Patch 267 today?

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Take video of video. Problem solved.
  • Deck_Deck_ Join Date: 2014-07-20 Member: 197526Members
    edited August 2014
    Decoy wrote: »
    Deck_ wrote: »
    Yes, and maybe you have already thought of this...but what about a "look-in" on the play testing. You only show some small clips edited together. Make it like a teaser trailer/easter egg video where we get glimpses of some cool stuff you have been working on. I don't need to hear you guys talking about non ns2 stuff, but it would be cool to get a teaser with some live audio from the play test during a reaction or just normal gameplay audio on the mics every once in awhile. You could release the gameplay video/teaser every week or two. Might drive up even more interest for patches, not give away any live discussions about stuff you don't want public, and you only show us what you want us to see.

That would be a lot of time and effort into recording, finding clips, and editing it together. It's not really something I'm interested in. If anything I'll just straight up stream. Maybe on Monday after Wasabi's changelog teaser this Sunday.

Good luck with your printscreen efforts btw. The changelog is 9 pages long in a google document. It's a beast. Granted a lot of these changes are very small things, it's still nice to look at :)

Yeah I didn't mean you necessarily. I meant if someone on the CDT wanted to do it every once in awhile it might create a buzz to a patch and keep the community right there with the CDT. At the same time, the posts ahead of this upcoming patch have been teasers as well and also has created an excitement. The ClogCasts also keep us informed and are great. I was just suggesting this as an additional option that would be something ns2 players could watch and share links of before a patch. Also, would not expect them to be very long at all, teasers should be short.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Sounds like you're all more worried about the cdt than the game
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    edited August 2014
    Wut

Edit - the cdters r making the patch to improve the game?
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    In my personal opinion, a Question&Answer thread would probably be more effective at conveying information than the weekly Clogcast.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    In my personal opinion, a Question&Answer thread would probably be more effective at conveying information than the weekly Clogcast.

You are free to open one. With the cdt containting quite a few members, many that are not coders and thus busy working on the patch, you are likely to get an answer.

• NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Me and Wasabi have been talking....if you're interested in seeing the 267 change-log early, I'd tune into Sunday's ClogCast.

Notice I said 'seeing' ;)

*finger hovers over PrintScreen all cast*

You will probably break the print screen key because it's very long

And, just as an example, this is exactly the kind of sentence that would have provoked about five minutes of inappropriate banter in a PT that might be awkward if we were streaming on Twitch. :D
  • MartigenMartigen Australia Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2714Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Reinforced - Onos
    Narfwak wrote: »
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Me and Wasabi have been talking....if you're interested in seeing the 267 change-log early, I'd tune into Sunday's ClogCast.

Notice I said 'seeing' ;)

*finger hovers over PrintScreen all cast*

You will probably break the print screen key because it's very long

And, just as an example, this is exactly the kind of sentence that would have provoked about five minutes of inappropriate banter in a PT that might be awkward if we were streaming on Twitch. :D
    Size jokes never get old.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2014
    If you're releasing next week, its not Monday because:
    Maybe on Monday after Wasabi's changelog teaser this Sunday.

It's not Friday or Thursday, because you don't wan't to release before the weekend. After the last final PT on Monday you contact
    UWE on Tuesday for the "Go" and UWE is probably waiting another day or something.
    So that leaves Wednesday.

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    _INTER_ wrote: »
    If you're releasing next week, its not Monday because:
    Maybe on Monday after Wasabi's changelog teaser this Sunday.

It's not Friday or Thursday, because you don't wan't to release before the weekend. After the last final PT on Monday you contact
    UWE on Tuesday for the "Go" and UWE is probably waiting another day or something.
    So that leaves Wednesday.

Which seems way too soon, so we won't get that patch until next week.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thursday guys. Thursday.
  • HoliHoli Sweden Join Date: 2014-01-28 Member: 193600Members
    LOL Kouji_San you actually made me laugh with that one :D
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    *YOURMUM!*

Sigh, mine too, still, going to have to play.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Holi wrote: »
    LOL Kouji_San you actually made me laugh with that one :D

File a bug report please, but I do believe this is working as intended :P
  • TurbineTurbine Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159160Members
    edited August 2014
    It's like a cross between Subnautica and the Titanic meet an ice berg from Thomas the tank engine.

By the way, it's been the 5th for 10 hours so far. I hope the update actually ends up coming out today. :'(
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    UWE is in PST timezone, and its only about 3pm on the 4th here, so I'd say theres gonna be about another 24hrs if its going to be released tomorrow (today? STUPID TIMEZONES!!)
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    edited August 2014
    It was revealed in the livestream on Sunday that, barring any major bugs/set backs, the patch would be released on Tuesday, August 5th at 12PM PDT / 3PM EDT / 21 CEST.

18 more hours.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited August 2014
    We're streaming our final RC testing! Come watch a preview of the patch!

EDIT: All finished now, thanks for tuning in!
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited August 2014

I'm now watching this with a vague caution - trying to figure out if I'm actually barely noticing the smoother framerate or if I'm imagining it :p

• CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Mouse wrote: »

I'm now watching this with a vague caution - trying to figure out if I'm actually barely noticing the smoother framerate or if I'm imagining it :p
    Little did we know that all of the hype was an experiment by the CDT in placebos with relation to video game development...
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    If only twitch was good enough for that!

I make it 10.5h to go!
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?

2441702-0720251747-origi.gif
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    ezekel wrote: »
    GOT NS2 REINSTALLED ON MY NEW PC, MY BODY IS READY, MY KEYBOARD IS READY, MY MONITOR IS READY, MY DOG IS READY, EVERY PART OF ME IS READY

Somekind of weird magic is going on here or you've assimilated all that stuff... INCLUDING YOUR DOG :-?
  • PoNeHPoNeH Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58801Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    Oh God... I can see my wife not being so happy with me today. <:(