Crashing 1-2 times a day since b267

AmbivalentAmbiguityAmbivalentAmbiguity Miami, FL Join Date: 2014-02-18 Member: 194129Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Ever since the release of b267 I've been having relatively frequent crashes on my server.

It doesn't seem to be linked to player count as I've lowered it to as low as 16 and it will still crash. Mods also don't seem to be a big deal, though I admit I was crashing up to 5 times a day, I removed NS2stats, and it reduced the amount of crashes greatly.

I never had this problem before b267, so I'm kind of a little out of ideas.

I spoke to the company I rent from and they did make note that several of their clients for NS2 are also noting frequent server crashes since this latest patch. I'm working with them currently in order to get crash logs, but it's a little difficult because the servers are set to automatically restart once a crash occurs, and as we know, the logs get destroyed when a restart comes along.

It should be noted that I never had crash problems to this extent before b267.

I'd say that it's isolated to just my server but I host two separate servers with two separate hosting companies and both have been crashing.

Again, I'll get the logs when I can somehow make that happen, but for now I wanted to put the feelers out and see if any other server admins have been having this problem.

Thanks everyone.

I guess I should also point out which server I host - it's the [TA] House of Awesome and its CompMod equivalent.

Comments

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We're working on a potential fix for this in the next patch, as we *think* we know what the issue is. It's been difficult to track because none of the servers we have access to have been crashing.
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    @Obraxis‌ How can you tell if the server is crashing because of the new bug or just the old instability? I would be happy to help you troubleshoot if I knew what to look for.
  • AmbivalentAmbiguityAmbivalentAmbiguity Miami, FL Join Date: 2014-02-18 Member: 194129Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just wanted to add to this because I do finally have a server log. The dilemma is that it doesn't appear to show much as the cause, or the more likely answer is I don't know how to read it properly. :P

http://pastebin.com/x2iUtYTP
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    the log doesnt say anything specific, but since the last thing to happen was a map change, this issue could be one of the items we have been working on.
  • AmbivalentAmbiguityAmbivalentAmbiguity Miami, FL Join Date: 2014-02-18 Member: 194129Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I had kinda figured. I just figured something is better than nothing. :)