Hall of Fame

DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
edited November 2014 in Squad Five
This will be an ongoing, updated list of users who are given Squad 5 (since the revival) and the reasons why.

@Person8880 - For fixing the "Unknown" in server browser issue
@Sebb - For his work with Ausns2.org & twitch.tv/ausns2
@ghoulofgsg9 - For his contributions with NS2 Stats
@sint - For his contributions with NS2 Stats
@zefram - Gold - For his work with the NS2WC & the NSL
@xdragon - Gold - For his contributions and continued work with the NSL competitive mod, DAK mod, NS2WC mod, & NS2 Classic mod
@samusdroid - Gold - For his many many unpaid hours he's put into the last few builds of NS2
@Mendasp - Gold - For the crazy amount of work he's put into maintaining maps, NSL maps, NS2+ mod, and his gardening skills
@WasabiOne - Gold - For the many hours he's poured in to both playtesting and the NS2WC
@RedDog - For casting and getting so many new people interested and involved with NS2 and his work with the NS2WC
@GISP - For the newbie NS2 tournament he put together and for pulling double duty and coming to both EU and NA playtests
@ItsSuperEffective! - For all of this awesome newbie tutorials and various community contributions
@Sewlek - Gold - For the contributions to NS2 & his Factions mod
@fsfod - For his work on LuaJIT
@soul_rider - For his mod, Gorgecraft
@evil_ice - For the awesome custom models for NS1 fade, knife, and LMG
@Pelargir - For his work with the NSL, NSL Maptesting, and contributions to NS2-FR
@xtcmen - For his work on Jambi - both helping to create and then continuing to support and update the map

Comments

• cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    What about @SamusDroid? I think it goes without saying why he deserves this right?
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited May 2014
    @coolitic
    WasabiOne wrote: »
    Who is in this Community Development Team?

WasabiOne - NS2 Development Leadership - ns2wasabione

Obraxis - NS2 Development Leadership - obraxis

SamusDroid - Bugs and Gameplay Programming - samus_droid

I think if you're on the team, you can has squad 5.
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    Yeah, I didn't want to spam the list with team members... be like WE HAVE THE POWER, LET'S HIGH FIVE OURSELVES. I'd rather high five you guys :D
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2014
    Decoy wrote: »
    Yeah, I didn't want to spam the list with team members... be like WE HAVE THE POWER, LET'S HIGH FIVE OURSELVES. I'd rather high five you guys :D

Who cares? As long as noone gets around screaming admin abuse i see no problem in high fiving yourself :D About @SamusDroid‌: He allready has the uwe dev badge that's kind of a squad 5 platin badge ;)
  • WobWob Join Date: 2005-04-08 Member: 47814Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Congrats @Sint‌ !!

ns2stats has been an amazing mod which has been around for so long it deserves a hell of a lot of credit.
    It might be a tad inaccurate in some figures and it may also have some buggy features but it gives a lot of information and has added to my knowledge and enjoyment of the game.
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2014
    I removed my own post by request.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    I stickied this thread because it will be an ongoing list.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Hmm, what could i do to earn gold..
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    edited June 2014
    I wrote this in another thread --

I'm wholly bias for the competitive community but here's my list of people who deserve some kind of squad 5. I don't know if some of them have already received a recognition or not.

Blind - For his participation in the NSL, admining & casting. Major contributions to producing the NS2WC stream.

jiriki - For devoting personal resources in maintaining the NSL.

swalk - Started Season 1 of the NSL and was league admin for a few seasons after.

Seb & the Australian co - I'm not really sure the entire leadership of the AusNS2 League, but those guys deserve some recognition for maintaining their community and generally great casting of their own matches. Can't wait for Season 3!

Powers that be.. sort their badge colours.
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    edited September 2014
    Nominations

@Narfwak for being a bomb ass PT Lead
    @Kaneh for paying for and maintaining like 5 servers for the NA scene that are used for PUGs and scrims and now also setting up and maintaining the PUG mumble!
    @Golden for the ridiculous amount of hours he's put into coaching new teams, growing the comp scene, assisting in the moderation of the PUG mumble, and being the most helpful merc ever
    @yaluzan for dumping a ton of hours into refereeing matches for the NSL
    @Flaterectomy for ns2_caged and for being a great PT
    @Loki for creating and now maintaining ns2_kodiak (despite not being on UWE payroll like previous mappers) and for being a great PT
    @sp3cia1 for being an awesome PT that rarely misses :D
    @miragezors for running Captain's nights every single Friday for the last year!

