i bought this game when its first released but now its not in my steam account

ExaltechExaltech Join Date: 2013-08-19 Member: 186980Members
can someone help me please? i posted to steam support and they told me i have to talk with the game publisher.

Comments

• HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    First came out as in you purchased the alpha key before it was on even on steam?
    or you purchased it through steam and now its removed from your list?
  • ExaltechExaltech Join Date: 2013-08-19 Member: 186980Members
    it was on steam, i have my cd-key, but steam tellin me the cd key is already activated to my account, yet it is not on my game lists, and there is a purchase button where it should be play.
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    very odd. While I'm not part of the tech support team I would suggest you take some screens of your steam library as proof and give any details you remember like when and where you got the CD key.
    UWE and most the people in the know are in NA so it'll be a few hours before they're up and able to help
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5168-EUIA-6643
    in the mean time I suggest you search the steam support. I suspect its an issue on their end of things
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2014
    Did you buy it through steam or any of the other legit places? Because there has been cases in the past of scams.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2160069

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2156068
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Be sure you were not scammed.. only Steam directly was a valid source to purchase it iirc
    can't someone from the company check the cd-key i got? i bought it on steam
    and i can tell my cd-key to a admin or alike
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Then you need to contact steam support!
    They will check if the payment is really made. If it is, they will add it for you.

*done it before*
    well i made a ticket for steam support and they direct'd me to the publishers :(
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2014
    Exaltech wrote: »
    well i made a ticket for steam support and they direct'd me to the publishers :(

The point now is from where did you got your key from?
    from steam, as i said earlier :D
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    from steam, as i said earlier :D

Then this is clearly a steam store support issue ;)

How should you get scammed if you got the game directly from the steam store?
    And how should uwe help you out with steam store issues ?
    i simply do not now, i sended another ticket and took the same reply :'(
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    that is... odd. I have made tickets about gaming not being given when I payed in steam, and thats been checked out.
    its on the steam support site right? its different from steampowered normal steam login.
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    If you had a CD Key you obviously didn't bought it on Steam.

On what website did you bought the game?
    Hello Taylan,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the delay.

Your CD Key for this game has been revoked at the request of the publisher.

You will need to contact the seller for further assistance.

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

and they gave me a cd-key so i can claim it from publishers
    and i do bought it from steam, i learn'd the cd-key i have thro' this reply.
    edited June 2014
    Hello Taylan,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the delay.

Your CD Key for this game has been revoked at the request of the publisher.

You will need to contact the seller for further assistance.

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

and they gave me a cd-key so i can claim it from publishers

To me that sounds like the steam support is pretty sure that you didn't bought ns2 at steam.

But easy to find out. Go to https://store.steampowered.com/account/ after loging into steam. And search for Natural Selection 2.

If behind NS2 you find Steam-Store you bought it really at Steam, if not you have to find out from where you really got it.
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    Revoked keys usually happen when someone buys something with a stolen credit card.
    Very common for key resell sites to do this, their keys end up getting revoked, and their customers end up losing their money. But they win.
  • fat catfat cat Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164696Members, Reinforced - Silver
    So you mean you bought the game directly from steam, and it got revoked? Sounds like you used a bad form of payment.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2014
    There are only a few reasons why your key would be revoked.

1) Stolen Credit card was used to purchase

2) Purchased NS2 from a CD-Key website and NOT steam (which only gave a steam key)

CD-Key websites will often sell steam keys at a discount. Currently the only LEGIT way of purchasing NS2 is from Steam or GreenManGaming.

If you did originally purchase it through steam, you should have an email from steam support when you purchased it.

Please post your original email from your place of purchase. Otherwise, I'm not sure anyone can help you further.
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Long time ago or not, If you did indeed purchase it from steam, it should have been put in your library as soon as the purchase was completed. There is no middle ground where they email you the CD key or anything.

Technically the only time you would receive a CD key is from a another website, such as Humble Bundle, to which you still have to redeem it on steam. (I believe steam is the only Digital Distribution that you can download NS2 from)

It sounds to me that you may have gotten scammed, and I am truly sorry to hear of your plight. If it's any consolation, NS2 has been featured on sale many times via Steam and Humble Bundle for ridiculously cheap, and it is almost the summer so I expect there to be a sale soon. Add NS2 on your wishlist to grab a copy for just a few bucks!

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/naturalselection2_storefront

http://store.steampowered.com/app/4920
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    If I had another copy lying around, I'd happily gift it. I always try to buy an extra whenever it goes on sale for gifting.
    i personaly asked them if there is any kind of cd-key i can show that will indicate my rightfull-ownership of the game. can't the devs track my cd-key to find out why its gone hollow? btw please do pardon my english.
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    Could you do what GhoulofGSG9 suggested? Thanks!
    To me that sounds like the steam support is pretty sure that you didn't bought ns2 at steam.

But easy to find out. Go to https://store.steampowered.com/account/ after loging into steam. And search for Natural Selection 2.

If behind NS2 you find Steam-Store you bought it really at Steam, if not you have to find out from where you really got it.

i did not understand where i should look (i did not understand the concept of "behind" in a 2d view tbh) but this is what i see when i search ns2 http://i.imgur.com/4weDRtY.jpg
    http://imgur.com/pYqIbGO
  • AcrylicAcrylic Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6400Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
  • AcrylicAcrylic Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6400Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Also, I think I still have my second copy from when I first purchased NS2 that I can gift you if you cant get this worked out.
    Acrylic wrote: »
    this is what mine looks like...

http://i.imgur.com/vc7O6tO.png

that is what mine "was" lookin like :'(

i am not a expert but its letting me preview the game. doesnt this means i do own it?