[Build 0.9.5] ns2_prison (04/04-2020)

Comments

• Vert^Vert^ Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181227Members

Vert^ wrote: »

*WIP**** Lightning, props and textures might change. Optimization for framerates might be needed, there will not be that many reflection orbs.

8->
    edited March 2014
    Yet another vacation is going to interfere with my work on prison, sadly for you, but bonus for me the next week :D

When I get back home I will continue to strive towards a completly detailed map, I'll start numbering my builds from 0.1 - 1 (final) and do a road-map of the areas that needs detailing still. Hope you all have a great week as I will be traversing deserts and canyons in Jordan!

So long bros!

Sneap peak of next big build:
    Editor_2014_03_19_12_26_18_81.jpg

Editor_2014_03_21_16_57_20_41.jpg

Editor_2014_03_21_16_57_35_00.jpg

Editor_2014_03_21_16_59_09_06.jpg

Editor_2014_03_24_20_15_48_37.jpg

Editor_2014_03_24_20_15_57_44.jpg
    New build is out! Surveillance is finally complete, there's a few issues that will be corrected in the coming days, hard at work on version 0.2 already!! This will feature a fully detailed Quarry as stated on the road map I made over version 0.1 - 1 on the first page, please enjoy and continue to provide valuable feedback! ;)
      LATEST CHANGES 11/05-2014:
        - Detailed Surveillance.
          - Optimized the previous detailed rooms.
            - Moved the cosmetics around the Surveillance RT to ensure free 360' movement around it.
              - Fixed a few props and faces obscuring commanders vision / drops.
                - Fixed cyst / infestation issues near Quarry.

Screenshots of the new Surveillance room:
                OhcW1fP.jpg
                k3fXMNz.jpg
                OhOsSRs.jpg
                GAnFebm.jpg
                PX47Itg.jpg
                FBHyasG.jpg
                G2rzJF8.jpg
                OnYWmM1.jpg
                k1wNbAT.jpg

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
                Wow, really nice. I like the ceiling somehow.
              • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
                Was a long time I didn't test this map, I really would like to give you feedbacks. I'll certainly try to contact you asap, I really want to help to improve your map.
              • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
                Again, here are the replays from our maptesting session yesterday, even if you were on the Teamspeak and could listen anything we said.

MrOizo: http://www.twitch.tv/mister_oizo/b/533417275
                Cr4zy: http://www.twitch.tv/cr4zyb4st4rd/b/533409137
                Vindaloo: http://www.twitch.tv/vindalo0/b/533401580

You heard a lot of feedbacks in voice as well, not sure I need to add some new informations. Your map is very interesting, some rooms need to get a roof higher or something, especially the corridors near the Marine start.
                New month. New build completed 0.2.5!

In the road map Med Bay. was slated to be published alongside Cantina in 0.3, but these last weeks I have recieved alot of feedback, I just had to address, I'll split it up into a half build, and call this one 0.2.5, as I feel these changes, will make the map more enjoyable right now.

As always the mini-map in the first post of this thread, have been updated to its current state.
                0.3 will still hit, when cantina is completed!

LIST TLDR;
                FInished detailing Med Bay and did various things to improve the map, these changes are based on great feedback, gained from the last weeks playtests. A full list with all the changes can be found below, there's also a few screenshots of Med Bay. and a few of the changes. I hope you keep to enjoy prison and provide the great feedback I'm getting. I will work hard towards completing it!

See you in prison!
                  LATEST CHANGES; 04/06-2014.
                    - Detailed Med Bay.
                      - Optimized occu geo for Quarry and Med Bay. Thanks Flaterectomy, for doing all the hard work! :bz
                        - Added a new vent going from Quarry to Med Bay.
                          -Edited a vent already on the map, the vent going from Checkpoint to Armory is now split into two, with a pipe crossing in the room it previously overlapped.
                            - Relocated RT in Quarry, it swapped places with the big drill.
                              - Removed props from the ground in Surveillance and Quarry.
                                - Raised the ceiling of the "underpass" in Quarry. I also fixed the passage in the rocks, near the ceiling, in there.
                                  - Changed the corridor; Staging Area (Marine Start) -> Armory. The ramp was made wider, made more cuts in to the walls and raised the ceiling near Armory.
                                    - Changed the corridor; Prison Defenses (Alien Start) -> Ventilation. Removed alot of the props on the ground, and I raised the height of the section, coming from ventilation
                                      - Fixed two stuck spots on the ramps in Surveillance, the ramps were extended completely into the wall on both sides.
                                        - Fixed the props that were glitching, either due to misplacement or occu geo errors.
                                          - Added alot of faces near the mid section of the map to comminvisible. They were way to high before and it was hard to drop stuff for your team.
                                            - Somewhat removed the boundaries in the RR, you can now jump into the pit and run around, ladders were added to climb back up. The "zone-wall" now runs directly under Staging Area window. Some players expressed they wanted complete limitless movement, for the time being, the art around it and the potential of disturbing the marine start, that will not be an option. I'm not intending to let you near the window, that's part of the game area.

