Your moment of glory

halfofaheavenhalfofaheaven Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168660Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
On some pub server the other day, I was going something like 22-3 as marine, supporting a fairly inexperienced team and commander, basically being field comm. We were winning quite decisively against an equally skilled team. While going for the last hive push, I noticed it was getting fairly quiet and told our comm to scan the RTs next to our base. And there we had it; aliens popping out of a tunnel making their way to our base JUST as the scan hit. The scan saved the day, we cleared the push and the tunnel and proceeded to take down the last alien hive with ease.

After that round I got to thinking, and remembered a bunch of similar moments. NS2 is full of these adrenaline rushing and/or extremely rewarding situations, both in terms of collective and individual achievements: you're about to get an RT down and 2 skulks fly in full-speed to kill you just when you're reloading, your team is hunting down and trapping a lifeform and it's up to you to get that last 100 points of damage, you've killed the IPs in base and you're the last skulk alive versus two marines with their pistols out and no med support.

So I'm asking you: what was your most glorious NS2 moment? Something you achieved that made you feel all fuzzy and warm on the inside. Something that made you go "f*ck yeah, I'm the sh*t". Be it competitive or public play, a quadruple frag or just a great call you made that won/saved the round, let's hear your moment of glory.

Comments

• Goliath VietnamGoliath Vietnam Join Date: 2013-01-07 Member: 178080Members
    My great sh..t are :))

1/Have a voice comander guide team , and not yelling at public players

2/ Good Sport-manship , no swearing

3/ Being callled a cheater , aimbotter and get vote kicked by a rage kid with his noob Call of Duty clan tag

Glourious >> :D Sorry for my English
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Moment of glory?
    EVERY MOMENT IS GLORIOUS.

Srsly though. Usually those 'im the shit' moments come from soloing good players' lerks with low/no upgrades rifle, or those times when you consciously single-handedly bait, trap and kill a fade with uberpositioning.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The enemy commander once typed "fuck off, squish" on allchat when I killed his entire team while waiting on a res drop. This happened in deposit. Yeah, that room where the little sharts can swarm into the room from underneath and all around. A+, would relive that fight on my deathbed.
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    One of my fave moments, i have quite a few, but the best are the ones you catch while streaming :D

• RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited June 2014
    Not necessarily my 'best' NS2 moment, but Prommah was commanding on Biodome as marine, and we saw on the map coming towards me in Filtration 3 fades and a gorge.
    His first comment was 'I'm not medding that, sorry Roo'

I jumped over one fade from one of the raised lumps, putting the second meat shot in from directly overhead, then took that fade down as I landed. The next fade took a meatshot and managed to escape. The gorge then put itself in the way of the 3rd fade and took a full meatshot, dying on the next shot.
    I started reloading. Prom started medding (I believe it went along with the phrase 'holy sh1t! Okay now you can have a medpack')
    The 3rd fade then took 2 meatshots and a couple of pistol rounds on fleeing and died, and the second fade (who had come back in by this point) took a further meatshot, escaping on 11 HP (if I recall correctly).
    I died to that surviving fade a minute or so later, but boy taking down 2 fades and a gorge in that scenario felt EPIC. :)
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    @MaxAmus‌ Nice trap!
    + agree but I have this horrible thing where every time I start recording, my brain turns to mush and I forget how to play :P *sigh*
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Killing a whole exo pain train by destroying both tunnel entrance and exit.
  • CmdrKeenCmdrKeen Join Date: 2013-05-21 Member: 185321Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    One of the best setups for moments like this is when you are that Fade or Onos which is the last higher lifeform on the field. You have to carry your team for a while (until they get the Pres back). If you manage to pull that off, or even manage to win the game from this, it feels pretty awesome.
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited June 2014
    This 50-0 gorge game in 30 min was my most memorable. It was when mucus was OP. Ossfied used all 3 of the drifer abilities on me constantly. We spawned smeling and marines containment and my job was to defend turbine. Hella fun times...At the end I think I let a few onos die trying to get to 60 rofl.
    0209E1400F906594D33468EF0785CDCFBFE2AB6B
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    gorges op, therefore ez
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2014
    This was a pub on HBZ with skilled players, I was marine commander starting sub access @summit. We were pretty dominating, and were about to enter their hive in atrium. I thought we had pretty good route blocking so I never imagined a skulk had gotten by my marines.
    But as I scanned atrium for my marines to push in, I noticed a little gorge icon traveling across the map to computer lab.
    So I scanned computer lab and saw 9 aliens, including gorges and lerks, jump out of the tunnel and rush for sub.
    Naturally I had plenty of time to react so I first dropped 2 safety chairs and then waited till they were about to enter our main before I beaconed and crushed the entire push before they could leave a scratch.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2014
    Whole team went gorge on refinery and dropped a wall of hydras in marine Turbine start( we started in Containment. We then built up a wall of balls around their IP and I was crying laughin at the poor reins stuck in the pain.... annoying that the reins relocated since we were messing around but still fun.

