Patch 267 today?

DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
I see from the tracker that the CDT team are done with the Changelog, Video and Blogpost for 267. Does that mean the patch could be out today?

Comments

• CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    it could then again it could not. it will come when its ready to come, like ..

i am not gonna say it...

am.. not...

am.... ..

YOURMUM!
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    they anounced a clogcast for sunday in which they talk about 267 release. I guess it won't happen this week
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sometime next week maybe.
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mephilles wrote: »
    they anounced a clogcast for sunday in which they talk about 267 release. I guess it won't happen this week

This.

Clogcast on Sunday will discuss the patch and probably how they are making it 'perfect.'
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    In the mean time, I for one would love to be teased with the full changelog :)

I know this isn't practical, though - for a start I think there are some exploit fixes in there, so it's probably not wise to tell people the details of those until the patch is actually out!
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    It will be thursday afternoon or friday morning next week, right @Obraxis?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2014
    When is the clogcast?

Edit: I look at my feet in shame...
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    they're using PST and CEST. So I have no clue and give up trying to decipher that time zone.

GMT you bastards!
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    20:00 In the UK. 21:00 Central European time
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    How about you playtest patches on that twitch and I subscribe
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    @mattji104 we've considered streaming some playtesting. We have a couple PTs that are capable of it, myself included. I've just been too lazy. If there's interest, I could probably stream on Monday evening. We've got a double PT that day
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    I mean, I just think it'd be good for the game to be on twitch being fairly obvious about what the cdt is doing. UWE alone has always been so hidden about patches and what they're doing. And it definitely wasn't successful (probably because the performance more than anything).

It's important that you catch some people on twitch who might have tried the game and don't care about new maps or features when they couldn't play what they paid for in the first place.

Personally I played 1400 hours of the game straight then got hit with a "patch" around 260 that made me quit cause the hitching, so i'm really excited that this might let me play again prior to getting all the parts of my new tower i can finally afford 1 year later

Sorry about the tone, it sounds pretty ungrateful, but i dont mean to be, maybe im just writing too many professional emails these days.

Point being, community is possibly bringing the game back around, be a part of the community actively and take feedback through twitch. Dont segregate like uwe alone did and take advice from 6 players. Just "clogcast" at random, not just at one set time on sunday that i specifically cant be around for and get a program to post the video to every social media #tbt @famousguythatstreamsgeneralvideogamestuff

Don't prepare specifically for monday, just stream all the playtests, people gone hate whether they know what youre doing before or after the patch drops, but if you tell them before then hate doesnt explode with the patch and you dont get 90% of current players saying i hate this map its not balanced, thats not fun, its dissapointing, surprise ruined.

Then i give cdt $5/mo gg <3
    That's one attitude I believe will diminish your efforts.

What's the point of increasing performance for the remnant of community left without trying in earnest to be something special enough to bring others back to the game.

Example: I tried Unturned for 45 minutes last night. The game's clear about being a work-in-progress. I will never play it again, full-release or not. Maybe if there was some cool incentive via twitch that was essential to a bigger picture than the game itself I might be more inclined back to the game.

It also beats tutorials
  • ArthurDentArthurDent Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188904Members
    mattji104 wrote: »
    What's the point of increasing performance for the remnant of community left without trying in earnest to be something special enough to bring others back to the game.

Well, the fact is, unless you have a freaking beast of a gamming rig, NS2 is unplayable. Making it playable for more people means more people can play. Hopefully people who bought the game but couldn't play it because of the riduculus CPU requirements or who were annoyed with the multitude of bugs will give it a try again. I've stopped playing because of various bugs with the game.

Because of the CDT's bug fixing efforts and performance improvments I'll probably try the game again sometime. (Please fix the v-sync bug/s, please :-)
  • MartigenMartigen Australia Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2714Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Reinforced - Onos
    @Obraxis, the changelog is complete, can you share this ahead of time? :) *crumbs for the wolves*

Incidentally, I've been selling some old NS1 players who gave up on NS2 to try it again next week when the patch is out, using what is available in Trello to showcase all the awesome changes.

