Brightness and Contrast Options

ukeuke Join Date: 2013-07-01 Member: 185840Members
edited May 2014 in Ideas and Suggestions
Saw some guys posting about this but didn't find a thread about it.
So im requesting brighness and contrast options because I am missing those.
Playing around with them on my monitor or external programs is just a pain in the ass.

BTW heres a good program for that: Gamma Panel
gammapanel.png

Comments

• cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Erm, are you requesting NS2 have it's on color options?

You can just hotkey a script to change the options or something like that.
  • ukeuke Join Date: 2013-07-01 Member: 185840Members
    I know that i can hotkey this but it would be nice to have an option integrated and saved within the game. I mean its like the only game I know that lacks these options.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    These options will never exist for ns2
    Why do you think they wont?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    uke wrote: »
    Why do you think they wont?

Because that would probably require to add some new engine functions to be able to change those values ingame which would require some uwe engine dev to do this which won't happen as they are all busy with subnautica and some other stuff.
    I could imagine a simple .hlsl shader file would do the job just feed it with some parameters.

Also:
    Hugh wrote: »
    [...]
    The team working on Subnautica does not include anyone from Unknown Worlds that is currently working on Spark.
    [...]

I mean it's nice that they are working on their new game and still also a bit on NS2. I hope they can take it into their agenda somehow anyway.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    They almost certainly are doing engine changes, but they won't be going into ns2.
    Then whats the sense of those engine changes as only NS2 is using spark?
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    CCTEE wrote: »
    teh future!

Is here... Or is it... We'll know in a few moments... Right after these messages...
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    OK, From the Obtuse comments I've been reading on these forums, I get the idea that UWE is ALREADY working on the next spark game. This of course makes sense, prototyping the next game while the current one is in development, but what will it mean...
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    A program is never finished, it is just abandoned.

And I can't say it wouldn't be normal for a game that went out nearly 2 years ago. They are not Valve.
    There is no need for this option when you can hotkey it, simple. Adding this to NS2 would just be a slight convenience that is not necessary.
    @Regnareb:
    As long theres a community still caring for this game theres no need for abandoning. I think Valve would have also abandoned their games if noone cared about them.

@coolitic:
    It's like saying that theres no need for any graphical option since I can change them externally in my amd control center and make profiles for different games...
    Moreover it's like saying that theres no need for working on NS2 since it runs anyways even with its bugs and status of polishment.
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    @Regnareb:
    As long theres a community still caring for this game theres no need for abandoning. I think Valve would have also abandoned their games if noone cared about them.
    And if the community care for it forever?
    They are not Valve, a company costs a lot of money no matter how much the community is "caring" for them. They are not receiving money from your "caring", unless you are paying them every month (and by "you", I mean a lot of "you").
    Not directly but a living community attracts more people.
    edited May 2014
    @Regnareb:

@coolitic:
    It's like saying that theres no need for any graphical option since I can change them externally in my amd control center and make profiles for different games...
    Moreover it's like saying that theres no need for working on NS2 since it runs anyways even with its bugs and status of polishment.

False. The majority of graphic settings is not controlled by AMD CC or NCP, most of them can only be controlled in-game.
    Most but that wasn't really the point...
  • Goliath VietnamGoliath Vietnam Join Date: 2013-01-07 Member: 178080Members
    turn on the sun on your LCD screen to see Skull or cloak aliens easier?

Shame on you sir , even L4D2 dont have that kind of brightness making some players have advantage
    is no real advantage since anybody could do this. but my problem is that at certain times the sun shines in my room and i dont mean it shines directly on my screen but its bright enough for my eyes to adapt to the surrounding light and reduce the contrast of what i can see in the game