No players?

AssassinDeityAssassinDeity Join Date: 2013-01-16 Member: 180018Members
Hi, I just bought the game yesterday and I started to explore the maps. Today I wanted to actually play with some people so I clicked play and there were no players in all the servers except 1 in a server. I made sure that all the filters were off and that the performance was set to 0 and the ping was set to unlimited. I dont understand what I need to do. I saw on this site that there was an update but I dont know how I can apply it to my game if it isnt updated already since steam isnt doing anything.

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    New patch just went out :)
  • AssassinDeityAssassinDeity Join Date: 2013-01-16 Member: 180018Members
    edited January 2013
    So no one is able to play right now?

Nevermind, other players started to show up now
  • ArmymongerArmymonger The spacebearing Country of America Join Date: 2014-04-04 Member: 195135Members
    Alright, Im bringing back this thread from the dead as a start to being a Brand new Forum person here.

I'm having the Same issue here now that the "Kodiak" Update was released.
    At first, It was "Game files Don't match the Servers" And going here and Figuring out how to Nuke it from orbit, Im now able to play.
    HOWEVER, I see no players. None whatsoever. Going into a Game is fine, No problems, Playing, no problems either.

So Where is the community? Where is everyone?
    Its been 3 days Since I nuked the game, Is something Preventing me from Playing with others?
  • ArmymongerArmymonger The spacebearing Country of America Join Date: 2014-04-04 Member: 195135Members
    Now its been 4 days since I saw a Friendly player, Let alone an active game.
    I would really like an Answer from someone.
    If everyone is playing Kodiak and not playing regular servers, THAT would be an answer someone...
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Weird. Rest assured there's still people playing.
    Did you check if you are filtering out the populated servers somehow?
  • Gear88Gear88 Germany Join Date: 2014-05-04 Member: 195787Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    it's not that populated for me too :/ at least when i try to find a game with a ping under 100 ...
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2014
    Gear88 wrote: »
    it's not that populated for me too :/ at least when i try to find a game with a ping under 100 ...

Really there are a bunch pretty populated german ns2 servers around.

Otherwise here is a little tip: just join a server with 1-4 ppl those will fill up pretty fast ;)
  • Gear88Gear88 Germany Join Date: 2014-05-04 Member: 195787Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2014
    Gear88 wrote: »

Really there are a bunch pretty populated german ns2 servers around.

Otherwise here is a little tip: just join a server with 1-4 ppl those will fill up pretty fast ;)

well didn't touch the game for a very long while ... was checking/installing some mods and it actually kinda fixed it
    I have not touched the Filters at all.
    Not one bit. So...Its a personal problem for me?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Without screen shots or your tech support zip file /log it's kinda hard to diagnose from here..
    Oh yeah, I should probably mention that Im a Steam player.
    I heard that Steam was being a Little Wonky or something?
  • Goliath VietnamGoliath Vietnam Join Date: 2013-01-07 Member: 178080Members
    Later on future patch , NS2 have Match making mode to help find players and "Gather" 'em join in one server 2 play

Its will be easy , just wait man and enjoy the gameplay
    Armymonger wrote: »
    HOWEVER, I see no players. None whatsoever. Going into a Game is fine, No problems, Playing, no problems either.

Do you mean that you can join a server but the players are invisible???
    Or do you just mean the server browser shows no servers?
    No, None of the sort Iron.
    I see plenty of servers, Just all of them are Empty.
    If they were invisible then that would be Hilarious. Still, you would see them in the "Maximum" player server limits right?
    Ok, Just bumping this again.
    Its been 8 days Now, And I still see no players in any servers. All of them are empty.

Im going to Try Uninstalling and Reinstalling Again, But I highly doubt it will fix anything.
    Be sure the filter text field is absolutely empty in the server browser.
    Then try to Delete your steam ns2 settings folder where your server filter settings are saved. steam/userdat/<steamid>/4920

If that doesn't do it then it's got to be a network issue.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited May 2014
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Without screen shots or your tech support zip file /log it's kinda hard to diagnose from here..

They just keep the ATI rendering bugs coming eh IronHorse?
    Ok, well it dosen't seem to be a problem with the game.
    I just nuked the game, Reinstalled it and what not...
    It might really be a Network problem...

But on the safe side, How do I post the Tech support zip file here?
    You may have nuked it, but did you do what i suggested and delete the ns2 settings folder? I ask because its not in the nuke guide....
    Run techsupport.exe , which you can find in your NS2 installation folder.. it will create a zip file when its done.
    My apologies, I didn't know the two were completely different, Nuking and Setting Deletion.
    On that note, I did delete the Setting file 4920 in the settings, and it didn't work.

And as for that Zip file, Im not sure exactly what part to post here, there's so much coding that im kinda lost, So I guess the logs are what you need...?
    Logs
    Date: 05/09/14
    Time: 19:10:01:
    Build 264
    Windows Vista 64-bit (build 6002)
    Error: PhysX: Invalid Cuda context!
    Steam initialized
    Num displays: 1
    Direct3D 9 initialized: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series (8.17.10.1191)
    Error: SoundSystem::SetDevice - invalid ID
    Sound Device: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) stereo
    Record Device: disabled
    Loading config://ConsoleBindings.json
    Loading config://FavoriteServers.json
    Loading config://HistoryServers.json
    Main Menu Initialized at Version: 264
    Steam Id: 156024034
    Error: Attempted to load remote options from a file that does not exist.
    Error: PhysX: Foundation destruction failed due to pending module references. Close/release all depending modules first.
    Error: 10 memory leaks in 'PhysX' (2280 bytes)
    Error: 10 memory leaks in 'Physics' (2280 bytes)
    Error: 10 memory leaks in 'Engine' (2280 bytes)

edited May 2014
    "Main Menu Initialized at Version: 264"

Annndddd that is why the first thing i asked for was:

:D
    You are running an outdated version of NS2!
    The current live version is 265 ... not 264.
    Be sure you are connected to the internet, steam is in the ONLINE mode, and then right click NS2 in steam > Properties > Update > Select "always keep this game up to date" in the drop down box.
    Then while you are still in the Properties menu go to the "Local Files" tab and click "Verifiy integrity of game cache"

p.s. it's better to upload the whole zip file that the techsupport.exe makes.. but in this case looking at your log was enough to spot the problem.
    WHAAATTT??!?!?

How Embarrassing.
    Well, Thank you Iron Horse, Hopefully this will fix everything now. Cheers!
    No problem :-P
    Just glad it's an easy fix! See you in game
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited May 2014
    No problem :-P
    Just glad it's an easy fix! See you in game

And on that note, let me just point out two things! @AssassinDeity's member number #180018 is indeed rivalled in awesomeness by @Armymonger's join date 2014-04-04!

Just sayin' :-?
    @Kouji_San‌
    Isn't that true for all users on these forums?...
    I don't get it...

But I can say the game works successfully now, So again thanks for everything.