Zefram had nominated the AusNS2 gang - I double checked with them to get the list of admins
    @Zimoi @taz- & @Bonage are the three left from AusNS2 who haven't been given squad 5 for their awesomeness. They actively maintain the website (which includes news posts, forums, and all the league info) & the AusNS2 League (which had 10 teams last season). They have a great thing going on!

More Aussie love:
    @Bladeyblade maintains AusNS2 servers.
    @Jekt @Philogl & @Meshu ran the AusNS2 league over at CyberGamer.com.au before AusNS2 started up and helped transition a lot of the teams, rules and servers across to AusNS2 for the first season.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2014
    The next round of Squad 5 recipients have been chosen!

Thank you to Decoy , Asraniel, and Zefram for their recommendations.
    If you know any of these 10 users that do not frequent these forums or check their private messages, feel free to contact them in other means to let them know.

To the recipients: You are what keeps this community thriving, by fostering an environment others wish to partake in, solely thanks to your amazing initiative, dedication and commitment.
    Thank you!! :D
    • @blind‌- For his participation in the NSL, to including administration & casting as well as major contributions to producing the NS2WC stream.
    • @Narfwak‌ - For being a thoroughly dedicated PT Lead who puts an unbelievable amount of hours in and keeps the gears moving
    • @Loki‌ - For creating and now maintaining ns2_kodiak
    • @Yaluzan‌ - For tirelessly refereeing many hours of matches for the NSL
    • @Cannon_FodderAUS‌ - For creating an awesome and detailed manual of ns2!
    • @DC_Darkling‌ - For providing years worth of attentive and helpful technical support to all members as well as making commander guides in our Wiki and helping out in the mentorship program
    • @Taz-‌ & @bonage‌ - For actively maintaining the AusNS2 website (which includes news posts, forums, and all the league info) & the AusNS2 League (which had 10 teams last season).
    • And to @Jekt‌ and @philogl‌ for getting the AusNS2 scene started

If you know of a user who has not yet received recognition for their voluntary contributions to this game and/or its community, please nominate them here for the next patch!
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    edited October 2014
    Maybe the original message I posted was not in the good place.

Nominate @Explosifbe for his work as EU PT Lead or even as a regular PT for a lot of time, + as CDT member now. And all his contributions with NS2-Fr.com as Admin since its foundation. He's one of the guys who are participating to keep NS2-Fr alive. I want to add all the work he did with the official french translation & everything else he did.

Nominate MGS-3 for almost the same reasons. He maintains the NS2-Fr.com website & added some features with his free time. He's also one of the oldest UWE playtesters and since the start, provides servers for all the NS2 institutions, he manages public servers (modded or not), NSL Match server + Maptesting server and I do not forget both PT servers. He deserves Squad 5 for everything he did (time & money). He's also one of the founders of NS2-Fr.com. For all the money he put in NS2 (Reinforced, and community with all these servers).

I'd like to nominate every involved guys who are currently working on the various translations for NS2, but I don't know all of them. I hope they'll be rewarded for their work as well. :)

Same as @GhoulofGSG9 that deserves Gold for everything he did and keep doing with Shine, CDT, PT, Tech Support & German translation.

EDIT: I forgot Ghoul has not the same nickname here, so my bad, it's fixed now.
  • Taz-Taz- Australia Join Date: 2003-11-26 Member: 23597Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2014
    IronHorse wrote: »

• @Taz-‌ & @bonage‌ - For actively maintaining the AusNS2 website (which includes news posts, forums, and all the league info) & the AusNS2 League (which had 10 teams last season).
    • And to @Jekt‌ and @philogl‌ for getting the AusNS2 scene started

Thanks for the S5 guys! Hoping to continue advancing AusNS2 onwards and upwards.

A couple of corrections (hopefully this is possible between giveaways):

@Zimoi is a core part of the AusNS2 team also - in fact he was the first and briefly only member, as he founded the site. He should be in this list too, not sure how he got skipped.
    @Jekt and @philogl didn't actually have anything to do with AusNS2, but did run the first Australian league, for which they should be commended. AusNS2 was running at the same time and was where the community was situated - their league was run at cybergamer.

