Combat Mode Relaunch

Comments

• cpt000cpt000 Join Date: 2013-08-28 Member: 187152Members
    In the last few days, combat mod has been very unstable. Crashes very frequently - about 3 times a day at least. I would gladly copy a server log but I have no idea where to find it.
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    @cpt000‌ Does it happen on map change? If so it's most likely the old Workshop problem that's causing it. I have shut down my combat server (and mvm, faded and comp mod) for the moment because of all the crashes.
  • cpt000cpt000 Join Date: 2013-08-28 Member: 187152Members
    Yes, always on map change. I reverted my consistency config file to a default setup but it still crashes. IBIS is experiencing a lot of crashes too.
  • MCMLXXXIVMCMLXXXIV Join Date: 2010-04-14 Member: 71400Members
    We recently received some patches from various people, I'll attempt to update the workshop mod sometime this week with fixes for b267 compatibility.
  • DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    Question: co_portals teleport works in combat mod, but not in normal mode. Is there some sort of conflict with the teleport entities? What can I do?

I only ask because LR was trying to use it the other day.
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Portals need my extra entities mod (which is included in combat)
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    JimWest wrote: »
    Portals need my extra entities mod (which is included in combat)

A portal entity was also added to vanilla with eclipse ;) I think mappers should try to use that one if they don't use anything else from EEM.

• JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Yeah that was a really cool action to name it exactly like my one ...
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I think 267 broke Combat: the mod.
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    Yep you get a black screen after you join and in the server list you remain listed as unknown
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    ZEROibis wrote: »
    Yep you get a black screen after you join and in the server list you remain listed as unknown

I made this discovery on your server, Ibis. I couldn't figure out why there were 20 people in the server with that going on! Were the same 20 people just trying, hoping against hope that maybe JUST MAYBE, THIS TIME it would work????
    Well it gives you a black screen so they figured it was still loading I guess.

The longest connection time I have seen was over 50min. So someone was sitting there with a black screen for 50min praying that combat mod would eventually load. I suppose that shows just how popular combat mod is.
    Any eta on a fix? I see 5 right now still trying to join lol oh make that 6 oh make that 7, dear god. The longest one right now has been connecting for >33min.

I would turn off the server but I was hopping that by leaving it on it would get the update faster by map changing rather than me checking this thread for updates every few hours.
  • BraxBrax Atlanta Join Date: 2014-03-17 Member: 194791Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Really hoping for an update here too... My combat server was my most popular server - uses a decent bit less resources so tickrate drop is less of an issue. Not to mention it was also my favorite game mode - so much faster paced and exciting.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Brax wrote: »
    Really hoping for an update here too... My combat server was my most popular server - uses a decent bit less resources so tickrate drop is less of an issue. Not to mention it was also my favorite game mode - so much faster paced and exciting.

There is allready a update rdy just needs to be uploaded ;) If you are not that patient go on host your own workshop mod combat branch for now.
    Brax wrote: »

There is allready a update rdy just needs to be uploaded ;) If you are not that patient go on host your own workshop mod combat branch for now.

How would we do that?
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    The combat code is on GitHub. If you downloaded it, then published it yourself, you could get the new version. I'm sure there wouldn't be a problem if someone took over updating the mod on steam, although I would recommend checking with the combat guys before you do..
    edited August 2014
    But even if I did that does not the code need to be updated, github says the last version is 2 months ago.

Also could not a script be made to automate the dumping process to the workshop?
  • DefaultErrorDefaultError Minnesota Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188917Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Do we have a ETA when it would be uploaded?
  • BraxBrax Atlanta Join Date: 2014-03-17 Member: 194791Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It looks like the combatmod may have updated today, but is still broken, because while last night i just got nothing, after a restart today I'm getting a TON of lua errors just running non stop... Really hope we can get back into action soon.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    edited August 2014
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    @GhoulofGSG9‌
    Ghoul worked on Combat mod last night. Not sure if it's ready for release to the public though. Ghoul?
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    SupaFred wrote: »
    @GhoulofGSG9‌
    Ghoul worked on Combat mod last night. Not sure if it's ready for release to the public though. Ghoul?

Take a look on my link. :p
    So far it looked good. But we didn't played enought rounds ( 10 ) to say it is working 100%. But so far no issues so try it out if you find anything pm me the log.
  • DefaultErrorDefaultError Minnesota Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188917Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I put it on my server and it seems to be working well although I only play one round, hopefully I can get a change today to test it out.

Thanks Ghoul!!!
    I used it most of last night on my combat server and it worked fine.
    All I get when I join is the same black screen as before. NS2CO is still not fixed and in the same condition it was after 267 released.
    is there a different mod we need for CO b;c 100% it gives us a black screen.
    Also CO constantly spams the cmd prompt with attempting to index a nill value.
    Ah I misread and thought the actual one was updated not that a new mod was put up.