BUILD 266 NOW LIVE ON STEAM - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Fantastic job, guys!! Keep it up!
  • ComTruiseComTruise Join Date: 2014-01-13 Member: 193057Members
    Good work & keep going guys. Really happy to be part of this community!
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    After playing, I am a bit sceptical. I know some requested pg-arrows, but I never needed them. And now I have sth moving on my minimap. All the time. I don't like that. Is there a command to disable it? Haven't found an option.
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    After playing, I am a bit sceptical. I know some requested pg-arrows, but I never needed them. And now I have sth moving on my minimap. All the time. I don't like that. Is there a command to disable it? Haven't found an option.

NS2+ which this feature was pulled from allows you to disable it. However, at the moment a lot of those toggle options don't exist in the menu. For now you will have to play with them on and maybe we can address the on/off function in 267. Of course by then you may grow to love them :)
  • HoliHoli Sweden Join Date: 2014-01-28 Member: 193600Members
    Would be a nice option to turn the animations off on the pg arrows, I love pretty much all the other interface tweaks I noticed :D

Btw, I've only played on 2 servers 1 vanilla 1 ns2+ and on the vanilla one I didn't get radar/teamres in my hud for some reason as marine? I'll jump around some more servers and see if it's like that consistently...
  • WarmongerWarmonger Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13126Members, Constellation
    edited June 2014
    Awesome update guys (and gals, of course) - it's greatly appreciated. Is fixing certain units clipping on the agenda at any point in the future? What I'm talking about is ARC's, MAC's, Drifters, etc clipping (stacking) inside of each other. Especially for the ARC's since you can squeeze 5 ARC's in a tiny space, whereas if they didn't clip they would have to be more spread out, and therefore more vulnerable. Not to mention it looks really stupid :-)
  • BlobBlob Join Date: 2013-09-08 Member: 187999Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    YEAH! IP bug fixed and more tunnel placements!
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    I play for example without damage numbers because I like a clean HUD/UI that let's me focus on the combat. I don't think I will get used to the animation that fast.

Thanks for the answer. I hope the toggles will make it into 267.
  • HoliHoli Sweden Join Date: 2014-01-28 Member: 193600Members
    Just me being stupid.. Detailed Hud 0 >_<
  • lone0001lone0001 Ontario, Canada Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186616Members, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Great work guys! Some very nice fixes in this update. :)
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Great job guys! Solid first patch from the CDT.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    grats on gettin this off the ground! will be joinin some servers here very shortly...
  • DarakianDarakian Join Date: 2004-09-03 Member: 31233Members
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited June 2014

Agreed, would be nice to make those arrows stationary.

That's my only complaint about 266. All in all its a solid build with great features/fixes. Hopefully the good times will continue.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    3 cheers for CDT. Hip Hip Horray!!!!!! x 3
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    Sorry i'm used to being let down. I will find something negative and whinge... <3 good work guys. Top notch patch. Keep it up!
  • NeoQuaker1NeoQuaker1 New York Join Date: 2013-02-19 Member: 183182Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    How can I make a donation to the community dev team?
  • rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Does CDT also patch/change the engine or is it Lua scripts only? Will the engine be developed further?
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    So good!! Well done and thank you to everyone involved.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    amazing work guys, thank you for your dedication.

The only change i would knowingly like to see is 1 for Xenocide.

I believe the upgrade should be passive so that every time a skulk dies he will explode, however the radius of the explosion is greatly reduced
  • halfofaheavenhalfofaheaven Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168660Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
    Decoy wrote: »
    real lives
    Lies.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
  • lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation
    Wow, that was fast! I expected this update to be in the works for a longer time.
  • rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Decoy wrote: »
    One of our CDT members, FSFOD, does have engine access. So while we could make changes to the engine, I wouldn't expect anything too major. We are all volunteers and have real lives and jobs to do as well :D
    That's great! Any chance of fixing the shotgun crash? I can't say for Windows, but on Linux I still have an occasional crash after the first shotgun shot made (no matter whether it's mine or somebody I'm spectating). The issue is described on forum (and not just once), so I won't pollute this comment thread further. My teammates on Windows said that NS2 crashes every other day so I should feel lucky with my single crash per 2-3 weeks, but anyway I'd be glad to help fixing this.
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    rkfg wrote: »
    That's great! Any chance of fixing the shotgun crash? I can't say for Windows, but on Linux I still have an occasional crash after the first shotgun shot made (no matter whether it's mine or somebody I'm spectating). The issue is described on forum (and not just once), so I won't pollute this comment thread further. My teammates on Windows said that NS2 crashes every other day so I should feel lucky with my single crash per 2-3 weeks, but anyway I'd be glad to help fixing this.

Calling in @samusdroid @ghoulofgsg9 @mcglaspie @whoever-else-can-fix-this :D
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    For the people that don't like the arrows remember that you can choose between different options meanwhile in NS2+ (static line, static arrows, dashed line, animated arrows).
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    My highlights from teh changelog:

>Fixed bug where damage numbers wouldn’t show the damage done in the killing blow
    Yaayy I had wondered about this...

>Fixed players getting stuck on Infantry Portals if another player is afk on it
    !!!

>Fixed unknown in server browser bug
    !!!

>Fixed Gorge spit not doing damage up close
    !!!

>Mods list now automatically sorted by Active > Subscribed > Alphabetically. You can also sort by column now
    ^__^

>“tunnel_allowed” material, which allows tunnel placement outside of nav mesh. Usage: paint material onto a face and put that face in CollisionGeometry
    Aaawww yeah
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2014
    Cool solid patch, a lot of these have been demanded for a while now:
    “nav_debug”, collision, and physics console commands now require cheats to be on
    Fixed unknown in server browser bug (thanks Person8880!)
    Ty!!
    Fixed players getting stuck on Infantry Portals if another player is afk on it
    That was so due. But what if a player is not Afk but walks back onto the IP and goes Afk?
    Added tunnel_allowed geometry near pipes in Fabrication, the top level of Plaza, and near the desk in Plaza to allow for tunnel placement off navmesh
    Great!!!

Ohh and maybe you forgot to mention that the Costumization Menu now features Drag to Rotate :)

Edit: Little fix and change request if you have some spare time :)
    Server queue: Would be great to have the position in the queue showing and if a spot is free to only wakeup the first player in the queue (and the rest doesn't get "Server Full" message). Also the "VIP can try to join" text is bigger than the background panel.