Just wanted to clear that up - hopefully Zimoi can get the recognition he deserves now also rather than waiting for the next round.
    edited August 2014
    @taz- I just checked with Obraxis and I fixed it, @Zimoi was just given Squad 5 for his work on AusNS2 :)
    To everyone: No more nominating in groups - I will just ignore the entire group nominated if this is done.
    This means if X people worked on a project, nominate 1 of them at a time.
    We are doing frequent enough rounds (trying to do a round every patch!!) that this shouldn't be much of a difference in wait times...

But as we are not giving out mass amounts of Squad 5 each round, I have to select a few... and so when you suggest a group I either am stuck giving it to the entire group regardless of size, (otherwise it comes off as an intentional issue with the user left out) or forgoing someone else who is outside that group who may have deserved it sooner / more.
    There are users already nominated previously in this thread that didn't make it because of these group selections - and I will try to get them in this next round.
    Thanks for your understanding :)

PLEASE KEEP THE NOMINATIONS COMING!! It's the only way contributing users will get noticed
  • skwadskwad nimes Join Date: 2014-08-06 Member: 197837Members
    Pelargir = Barack Obama of NS2
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2014
    No squad five gold for me?

I started off in the early beta, opening up for gathers on ENSL and maintaining them for over a year. After that I ran the league for about a year, all while running my team duplex for over 2 years.

Not sure if people have to nominate me or whatever, but I feel a little misrewarded with the squad five blue. I'm pretty sure I still arranged most competitions for the community so far. Plus, it was my vision to merge all the leagues into one global league like we have now. I had the idea before season 1, with the name change and everything. But it took some time to realize it, due to ENSL being mostly an european community at the time. I thought it fit well with UWE's motto: "Unite the world through play" and to me it seems to be working. The bridge between the continents have been made!

On another note, I think Pelargir deserves silver. He have been around for a long time as a referee and do other contributions to the competetive community as well. He plays an important role in the current NSL staff.
  • jackson7jackson7 France Join Date: 2013-10-05 Member: 188594Members
    edited August 2014
    Oh, Swalk ! Give the man a cookie, for his feelings hurt, and give a rank-up, for he deserves it. Bless you my child.
  • Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    edited August 2014
    i can confirm that swalk was already very present and helpful during gathers several years ago. can't give an exact date but almost certainly during beta.

anyway, i'd like to nominate myself (can't hurt to try :D ):
    -been rather active and constructive on the forum for several years

-wrote a steamguide to list hidden mechanics and give tips/comments to each (steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=277017674)

-wrote a beginner's guide for the wiki which was linked on the front page for quite a long time (it is outdated now, but it reached from december 2011 to july 2013): http://wiki.unknownworlds.com/ns2/Guide (you can check the history tab for dates)
    it might not seem very useful today, but back in the day there were no tutorial videos or steam guides or whatever.

-provided source-code based, balance-related charts and lists using a script i wrote: forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/117569/charts-values-involving-balance-related-variables/p1 , laoshra.batcave.net/b238.html
    in more detail:
    i supported this from april 2012 to february/march 2013 (can be seen as post and edit dates).
    this helped people to better understand the game and conveniently look up any kind of variables that could be important e.g. for commanding.
    since my script was so simple to run, i was quickly able to compare any new patch with a previous one (using a tool to compare the output). as a result, i knew about most balance changes even before the official changelog was posted. in the end i was able to fill in several gaps/details in the official changelogs right after it was posted and there were even cases when i provided an inofficial changelog when the community had to wait for many days for the original one (that happened when hough was too busy with major events).
    in this thread, i also provided a list of how-many-attacks-of-x-do-you-need-to-kill-y which included structures and considered damage types and anomalies. sadly, with the change of the forums (hence only 1 'awesome', that stuff didn't exist back then) i couldn't paste this huge chart in the forum anymore due to technical limits, it was then outsourced (see 2nd link).
    another reason was the introduction of biomass which introduces another variance in alien health besides carapace (making the chart even bigger).
    the final reason i stopped support was my plan to program the entire thing properly again (this time in java), uploading it to the ns2hub fanpage (started working on this with the owner, arga, but the page is sadly offline now).
    however, people informed me that they used these infos to update the wiki and there is now a similar guide on steam steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121084402 (NOT made by me, but possibly influenced by; at very least it shows that people consider this information quite useful)

sorry for the wall of text :)

edit: 2 edits marked in italic
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    swalk wrote: »

