Build 268 network issue

Sun_StormSun_Storm France Join Date: 2014-08-22 Member: 198062Members
Hi,

I had a big issue with the build 266: no all servers were listed and someone listed I failed to connect. Since build 267 it was perfect as before. And now with build 268 it is the worse: only 20 servers listed with hafl failed connection. So to make a summarize, I can't play this game now :( . Great build ever !

Comments

• NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    The update literally just went out. Give server operators time to update their servers.
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    please allow the servers to update and steam to populate them
  • Sun_StormSun_Storm France Join Date: 2014-08-22 Member: 198062Members
    I never had "failed connection" before build 266. With the build 267 it was perfect, no "failed to connect". And now again "failed to connect" with the new build. So this is not a story of build 268 populate on servers, this is really a build issue.
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    SantaClaws wrote: »
    Lol try to be reasonable @Sun_Storm‌

Reasonable for what? I paid a game and every 2 build I can't play !
  • DaveodethDaveodeth Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172717Members
    SantaClaws wrote: »
    Lol try to be reasonable @Sun_Storm‌

Or just not be an arse that'd be a start.
    Someone can be serious here? I report an issue and see your comments .... pathetic
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Like Narfwak and Wasabi just said, the patch just came out and servers need to be updated to the new build.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    OMG I CAN'T PLAY THIS GAME IT'S BEEN A FULL 56 SECONDS SINCE THE PATCH WENT OUT WHAT DA FUUUUUU

Patience young padawan, soon the servers will all be updated and you will be playing again.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    What I'm hearing: "Guys, I haven't considered or even read your responses, so let me get indignant and re-iterate my original post here. I expect a solution that I agree with to be dropped into my lap this very instant. Chop chop *claps hands twice*"
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    You also should realize that even if server operators have updated servers yet, there's not always a lot of servers which are populated during this time of day. Normally if I wanna play in the morning or early afternoon, I'm connecting across an ocean.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Why, every people complaining come from France? This bothers me a bit... :(
  • joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Sun_Storm wrote: »

very good point.

this game should be free as long as the development is being done by non profit 3rd party community individuals.

there are simply too many issues with gameplay, performance, feature implementation, and connectivity that purchasing the game today is wrong and i am very disappointed with them as I used to believe in the integrity and mission of this developer (UWE).

Now, UWE simply does nothing other than "participate" in 3rd party modding and author press for a game that is less fun than it has ever been but they still get paid?

Is that the type of game developer that we want to support with out hard earned money?
  • METROIDMETROID Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165171Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    He is a troll, don't spare your time.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Pelargir wrote: »
    I can name a few from Aust, and a few from the US.

Anyway - An update to the error message you get would be dandy. "this server is running the previous patch" or something would definitely help clarify why you can't connect.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    AurOn2 wrote: »

Ey? You were the only Aussie in this thread till I replied...

• TurbineTurbine Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159160Members
    I think what he's getting at is that servers running an older version of the game should be filtered out by newer client versions.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited August 2014
    Anyway - An update to the error message you get would be dandy. "this server is running the previous patch" or something would definitely help clarify why you can't connect.
    I don't think that's what is happening in this case. The server browser doesn't repopulate immediately and will have old server addresses up from servers you've played on or favorited even if those servers aren't actually online. It's an ancient issue with the server browser, but since it only really affects playtesting and the hours immediately after patch day it's never been a high priority.
    Turbine wrote: »
    I think what he's getting at is that servers running an older version of the game should be filtered out by newer client versions.
    Well, that's the thing. Generally they do. That case will not produce a "failed to connect" error but rather a "game files do not match the server" error (i.e., consistency check failure). On top of that a server running a completely different build number will not appear in the browser unless by the previous method - in which case that server isn't actually online, so you're not actually connecting to anything. Generally you'll only get a genuine version mismatch if you're connecting directly via IP to a server that is out of date, or if either your or the server has corrupted or modified files (or, you're a playtester and ran the wrong build).

Again, this only happens if you're seeing the server list come down and be completely repopulated right after a new build, so unless we start patching every day (or you're a playtester) you don't run into it often.
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    In all fairness, you posted a technical issue into the general discussion forum. Things aren't going to be pretty.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    sebb wrote: »

Ey? You were the only Aussie in this thread till I replied...

I guess they are everywhere, but for some reasons, it's easily remarkable when they are French or they're not. Anyway, this is not the subject here.

I agree with @dePara, + UWE has to deal with Subnautica, as far as I know, they're not a huge studio that can focus on 2 different projects. That doesn't mean they abandoned NS2 to let the CDT manage the game alone 'cause if it was right, CDT shouldn't have some limitations to release new builds & changes that they're currently have.

I just think you must be able to see on your browser only the servers with your current version of NS2. If you downloaded b268, then, servers updated to b268 should show up. Same if, at the contrary, you have an older version of NS2. + Having a dedicated message for only a few hours when the time every servers & clients are up to date is really necessary? I don't think so, people can also be aware of the new update on the main menu, with the news posted about latest builds if they're not already aware of the release of course.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    joohoo_n3d wrote: »
    Sun_Storm wrote: »

very good point.

this game should be free as long as the development is being done by non profit 3rd party community individuals.

there are simply too many issues with gameplay, performance, feature implementation, and connectivity that purchasing the game today is wrong and i am very disappointed with them as I used to believe in the integrity and mission of this developer (UWE).

Now, UWE simply does nothing other than "participate" in 3rd party modding and author press for a game that is less fun than it has ever been but they still get paid?

Is that the type of game developer that we want to support with out hard earned money?

UWE has supported the game with updates for over a year after release. But in the end they need to pay the bills, and there comes a time they need to move on to their next game. Just be glad there are such talented and dedicated individuals around to invest countless hours of spare time to keep improving the game for the rest of us.

Now, while releasing new builds often comes with some new bugs, and a small timeframe of instability (servers updating, mods breaking), I think it's hard to disagree that the overwhelming bulk of balancechanges, feature implementation and bugfixes the CDT has made has been for the better. So learn to stop worrying and love the CDT.