Screenshots of Med Bay:
                                            9T1q9ia.jpg
                                            3HV0nef.jpg
                                            OUtv7hS.jpg
                                            r6MTITp.jpg
                                            jdhku8W.jpg
                                            RDVIzNp.jpg

Screenshots of Quarry RT / vent & corridor changes:
                                            jkKdMD0.jpg
                                            oDU9x36.jpg
                                            JM3pfay.jpg
                                            oTMO9WE.jpg
                                            Wow, nice job! Looks very great man.
                                            edited June 2014
                                            Had to do a quick hotfix tonight, to fix a few issues, generated from yesterdays big build :)
                                              LATEST CHANGES; 04/06-2014.
                                                - Optimized area location names, they no longer cover entities. They are also more centered.
                                                  - Fixed even more faces / props stuttering.
                                                    - Added some missed occu geo to the occu geo grp.
                                                      - Increased the height of the new vent going from Quarry to Med. Bay, you can now actually use it, even if you're not a slim lerk.
                                                        - Opened up the two small vent entrances in Med. Bay and connected the ends, it's now added to the map.
                                                          - Lowered the reflection, on the glass, that is on the surgery rooms window / door for easier viewability, also replaced the grate in the vent with glass.

New mini map (Area text optimized + small vent in Med. Bay):
                                                          jy3WihX.jpg
                                                          edited June 2014
                                                          Time for a new update ! \o/

Build 0.3 has arrived, it features a fully detailed cantina, along various improvements around the map.
                                                          A updated minimap can be found in the first post of this thread, and you will find the changelog of 0.3 there aswell as below! I hope you keep playing prison and find it enjoyable, I have recieved lots of great feedback and kind words and hope that stream of goodwill continues :)

See you in prison!
                                                            LATEST CHANGES; 26/06-2014.
                                                              - Detailed Cantina.
                                                                - Fixed various faces / props stuttering.
                                                                  - Optimized occu geo around cantina to account for the new detail.
                                                                    - Added red line textures, at various ground points, to represent off limit areas to prisoners.

Added a custom cinematic to cantina aswell, will improve the cinematic itself later on - -
                                                                    small 1,7mb video: http://speedy.sh/kNxcr/NS2-2014-06-26-02-26-43-28.wmv

Area screenshots, Cantina:
                                                                    CzGFYtx.jpg
                                                                    w3fNdop.jpg
                                                                    fVEHuoQ.jpg
                                                                    Mv0cm2B.jpg
                                                                    EuP1joa.jpg
                                                                    17QDDH9.jpg

Team screenshots, Cantina:
                                                                    MgQv51A.jpg
                                                                    - Marine occupation.

hpudpVn.jpg
                                                                    - Alien occupation.
                                                                  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
                                                                    Vert^ wrote: »
                                                                    Time for a new update ! \o/

Build 0.3 has arrived, it features a fully detailed cantina, along various improvements around the map.
                                                                    A updated minimap can be found in the first post of this thread, and you will find the changelog of 0.3 there aswell as below! I hope you keep playing prison and find it enjoyable, I have recieved lots of great feedback and kind words and hope that stream of goodwill continues :)

See you in prison!
                                                                      LATEST CHANGES; 26/06-2014.
                                                                        - Detailed Cantina.
                                                                            - Optimized occu geo around cantina to account for the new detail.
                                                                              - Added red line textures, at various ground points, to represent off limit areas to prisoners.

