267 Crash

Conker_AUConker_AU Australia Join Date: 2013-11-25 Member: 189556Members
edited August 2014 in Technical Support
Game crash after 267. So far I can't see a pattern, it happens after map changes, when I join a team or sometimes just whilst i'm playing. Have turned hints off, etc. Tried turning off all mods, have done the full NUKE and is still happening.

Logs here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77192267/tech_support.zip.

EDIT: it appears it can also crash in the main menu....

Cheers.

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Not sure if it is related or not but your logs show crashes on both windows update and AEAPPINVW8.
    Regardless if it is related, I suggest to check those out.

Also please try to test on uwe servers. I saw in the ns2 log you provided that you play on a server with mods enabled.. Now many of the big popular mods are fully updated for ns2, but I did not recognise many. Chance is they may still contain errors.

• Conker_AUConker_AU Australia Join Date: 2013-11-25 Member: 189556Members
    HI Darkling,

I wouldn't have any idea how to check the windows update and AEAPPINVW8 crashes (i'm not exactly very computer savvy).

However I've got new logs taken from an offical UWE server (apparently there are only EU official ones left which I don't normally view).
    Anyway, I joined one that didn't have any mods (the first one did so i disconnected). Managed to run around on summit, tram and veil as both aliens and marines (no-one else was on the server), after I changed the map to biodome I joined aliens, then f4'd joined marines, f4'd again to rejoin aliens and it crashed to the debug Window with log.txt and minidump pops up.

Log here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77192267/ns2_crash_1.zip

Cheers.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    hmm.. no minidump in the zip, I assume you send it with the application over to uwe?
    (or was it a windows crash error?)

So far any attempt to send the log.txt and minidump.dmp from the debug window has resulted in a small popup window which says "sending" that never seems to go away (left it for 30 mins to test if it would eventually send) and that seems to not allow me to do anything else with my computer. I am just stuck with the cursor icon from NS2 and to get rid of it i have to restart my computer....
    Well then you are sending it to uwe, so I guess that works.
    Juuuuust let it send. Depending on your upload speed it may take a while, especially if it dumped entire ns2 memory in the dmp file.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    A faster, smaller method of making a dump file is to run techsupport.exe in your ns2 folder when NS2 is still open and crashed.
    edited August 2014
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts