Cheats?

OutCastOutCast Join Date: 2013-02-26 Member: 183351Members
Hi there, Im thinking of getting into the game again. Left the game a year ago due to facing some players who used wallhacks and aimbots and wanted to know if this has changed.

Thanks for reading. Greetings.

Comments

• OutCastOutCast Join Date: 2013-02-26 Member: 183351Members
    Thank you for your answe Obraxis! If so, then i will definitely come back again.

I know there are both good players and cheaters, but what i have experienced was cheaters who managed to oddly autoaim through walls and were running directly to the enemy base right after the game commenced.

What can i do if i find this kind of cheaters again?
    Thank your for your answer Wakelagger, its good to hear that.
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I have had the game since beta and have over 2k hours. I have only suspected cheating twice in my own games, and those were both over a year ago in pubs. In pcw's or gathers, I have never suspected anyone. I have, however, watched some of those hackusation videos and acknowledge that they do exist. But I'd maintain that hacking is extremely rare in ns2.

Now for the thing about "and (they) were running directly to the enemy base right after the game commenced" - that was, and continues to be, pretty common and has nothing to do with cheating.
    I have to say that the dude who in every game ran to the enemy base aiming through walls and specially pipelines with 100% accurate (i was in spectator), actually managed to camp many times at their spawnplace killing all those who ressed. Its not a high skill issue, im very sceptic when it comes to cheating and only admit it when its clearly obvious.

In the last 2 weeks before i left i met some (3-4) cheaters ingame, being the previous related one the most annoying. After that i searched hacks for ns2 and actually found some; with guides, pics and videos. Thats why i left.

I want to ask again what to do if i meet again a cheater. How to report it or what to do to prove it
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2014
    OutCast wrote: »
    I want to ask again what to do if i meet again a cheater. How to report it or what to do to prove it

Good question, I don't know, as I hinted above, I've never actually had that issue. But I'd suggest that you record him in spectator, preferably in FPV assuming it's not disabled. Then post it somewhere on the forums, make sure you get his Steam_ID by using sv_status in console IN your recording. At the very least admins can see it and ban him on their servers - but hopefully we can get a global-ban on the person.

If you want to be extra thorough, you can use ns2's in-game demo recording, even though it's very bugged it can still serve as evidence in a hackusation.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2014
    OutCast wrote: »
    I have to say that the dude who in every game ran to the enemy base aiming through walls and specially pipelines with 100% accurate (i was in spectator), actually managed to camp many times at their spawnplace killing all those who ressed. Its not a high skill issue, im very sceptic when it comes to cheating and only admit it when its clearly obvious.

In the last 2 weeks before i left i met some (3-4) cheaters ingame, being the previous related one the most annoying. After that i searched hacks for ns2 and actually found some; with guides, pics and videos. Thats why i left.

Yeh i encountered this 1x many months ago. It was so obviously a cheat it wasnt a really good cheat, just empty-the-server-trolling.
    Still: 1x (few rounds in a row) in 1500 hours still makes NS2 pretty hack-free.

Welcome back :)

Edit: you can reduce the risk of hackers by joining community-run servers who actually have admins on regulary.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Also, let's not forget that aliens can get aura which is sort of like a wall hack, but not. I don't think I've ever played w/ a real h4x.
  • Goliath VietnamGoliath Vietnam Join Date: 2013-01-07 Member: 178080Members
    Im agree with Obraxis , high skill level player really got into false hacking acuse by new player or some mad guy :))

Rookies need to learn stuff , watch video by ItsSuperEffective on Youtube and you will be good in no time :D
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2014
    I've accumulated over 1700 hours playing this game almost nightly. I've only seen 1 case of latent hacking, and that was a bloody long time ago. If there were hackers in the games I've played...well they didn't pay enough for their hacks ;)

Funny story: I was accused of hacking once, the admin was skeptical, but his suspicion was trumped by the other 90% of the server knew who I was and vouched me (Love you guys). But not everyone can have mountains of proof behind them, it might help to understand who that player is, and if he can justify his level of skill.

Another Funny story (if you now who I am talking about): I was playing on a server when one of the people I was playing with got accused of wall hacking, 3 people were screaming bloody murder, and the admin was under pressure to ban him. What they didn't know is that he is a well known competitive player, the server admins knew who he was and was promptly unbanned. I caught the whole thing on video like a slow train wreck, but no harm, no foul.

This is a testament to the great NS2 community being kind of a "everyone knows everyone" kind of town, so take comfort in that ;)

It helps to have some experience in order to have clear perspective on if someone is cheating. But if the testimonies from all the people on this forum have told you isn't proof enough, you can rest easy that the super rare player who does hack does not represent the other %99.9 percent of the community that doesn't.

You may want to seek out some twitch streams of high level players or tutorials to study their play styles and get some guidance to see what they do to maximize their potential in engagements.

Shameless Promotion: I twitch every night from 8-11 PM EST, if you want to ask questions, get tips, or just see what I do. There is also a thread on this forums to other popular streamers :)
  • SpaSpa Join Date: 2013-05-20 Member: 185301Members
    Watching vents is wall hacking....duh.