Added a custom cinematic to cantina aswell, will improve the cinematic itself later on - -
                                                                              small 1,7mb video: http://speedy.sh/kNxcr/NS2-2014-06-26-02-26-43-28.wmv

Area screenshots, Cantina:
                                                                              CzGFYtx.jpg
                                                                              w3fNdop.jpg
                                                                              fVEHuoQ.jpg
                                                                              Mv0cm2B.jpg
                                                                              EuP1joa.jpg
                                                                              17QDDH9.jpg

Racial screenshots, Cantina:
                                                                              MgQv51A.jpg
                                                                              - Marine occupation.

hpudpVn.jpg
                                                                              - Alien occupation.

"Racial" screenshots? :/
                                                                              Been playing to much fantasy lately >:D< was thinking it's two races we chose to play.

Changed it to team screenshots I-)
                                                                              A small update for prison, before tonights SCC test :) This is primarely a cosmetic upgrade to cantina, I wanted to have a new greybox in place for Isolation aswell, but it was rushed and not very good. Will try to have a new build out soon, got some stuff from ATF to fix I didn't make for tonight along with that new box.

Hope you enjoy the new cantina, can't wait to see some action in there!!
                                                                                LATEST CHANGES; 29/06-2014.
                                                                                  - Made new platforms for the tables in Cantina. (Thanks Flat for making the suggestion ^^)
                                                                                    - Fixed various faces / props stuttering (Based on screenshots from ATF, thanks!)
                                                                                      - Further work on the occu geo in cantina.
                                                                                        - Removed and added new props to cantina.

Area screenshots:
                                                                                        KVM6MCy.jpg
                                                                                        IvY73T4.jpg
                                                                                      • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
                                                                                        it seems space-age prisonguards have the chair-ordering-discipline of a well trained class of schoolchildren.
                                                                                        EXCEPT THAT ONE LITTLE SHIT!

:D

looks like a great map!
                                                                                        As usual, looks very nice, I'm so impatient to play it on public servers and, why not? in competitive scene. Anyway, I'm convinced your map will be played in the next NSL Custom Maps Cup. Prison really needs more attention from the whole community because it has a good potential & a huge work had been done here.
                                                                                      • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
                                                                                        Really really liked this map. It's really awesome, nice props, layout. But I found the Tool Booth #1 & 2 really aweful. This big box of a wall in the middle on top of which skulks can climb, it feels weird and unfinished (of course it's unfinished, but I mean like it feels like roughly done, which contrasts with the rest of the map). However, everything else is really good and beautiful.

I strongly agree with Pelargir here. I'm so looking forward to playing this on a public server and also - mostly - in competitive games.

Keep up the excellent work
                                                                                      • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
                                                                                        Some minor issue to report. There seems to be an invisible solid thing between the wall and the pipe in Surveillance, at a certain point.
                                                                                        Here's some screenshots to help you out
                                                                                        tNYlbR4.jpg6i0vPTX.jpg
                                                                                        edited August 2014
                                                                                        New version 0.3.5, new area!

I finished detailing of checkpoint, the entire area, besides its new corridor, that in addition now holds the area vent. Before, the vent entrance, was just a part of the room itself, but I wanted to detail an outdoor piece for the area (window vantage point, IE: alien / marine start). So for easier occulusion (performance), I decided to place a door entity and have a seperate corridor with the vent and that piece. That corridor is still only box and the piece + corridor detail will be added after the 1. sep. I just got a new job and started classes, so the rest of this month is fully booked for irl.

I also finished the new box for Isolation (TP Room) and carved a path through the toll booths, to remove that "just two boxes" feeling, they are still unfinished in their current box form, I'd like to add a door and another means of entrance besides the two windows, It'll do for now.

Latest changes and an updated mini-map can be found in the first post of this thread. Please continue to play the map, and provide great feedback here or @ steam! :) Hope you continue to enjoy your time in prison, I'll see you there! ;)

LATEST CHANGES; 11/08-2014.
                                                                                            - Detailed Checkpoint (except its external vent corridor & outdoor art piece).
                                                                                              - Fixed even more faces / props stuttering. (Thanks ATF, keep those visual reports coming <3)
                                                                                                - Added some missing collision geo to the RR. You should no longer be able to crawl / fly out of the RR, through the alien / marine join "gates", if the teams are full.
                                                                                                  - Finished Isolations new greybox.
                                                                                                    - Increased the height of the new vent going from an upper cell in isolation, to a lower cell. Marines should no longer be missing their head, when they traverse it.
                                                                                                      - Added 42 RR start entities, to support up to 42 players spawning together, this should prevent mass cluster spawning in the RR, where people are stuck in each other, even on a 42 slot.
                                                                                                        - Both Toll Booths now have a path going through 'em.

