A Possible Alternative

SparkOfLifeSparkOfLife Join Date: 2013-04-05 Member: 184655Members
I have watched the latest work of the talented and well known director, Ridley Scott. In his latest movie, Prometheus, a prequel of the film 'ALIEN', scientists travel to a distant solar system to find the origins of humanity. But all they find is a 2000 year old mystery.

As they go on, more and more creepy extraterrestrials pop up, with features both familiar and alien. And this is what I am all about right now. Designing creepier and more 'alien' aliens, along with more badass marines, following the ideas of the 'Colonial Marines', or rather, create an entirely new, class based set of human soldiers.

ALIENS:
-Introduction: Now, I don't want to make this game exactly like an ALIENS movie, just to replace the horrible 'ALIENS: Colonial Marines', but rather make a more mature, scarier and darker experience. Due to my designs (which I will upload at a later date), some of the gameplay in NS2 will have to change, and therefore new maps, with new artwork needs to be done, and I will look into that another time. But here are my first few ideas for the alien race.

-All Big Things have Small Beginnings: The Serpent
This will probably work as a skulk replacement. Just like the skulk, the Serpent has a powerful bite. But also, it has a special 'Launch' ability, which will launch the Serpent towards a human target, and if it is in range, the human will catch it mid air and cause a quicktime event. Either sine will have to mash spacebar to win. Whoever manages to press 'space' the most in a time span of 15 seconds. If the human wins, he will throw the Serpent away and pull up his rifle, while the Serpent will suffer from slowed down movement. If the Serpent wins it will slip out of the humans hands and thrust itself down the victims throat. This is an instant kill. The Serpent will then use the body as a host to cocoon itself. As a result, the upper chest will burst and the cocoon will be sticking out of the dead body. This is to show human players which dead allies pose a threat and which don't. After the cocoon the next stage of alien starts becoming a problem.

-A Species Evolved: The Hugger
Much a work in progress. I am missing an idea for a simple attack, but I know it's special attack: By pressing 'E' it's large, slightly transparent 'wings', open up and reveal a mouth, type thing. This is an extremely vulnerable spot, but if the Hugger is close enough it can 'embrace' the human with its wings and subsequently kill the victim. The Hugger lays an egg in the human and dies, but stays wrapped around the dead body, for the other human players to spot the threat. This is the dawn of the final stage of the alien life cycle.

-The Beginning of the End: The Devourer
Work in progress. Basically the most powerful alien evolution. Big, deals a ton of damage and has a big health pool.

-There are a couple of other evolutions, including a suicidal, acid spewing slug and a crab like creature, possessing skills similar to the Gorge. These Designs are coming soon.

MARINES:
Coming soon

Please tell me what you think. Criticism and ideas are most welcome.

Comments

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Regardless of the original post i somehow feel sad that this thread did not get A SINGLE VIEW efore i commented here.
    Rest in peace.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Hehe yea poor guy... Must've not realized the fan fiction section is one of the dark, forsaken corners of the UWE forums... this, and the "discussions" section... sane people just don't go near there.
    I'm scared, let's get out of here Vet. :(
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Regardless of the original post i somehow feel sad that this thread did not get A SINGLE VIEW efore i commented here.
    Rest in peace.

I think the view count might be bugged. I have noticed it go down after a while.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    Hehe yea poor guy... Must've not realized the fan fiction section is one of the dark, forsaken corners of the UWE forums... this, and the "discussions" section... sane people just don't go near there.
    I'm scared, let's get out of here Vet. :(

Just found a guy in the zen of sudoku forum yesterday. Hes not been out there for long - a month - so maybe he will make it. He hasnt responded to anything yet, though.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    May I post here even if I didn't read the whole text above?
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Pelargir wrote: »
    May I post here even if I didn't read the whole text above?

I didn't either, you're good.
    Is this forum even moderated?
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I am going to report you all for NECROPHILIA!!! Or did I mean Necromancy......
    ;)
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    I am going to report you all for NECROPHILIA!!! Or did I mean Necromancy......
    ;)

I think you mean necromancy. And possibly going horribly OT :D