NSL Opens Sign Ups for August Draft Tournaments, Nations Cup, & Season 5!

ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
edited August 2014 in Competitive Play
Click the link for more details and sign up info. ensl.org/articles/883

Draft Tournaments - August 23rd & 30th
Last month, in the first ever NSL draft tournaments, over 100 players were divided into 13 never before seen teams. Players ranging from Premier division skilled to pubbers who had NEVER played a 6 v 6 match competed side by side to see which rag tag upstart team would come out on top. In the North American / Australian Draft, Team Carnage prevailed, while Team Ownzor won the EU Draft.

August brings around another chance to form new teams and play this mixed format again. It's encouraged that you invite friends and new players who might be slightly interested in playing 6 v 6 competitive matches. It's a small time investment and not too much pressure to perform well.

If you're really a fan of this fun filled format, you may be able to play in both tournaments on different teams and be able to play an inordinate amount of matches those two weekends.

Nations Cup - September 6th & 13th
The highly anticipated annual Nations Cup will be held on Saturday, September 6th & 13th. Teams from every nation will battle it out to see which country will be named, "Best in NS2". The number of players from a normal team will not be limited on a national team. More than 1 national team may form. If a country has more than 1 team signed up, those teams will have to play a best of 5 match to determine which team represents that country in the group stage of the cup. These pre-qualifier matches must be completed before the start of the September 6th round robin stage. Round Robin / Playoff format follows.

Season 5 - Week 1 Starts September 27th
Although Season 4 ended less than two months ago, it seems like ages since we've had official matches or any activity. Have no fear, Season 5 starts soon! Sign up early and have your team seeded into divisions. A seeding/divisional list will be posted in a few weeks when we have more teams signed up. Let's make next season the best season.

Season 5 will be very interesting. With the work the Community Development Team has put towards performance and other server options and the continued effort of the Competitive Mod, it's almost a guarantee that we'll have an amazing experience.

Comments

• PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    @Maxamus, what are you waiting for to sign up?!
  • VindalooVindaloo Join Date: 2012-12-04 Member: 174127Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Any CZECHs around to make a team for Nations Cup?
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Vindaloo wrote: »
    Any CZECHs around to make a team for Nations Cup?

You're not alone?
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Pelargir wrote: »

@Pelargir Waiting for my baby to grow up and look after herself so i can play NS2 all night again :D
    MaxAmus wrote: »

@Pelargir Waiting for my baby to grow up and look after herself so i can play NS2 all night again :D

Good point! :D
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Awww sheeeiiit les get Season 5 rollin'
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    MaxAmus wrote: »

Good point! :D

Bah nonsense. You can play NS2 competitively and be a parent. It's even easier when they're small (provided they're settled for most of the evening of course).

I am going to get this in here right now before what happened last season happens again: gB will be playing season 5, and we have plenty of active players. :)
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Woooooooooooooooooh Hold on a sec @Roobubba i heard, from a friend of a friend, of a friends cats, dogs, uncle's, sister that gB was disbanding?! :P

On a more serious note, its hard to play at nights when you have a screaming baby refusing to goto sleep :P even tho she cant keep her eyes open.