But naturally a juicier changelog would be nice :)

• DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    edited August 2014
    @mattji104 I think Ironhorse and I just both have small issues because we have potty mouths and we like to talk about really ridiculous stuff during playtest. While playtest is professional to a degree, I spend a lot of time with these folks and very much think of them as friends. I share and laugh about things with them that I would not want a recording of shared through the community :P

The other issue is bug testing - when we find a new bug or we're testing an exploitable bug, we don't want it streamed. Often times, it'll be weeks before these bugs get fixed.

I think with the right precautions, we can make it work. I'll see about streaming on Monday!

@Martigen I think that Obby was trying to convince Wasabi to share the changelog early. Watch the Clogcast on Sunday, maybe he'll share ;)
  • GrimfangGrimfang Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13086Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    While I'm all for being open and showing people what playtesters do, then from being a part of it myself, I remember that there was a lot of time spent just waiting around not really doing anything interesting. Maybe waiting for more to show up, for the build to be ready and deployed. And for the lead tester doing his bookkeeping, and telling us what we needed to test, and how he would like it done. Being a part of playtesting is fun enough and rewarding, but I don't really think it's that fun to watch.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Too much smack talk for us to handle.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    If it's anything like the combat PTs it's nothing I'd want to make public :D
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited August 2014
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Maybe if it was just the visual portion of PT
    (which wouldn't be very interesting)

I say waaayyyy too many inappropriate things to have audio publicly steamed from our PTs..
    :D
    Lol its not just you. I'm guilty of it as well as others. It's all good. Lol
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2014
    Me and Wasabi have been talking....if you're interested in seeing the 267 change-log early, I'd tune into Sunday's ClogCast.

Notice I said 'seeing' ;)
  • Deck_Deck_ Join Date: 2014-07-20 Member: 197526Members
    edited August 2014
    Decoy wrote: »
    @mattji104 I think Ironhorse and I just both have small issues because we have potty mouths and we like to talk about really ridiculous stuff during playtest. While playtest is professional to a degree, I spend a lot of time with these folks and very much think of them as friends. I share and laugh about things with them that I would not want a recording of shared through the community :P

The other issue is bug testing - when we find a new bug or we're testing an exploitable bug, we don't want it streamed. Often times, it'll be weeks before these bugs get fixed.

I think with the right precautions, we can make it work. I'll see about streaming on Monday!

@Martigen I think that Obby was trying to convince Wasabi to share the changelog early. Watch the Clogcast on Sunday, maybe he'll share ;)

Yes, and maybe you have already thought of this...but what about a "look-in" on the play testing. You only show some small clips edited together. Make it like a teaser trailer/easter egg video where we get glimpses of some cool stuff you have been working on. I don't need to hear you guys talking about non ns2 stuff, but it would be cool to get a teaser with some live audio from the play test during a reaction or just normal gameplay audio on the mics every once in awhile. You could release the gameplay video/teaser every week or two. Might drive up even more interest for patches, not give away any live discussions about stuff you don't want public, and you only show us what you want us to see.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Me and Wasabi have been talking....if you're interested in seeing the 267 change-log early, I'd tune into Sunday's ClogCast.

*finger hovers over PrintScreen all cast*
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow

Where's that 4k stream resolution when you need it ^^
    Deck_ wrote: »
    Yes, and maybe you have already thought of this...but what about a "look-in" on the play testing. You only show some small clips edited together. Make it like a teaser trailer/easter egg video where we get glimpses of some cool stuff you have been working on. I don't need to hear you guys talking about non ns2 stuff, but it would be cool to get a teaser with some live audio from the play test during a reaction or just normal gameplay audio on the mics every once in awhile. You could release the gameplay video/teaser every week or two. Might drive up even more interest for patches, not give away any live discussions about stuff you don't want public, and you only show us what you want us to see.

That would be a lot of time and effort into recording, finding clips, and editing it together. It's not really something I'm interested in. If anything I'll just straight up stream. Maybe on Monday after Wasabi's changelog teaser this Sunday.

Good luck with your printscreen efforts btw. The changelog is 9 pages long in a google document. It's a beast. Granted a lot of these changes are very small things, it's still nice to look at :)
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts

You will probably break the print screen key because it's very long