn't do anything all game. great alien commanders use things like rupture and drifter abilities to help their players in engagements at a micro level. anybody who says alien commander just idles around all game is a bad alien commander. rupture is strong, not as good as bone wall but still good. weapon drops are very specifically a feature for pubs. when you hold the entire map and can't end the game because your team is shit. you blow all your res on grenade launchers and jetpacks because everybody already wasted their pres on shit like flamethrowers. nanoshield is pretty shit though :P

the big question here is why you would think your opinion on this would be helpful. "im sharing experience of what a new player in pub games saw being underused." what you've shown is that new players don't know how the game works because they're new. but we already knew that. play more.
  • kesuga7kesuga7 Earth Join Date: 2014-08-22 Member: 198060Members
    edited August 2014
    kmg wrote: »
    why equate "underused" with "bad?" ink isn't bad, it's just used in really specific circumstances. when you need it, it's really useful. the point you basically made about shade hive is that it requires skill and teamwork so it's bad. your description of whips belies a failure to understand their zoning potential. advanced alien upgrades are rarely supposed to be reached. hive three upgrades are supposed to be completely OP and end the game. contaminate is a great one, it can end games by itself, and if the commander can get to it he obviously should. stab is terrible. xenocide is good. rupture is definitely not bad. it might be underused in pubs, but that's because the commanders are bad. this is what frustrates me when people complain that alien commander just doesn't do anything all game. great alien commanders use things like rupture and drifter abilities to help their players in engagements at a micro level. anybody who says alien commander just idles around all game is a bad alien commander. rupture is strong, not as good as bone wall but still good. weapon drops are very specifically a feature for pubs. when you hold the entire map and can't end the game because your team is shit. you blow all your res on grenade launchers and jetpacks because everybody already wasted their pres on shit like flamethrowers. nanoshield is pretty shit though :P

the big question here is why you would think your opinion on this would be helpful. "im sharing experience of what a new player in pub games saw being underused." what you've shown is that new players don't know how the game works because they're new. but we already knew that. play more.

well the title reads' underused OR bad things my mistake if i wasn't clear on the points- like the nano-shields just being bad or weapon drops underused due to aliens just conceding at that point (everyone just wants to start a new game )

like i said shade hive requires a good team to use it and its definitely not bad but in pub games i just dont see it allot

Ink can be good also but a small buff to the visual ink duration wouldn't hurt and i have been ruptured myself now and it really doesn't effect my aim much , i even asked marines as alien commander if it hindered them and all they said it was annoying but they were still blasting all my teammate skulks that ran at them

i just see marine teams conceding at that point with biomass 7 or 8 so i just don't see them used as often and yeah contaminate can end games , i suppose its a issue of plenty of teams conceding , once i dropped a third hive and the marine team surrendered immediately and you can't blame them because there just absolutely no hope at that point and its funner/better to just start a new game
  • kmgkmg Join Date: 2008-02-28 Member: 63758Members
    i don't understand your point. you're not supposed to see late game abilities used very often. who cares if they're underused? their sole purpose is to make the game effectively unwinnable for the losing side after momentum has gotten ridiculous for the winning side. it's the threat of these abilities which causes teams to concede, and if the threat these abilities did not exist it would fundamentally break the momentum swing dynamic of the game. what most teams aren't effective enough to do in these late game scenarios is recognize opportunities for and carry out hail-mary plays.
  • KKyleKKyle Michigan Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55067Members
    Here's my feedback to the following presented.

Nano shields: Hardly do I ever use this as commander

Weapon drops: Not too rare. Most often has to be requested and reminded this option exists. In NS1, dropping stuff
    was the only way to attain it. Having the option of a armory and prototype is actually quite a luxury to get it without asking.

Rupture: I'm not even sure of the details of this as alien comm. If I see someone hitting a lone res tower I don't even think
    about rupture, i'd rather send a crag/whip over there. What's the aoe radius of rupture? is it effective? I don't remember a time
    of it happening to me as a marine.

Ink - It's not often I have veils, and if I do, I only use ink for arcs. If a lone marine runs into the hive for upgrades, he
    may just get one before I even consider ink, or for any other purpose than hiding from arcs.