That or SNB rage quitting over a vote map.... sorry dude, miss you x
  • halfofaheavenhalfofaheaven Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168660Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
    MuckyMcFly wrote: »
    That or SNB rage quitting over a vote map....
    Which one of the 200 times?

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    There is nothing that beats the perfect Crossroads or Cave bellyslide!
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow

3 skulks and lerk in reactor core - managed to chip them and kite to glass hallway...

and tane comes from the back and ruins my 5k

baddie down but I had glory for just a moment
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    edited June 2014
    Not my glory moment, but tudy's glory moment was beating my lerk rush play with some epic welding. Was pretty decisive and hilarious at thesame time. :D

http://www.twitch.tv/tudybeck/c/4348660
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Neoken wrote: »
    Not my glory moment, but tudy's glory moment was beating my lerk rush play with some epic welding. Was pretty decisive and hilarious at thesame time. :D

what no one knows is that one lerk was missing and decided not to rush

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Neoken wrote: »

That reminded me of our 3 onos rush on snails in tram warehouse.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Down to last hive, we quickly build new one soon before they take it down. We end up beating them later. It was kind of something you had to be there for.
  • NeoQuaker1NeoQuaker1 New York Join Date: 2013-02-19 Member: 183182Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I don't know if this sort of thing is frowned upon, but...

Veil, game starts, I'm a marine. I can tell marines have a significant advantage just because of two players in particular. At around the 20 min. mark, the game has unfolded as I and some aliens had predicted. Both teams have two tech points, but aliens are losing hope as pipe hive is just being built, while the marines have secured nanogrid and subsector, have jetpacks, are winning more engagements, and are getting ready to take down cargo hive with ARCs.

Up to this point, I used none of my pres, which is now up to 78. I decide to switch to aliens because I like a challenge, and I admired the determined aliens for lasting as long as they did. I didn't expect this, but I got to carry my 78 res over to the alien team. I thought that switching teams reduces your res to 20 (maybe it's a server mod, still not sure). So naturally I go Onos, team up with the other Onos who valiantly kept the aliens in the game for the past few minutes. We defend the unbuilt hive in pipe against JPs, destroy ARCs attacking cargo, retake nano, then subsector. Aliens win 25 mins. after I switched.

I love comebacks. When I switched, I could hear how desperate the aliens were on the mics. Helping them to victory was so satisfying for me. A bonus was seeing the two highly skilled players on rines (who stomped me the game before) lose.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    A bonus was seeing the two highly skilled players on rines (who stomped me the game before) lose.
    Railo + Fulgo buttbuddies? :)
  • Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    edited June 2014
    i guess this is quite related: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/116683/your-favorite-awesome-or-facepalm-moments
    (please note that its from february 2012, so posting there might be considered an act of necromancy by the mods :D)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited June 2014
    Laosh'Ra wrote: »
    i guess this is quite related: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/116683/your-favorite-awesome-or-facepalm-moments
    (please note that its from february 2012, so posting there might be considered an act of necromancy by the mods :D)

:>

Also forgote the magic video of someone bellysliding in XR like a pro https://youtube.com/watch?v=FlAph6JkbMI&feature=youtu.be&t=1m51s time linked youtube
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Also, for some reason i couldnt get anyone to play with my mines, until well..... this fade thought "OH HAIIIIIIII, can i play wif you!111" BOOOM

I know i shouldnt post over and over again, but hey, epicness u cant control,

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I was in Ore Processing, alone. I only had a rifle and was still pretty green (~200hrs, maybe). I was attacked by two skulks and two lerks. They attacked twice. Both times I managed to kill a skulk and a lerk. It felt awesome. I don't remember details, though, it was quite some time ago.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    MaxAmus wrote: »
    I know i shouldnt post over and over again, but hey, epicness u cant control,

I'm glad I added that slide :)
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Maybe nothing was acheived but it was epic none the less!

Around B180, the GL was an attachment to the rifle (single shot grenade with alt fire) and whips knocked grenades back at the shooter (at crazy angles sometimes)

6 of us ran into Cave hive on Mineshaft from the upper area (crusher side).

We all launched our grenades at once over the lip and at the hive, we stayed back to keep the grenades a surprise.

They all got knocked back at us. We didn't see the whip farm.

All 6 of us died at once.

Glorious.