Isolations new greybox:

- Before
                                                                                                        2vLA0Lq.jpg
                                                                                                        lunY2xe.jpg
                                                                                                        E9QzSDy.jpg

- After
                                                                                                        zvRpHBp.png
                                                                                                        Usug8ei.jpg
                                                                                                        UzUa9Pn.jpg
                                                                                                        v6KokjF.jpg

Checkpoint:
                                                                                                        NBJDSKC.jpg
                                                                                                        Oixz4Fz.png
                                                                                                        BZ5Fvl2.png
                                                                                                        PC1a0z1.png
                                                                                                        ZcfPXPS.png
                                                                                                        fDL8wXF.png
                                                                                                        A4hyiOZ.png
                                                                                                        9zMG200.png

Toll Booth, "path":
                                                                                                        JCwDCeE.jpg
                                                                                                        You should no longer be able to arc a General Population Hive from Showers btw.. Missed the notes B-)
                                                                                                        Just released the art piece for checkpoint :) Changelog can be read here and on the first post, mini-map is also there.
                                                                                                          LATEST CHANGES; 24/08-2014.
                                                                                                            - Detailed Checkpoint's external coridor + art piece. (THANK YOU Howser!! He let me use his truck <3
                                                                                                                - Optimized occu geo around Checkpoint to account for the new detail.
                                                                                                                  - Fixed a hole in the RR, making it possible to leave the map.

Checkpoint coridor + art piece:
                                                                                                                  PFAyIvn.png
                                                                                                                  SCuDRqD.png
                                                                                                                  3XSfgFb.png
                                                                                                                  it4BMWd.png
                                                                                                                  edited September 2014
                                                                                                                  Detailed the small section between armory and checkpoint, enjoy! :)
                                                                                                                    LATEST CHANGES; 05/09-2014.
                                                                                                                      - Detailed a small section

Screenshots:
                                                                                                                      Ehmvxdb.jpg
                                                                                                                      xx5QLCQ.png
                                                                                                                      g3cUBUP.png
                                                                                                                      edited March 2015
                                                                                                                      Hello all!

It's been what feels like ages, since I last had time to update this thread or work on my project. Since August, I've been going through one of the most stressing periods, I've ever lived through. I started a new job and new studies, and just as I was getting into the routine, I had a big fight with my mom and sister.. I won't share to much about what happened, but my mom had me evicted from my flat, since she knew my landlord, and thought it was a clever way to win the argument...

Lost the new job because of my living situation, and since I lost that, I've been trying to take care of my studies. My classes just ended and I've found a new place to be, which is why I can now finally resume my work on ns2_prison.

I've gotten in a few hours the last two days, and I've nearly completed one connection to Isolation. My plan is so have isolation done before new year, and then have a period where I work hard to get as far as possible before febuary.

I don't know how many of the guys, that I know, that are still around here, but I hope you know that I've been missing this community like hell, and I really really would like to finish up prison for all of you out there!
                                                                                                                      8axRBIN.jpgQtnCdib.png

See you in jail son!

Best christmas wishes, Vert^ !!
                                                                                                                    • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
                                                                                                                      Welcome back! Nice to hear that Prison is still being worked on.
                                                                                                                    • ATFATF Join Date: 2014-05-09 Member: 195944Members
                                                                                                                      :-O

Glad to hear you've come through, we've been missing you, too!
                                                                                                                      Some build broke ladders, might wanna check into that :P
                                                                                                                    • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
                                                                                                                      Never surrender.

On a side note : Don't rush it... this build 272 has, somehow, a Steam Workshop issue or maybe Steam has a NS2 issue... dunno... we'll see.
                                                                                                                      That's a very cool looking door :o add me on steam!
                                                                                                                      I thought this map was more or less not active anymore. I'm just happy that you're still working on it. One of the best maps I've ever seen, good job man! :D
                                                                                                                      I'm looking forward to test your map once again.