Classy.
    Not sure if people have to nominate me or whatever, but I feel a little misrewarded with the squad five blue. I'm pretty sure I still arranged most competitions for the community so far. Plus, it was my vision to merge all the leagues into one global league like we have now. I had the idea before season 1, with the name change and everything. But it took some time to realize it, due to ENSL being mostly an european community at the time.

I don't remember it going down like this swalk...

If you are going to try and bulls**t to get a gold internet badge at least tell the truth.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow

I started off in the early beta, opening up for gathers on ENSL and maintaining them for over a year. After that I ran the league for about a year, all while running my team duplex for over 2 years.

Not sure if people have to nominate me or whatever, but I feel a little misrewarded with the squad five blue. I'm pretty sure I still arranged most competitions for the community so far. Plus, it was my vision to merge all the leagues into one global league like we have now. I had the idea before season 1, with the name change and everything. But it took some time to realize it, due to ENSL being mostly an european community at the time. I thought it fit well with UWE's motto: "Unite the world through play" and to me it seems to be working. The bridge between the continents have been made!

On another note, I think Pelargir deserves silver. He have been around for a long time as a referee and do other contributions to the competetive community as well. He plays an important role in the current NSL staff.

Usually you don't nominate yourself for rewards or complain about the ones that you get.

Just saying.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2014
    sebb wrote: »

Classy.
    Not sure if people have to nominate me or whatever, but I feel a little misrewarded with the squad five blue. I'm pretty sure I still arranged most competitions for the community so far. Plus, it was my vision to merge all the leagues into one global league like we have now. I had the idea before season 1, with the name change and everything. But it took some time to realize it, due to ENSL being mostly an european community at the time.

I don't remember it going down like this swalk...

If you are going to try and bulls**t to get a gold internet badge at least tell the truth.
    Yeah, my opening line was a bit of trolling. If you actually knew me you would know that immediately.

Remember? Clearly you don't know anything if you're saying I'm lying in that post. Ask blind, he knows I had that idea since the first season and I was pushing hard for it. I was the one who made ENSL into NSL and brought the continents closer. Sure, the first two seasons were regional split but the league were always open to everyone. That was my focus. It ended up with everyone being put together in one single league in season 3, also something I did.

The work I've done isn't worth a gold badge? I'd argue that some of the other gold holders have done less for the community than myself. Not that I really care about that, just thought I'd try and post to see if I could get one for my work as well.

Really wierd to see Decoy take your side on that. But whatever.
    Locklear wrote: »
    Usually you don't nominate yourself for rewards or complain about the ones that you get.

Just saying.
    Well it says in the original topic that it's okay to nominate yourself, so I don't see the problem here. I didn't complain about my reward either. I feel a little misrewarded when looking at the other awards that are given since the revival, that's all.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    @IronHorse‌ does no nominating in groups mean double posts are allowed here? I feel like the mapping community needs some more nominations, an im sure i will come up with more than one individual :)
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Sooo.... whose name do i have to drop here to get an answer?

@Decoy‌ ?

Please tell me that this fine example of irony is strictly prohibited.
    Was about to poke Decoy about this but she apparently removed me from her friendslist. Tz. :D

I'm going to nominate some people in the following days, anyway. This serves as a last bump. Feel free to clean these posts up if you are a moderator. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    edited August 2014
    Was about to poke Decoy about this but she apparently removed me from her friendslist. Tz. :D

I'm going to nominate some people in the following days, anyway. This serves as a last bump. Feel free to clean these posts up if you are a moderator. Sorry for the inconvenience.

This place is forsaken, go away! :D But I agree a bunch of mappers truly deserves Squad 5 for all their work. :)
    edited August 2014
    @f0rdprefect I'd list everyone individually, but you can have a list. Instead of saying like "SCC testing group", list each person on their own line with the reasons why. Iron is the one who runs this whole shebang + I've been on vacation.
This discussion has been closed.