NS2 is on sale. New people are joining. Welcome them!

124»

Comments

• halfofaheavenhalfofaheaven Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168660Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
  • freebirdpatfreebirdpat Join Date: 2004-04-10 Member: 27826Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Wish I had a screen shot.... played a game on veil that was 1 hour 30 minutes long.... When I joined aliens had cargo and sub, and 200 res.... When we won, we had Pipe and Marine Start.....
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Rookies like to be familiar marines?
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Martigen wrote: »
    Roobubba wrote: »
    One last point on 'that 42p server' - there are a whole load of modifications on there for balance... sounds great doesn't it? Except now it's twice as bad for new players, because they join a normal server and the prices/tech trees/mechanics are different. Honestly, this does more harm than good to our community, especially at times like this when we're trying to impress and encourage as many greens as possible.
    It helps to actually play on a server before commenting about it.

For one, the only balance change is that marines start with 1-2 more IPs. That's it.

And for two, what we're seeing is greens coming, staying, and returning -- and having a ball. Your perception, based on what you think happens from your own experience extrapolated to a larger server, is not the reality (server issues aside, as they do happen, but are perhaps not as important as you think. It's a more casual game, less rides on the individual, why it's attractive as a learning environment, but I digress). Just consider that instead of dismissing it outright.

And remember it doesn't restrict people to play only on these -- the same player can play 6v6, 12v12, 20v20, vanilla, combat, comp mod, etc. Greens are going to play on a lot of servers as they learn the game. Just let them have fun and find what they like most, and be happy they are. It's what keeps them coming back.
    You are entirely wrong.
    I have played on both wooza and tick's servers. I made a mistake with 'that 42p server' referring to wooza's instead of tick's in error. my point still stands, and having played on both servers several times, I am absolutely best placed to describe them both as fusterclucks, whether you disagree with this truth or not.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    @Obraxis, Id say do it for everyone with a 'dont remind me' option.
    Plenty of nonrookies who still do not know this either.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    We are under 1000 players again.
    In a week we are back to playercount like before the sale.

Thx to all the usual suspect pubstompers.

Oops, wait, i need to post something happy.
    Happy-dog.jpg
  • sharnrocksharnrock Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166084Members
    dePARA wrote: »

It's hard for even regular folk to not stomp when the floor is littered with skulks.
  • MoFoMoFo Join Date: 2013-09-09 Member: 188047Members
    Happy-dog.jpg

omg that is hilarious. Totally copying that for my wallpaper folder.

• RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    MoFo wrote: »
    Happy-dog.jpg

omg that is hilarious. Totally copying that for my wallpaper folder.

I looked at that after vaporizing flowers, and it stressed me out.
  • NotPaLaGiNotPaLaGi Join Date: 2014-05-29 Member: 196291Members

h6E7C3488
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    edited June 2014

GTFO.

Because this:
    49AD7C2568FC91F5B346CC008F1B8EF23465A85C
    is somehow the stomper's fault?
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    we can only suggest rookies to not stack, many shant listen.
    On a positive note, this rookie wave had more rookies who listened to advice then last rookie wave. yays
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    Remember - you were (and still are in some cases :) part of a rookie wave.
    of course im part of many rookies waves. Who else is gona tell the scrubs they die 2-50 because they keep running in straight lines, on the floor, with such noise that half the map can hear them? :D
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    we can only suggest rookies to not stack, many shant listen.
    On a positive note, this rookie wave had more rookies who listened to advice then last rookie wave. yays
    So it's not just my imagination?
    A good portion of this green wave have been pretty friendly, communicative rookies. Where all these guys coming from?

Its not your imagination.

Not including this last one, the ones before...4, to 5 rookie waves had terrible rookies. Noone listened, everyone zerged without a brain, and the second the green tag was gone they saw themselves the best player alive. Lets not speak of ones with the comm badge.
    THIS latest rookie wave however has indeed friendly communicative rookies. Willing to learn.

I dont know what influences the quality of rookie waves, but I know my friendslist grew 5 rookies this rookie wave. (lets see if I can get some in taw.. mhuaha) :D
  • AnzestralAnzestral Join Date: 2013-05-21 Member: 185327Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Daveodeth wrote: »
    I dunno about you lot but I will let a rookie empty clips at.me before I engage, I'll bounce around and parasite let them get used to the movement. I'm not hiding or crouch walking either. Just feels mean this early on.

Sometimes when I am marine and a fade is running towards me trying to hit me or a lerk is sitting in front of me trying to aim some spikes and I see it's a green I pity and just turn around and run away. I guess there is nothing more frustrating for a player to wait 15 minutes in his first game to go fade and die in the first engagement without landing one swipe ;(

• OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    I was more hinting that YOU were a rookie at NS2 once, as opposed to being born with innate knowledge of NS_Nancy.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I know my friendslist grew 5 rookies this rookie wave. (lets see if I can get some in taw.. mhuaha) :D

must.... resist...

:D