Shade hive - I hate being the team with shade hive first. It sucks as an upgrade. But going against a team of aliens with shade hive first I hate even more.
    All the scans required, having obs in different tech points, these are things that are easy to forget. And having
    alternate strategies is really powerful compared to the routine we are all used to in games.

• UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    [*]Rupture isn't used. It barely does anything useful, requires too much micro, and only works on home turf anyway.
    hive.
    My only rant about rupture is that it's not instant. I use a Bone-wall in conjunction to block Marines and then rupture works (you know where he's gonna go). A decent Khammander use it when necessary.

[*]Vortex, Stab, and Web are almost completely unused, but that's why they just removed vortex and I think moved web down in biomass (still probably wont be used).
    It's not used as Stab isn't instantaneous. You have to wait one second after triggering it. The opposite would have been much better. Instant kill but no special fade ability (blink, metabolize) available for a second or two, so he would have to dodge bullets and run. There lies the skill.

A lot of these abilities are situational. You don't use them if not needed. There is no "recipe" for NS2. It a strategy game. The fact that you don't see these things on public server often doesn't mean it's useless. I mean you still have to call for several minutes a base rush on public servers.
  • NotPaLaGiNotPaLaGi Join Date: 2014-05-29 Member: 196291Members
    Geez you guys need to back off the OP. He merely noticed this game is filled with lots of niche abilities that have very specific uses only at certain times, and expressed it in his 100h playtime way by calling them bad/underused. And he is right.

Most of these abilities were created and deemed useful at one point in time until the game would change and that ability would become too strong/too weak and would either get overused and nerfed or ignored. For the majority of NS2 development, the developers used adding new abilities/features to try to fix the balance/fun of the game rather than address core issues with gameplay early on or tweaking main abilities. It's the incorrect approach of trying to fix a problem with a feature. A good example of this was when there was an absurbly high amount of marine 1 tech point turtles on pubs (I forget the patch) and lots of aliens teams were unable to end the game. Rather than address the cause and maybe figure out what is leading up to this unwanted result, the UWE fix was "OK let's add this feature called contaminate, designed precisely to address this very specific problem. We will spend all this money on programming time, modeling, etc. and we can spin it as another free DLC-type item!" when in reality it adds little to no depth to the game and still never addressed the root cause.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited August 2014
    ITT Everyone disagreeing with OPs obviously obvious observations.
    • Weapon drops aren't used. They are too damn expensive to be used anywhere but end game. Dropping a single shotgun costs as much as researching shotguns. The worst part though is you have no control over who takes it. It can end up going to the random green or even no one at all.
    • Rupture isn't used. It barely does anything useful, requires too much micro, and only works on home turf anyway.
    • Ink has very little use outside of blocking arcs, like rupture but worse and it only works with a shade hive.
    • Vortex, Stab, and Web are almost completely unused, but that's why they just removed vortex and I think moved web down in biomass (still probably wont be used).
    • Whips were only recently fixed to be able to even hit marines reliably (267), so until that point he was dead on about them being near useless (though still somewhat frequently deployed anyway). I still haven't seen much of them since.

Nano shield is very powerful, but requires a bit too much precision in use to be pub-friendly. Old nanoshield that lasted like 8 seconds was much better in this regard.

Shade hive first is actually a very interesting dilemma. Phantom and Aura are plenty powerful, the problem is the marine response. The best way to counter shade first is to move in more coordinated groups. By picking shade you end up hurting yourself by encouraging the enemy to play right.

Weapon Drops: Wrong, they are used

Rupture: Although it does not have much use, sometimes I use it to screw with the marines.

Ink: From my experiences, ink is rarely used, so that's probably true

Vortex Stab and Web: Vortex is used sometimes, stab is almost useless (before 268 at least), web is used sometimes.

Whips: Wrong, they are used quite frequently

Nano Shield: In pubs, rarely used.

Shade hive first: False, they are used. Shade hive first depends whether or not your team can use it properly. As a unit I frequently ask for shade hive first and as a comm I use it pretty often provided my team can use it.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    I think what this post does most is shows how hard it is for new players/commanders to learn how/when to use these abilities. And I agree. Unfortunately, I don't have a good solution. The single-player tutorial mode could be enhanced, but many new players only lightly use it anyways.