27 Days Later

Comments

• deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    marine power armor?

omg...
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2014
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    I don't get it... do they have to generate a new steam id for every revision of the game, or are they talking about an entirely different game, and the "@NS2" is unrelated?

Also: HE SAID "LAUNCH PAD"!!!!! Tool improvements/bug fixes???????? (Shut up! Let me have my false-hope!)

If you release DLC for example, that also needs to have it's own unique steamappid, but no they do not get a new appID for every revision.

If we put this all together, @Obraxis is doing a large part of this update. I do remember Hugh mentioning sometime ago about something that Obraxis was working on which would be of particular interest to modders etc. Definitely will be interesting to find out what it is...

More Tweets from the Hugh..
    hughtweetagain2_zps1db0c916.png
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    RapGod wrote: »
    Obraxis wrote: »

I've been holding back from the 28 days later.. happy you picked it up for me lol

Guess where the thread title comes from ;)

Should have been '28 days later.. minus one day' :p
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    so... new music, new appid, and is NS2 related
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Hugh clearly states it's music for the trailer :)
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    I don't get it... do they have to generate a new steam id for every revision of the game, or are they talking about an entirely different game, and the "@NS2" is unrelated?

Also: HE SAID "LAUNCH PAD"!!!!! Tool improvements/bug fixes???????? (Shut up! Let me have my false-hope!)

If you release DLC for example, that also needs to have it's own unique steamappid, but no they do not get a new appID for every revision.

If we put this all together, @Obraxis is doing a large part of this update. I do remember Hugh mentioning sometime ago about something that Obraxis was working on which would be of particular interest to modders etc. Definitely will be interesting to find out what it is...

That's what I figured, but now I'm more interested than ever! We really need a standardized definition of the words "soon", "sometime", and "eventually". :P
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    New appid? Is that for modders?
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    guys I feel hype coming. don't hype too much pls
    Not hype, we do this tongue-in-cheek banter every time. I am not expecting anything to make a significant change myself. Probably a Modding/Mapping World Championship :D
  • SpoogeSpooge Thunderbolt missile in your cheerios Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 67Members
    A trailer? So....it's a countdown to the release of a trailer for something that will be released "soon"?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts

That's what I figured, but now I'm more interested than ever! We really need a standardized definition of the words "soon", "sometime", and "eventually". :P

Here it is, then: "When it's done."
    :D
  • NominousNominous Baltimore, MD Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146518Members
    IronHorse wrote: »

When what's done? ;)
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    IronHorse wrote: »

Oh no, it is never coming out!!!

To my understanding, one is never done when coding a large project, but instead forced to make something releasable.
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Personally I would prefer to see UWE freely share whatever they're working on rather then keeping it all tied up simply to build hype. Plenty of communities appreciate the transparency for game developers and can have legitimate reason to be excited or let their expectations settle.
  • Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    i remember how they did that early on, also asking for ideas / feedback on how to improve their upcoming concepts _before_ they made it into the game. the community provided a LOT here, but maybe they don't want that anymore as the game is more static / clearly planned out than during beta?
    but please remember what great contributions the community made here and there, i think those might be more worth than overhyping new content which will almost automatically lead to a lot of disappointment, because people were secretly hoping for something else, since there are basically infinite possibilities what to hope for.

but in the end, i'm also just guessing what the reason(s) might be.
    could you guys at least give us an explanation why these things are as confidential as nuclear launch codes?
    since there's probably some good reason, stating it might help to appease a few people (e.g. me :D)
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    Laosh'Ra wrote: »
    i remember how they did that early on, also asking for ideas / feedback on how to improve their upcoming concepts _before_ they made it into the game. the community provided a LOT here, but maybe they don't want that anymore as the game is more static / clearly planned out than during beta?
    but please remember what great contributions the community made here and there, i think those might be more worth than overhyping new content which will almost automatically lead to a lot of disappointment, because people were secretly hoping for something else, since there are basically infinite possibilities what to hope for.

but in the end, i'm also just guessing what the reason(s) might be.
    could you guys at least give us an explanation why these things are as confidential as nuclear launch codes?
    since there's probably some good reason, stating it might help to appease a few people (e.g. me :D)

Based on what has been said so far, don't expect anything more till the actual release.
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Personally I would prefer to see UWE freely share whatever they're working on rather then keeping it all tied up simply to build hype. Plenty of communities appreciate the transparency for game developers and can have legitimate reason to be excited or let their expectations settle.
    This is how it used to be actually. The hype building thing is a more recent phenomenon...
    edited April 2014
    They are not really hyping it, we are doing it tongue in cheek. UWE are just letting us know that they haven't forgotten about NS2, that's all. I mean, it's obviously not their primary focus anymore, so it is good that they are still providing updates for the game at this late stage.

It makes sense that this be an update that assists modders, as that is where most changes and fixes are going to come from. Although they will probably mostly be in NS2+ style mod form.
  • WalsaWalsa Join Date: 2011-06-28 Member: 106813Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2014
    Are the going to separate developing tools from the game? Making a new appid and placing them in the tools menu from steam?

Edit: looking at steam database it seems like a DLC
    Changed ListOfDLC – 4930,4931,4932,250890,250891,250892,250893,274150,280760,280761,280762,280763,296360
    about 20 hours ago
    Changed changenumber – 436586 › 470435

296360 is the new one
    I'm fairly sure it will be dlc for the game, but we just don't know. We kind of gave up seriously trying to guess things, as UWE have a long history of announcing things when they aren't quite ready...

BUS
    Fall2009

It is sort of a recurrent thing. Just expect exactly what you didn't expect :D
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I wonder what could possibly be released as a DLC. Probably something cosmetical, as actual content would fracture the userbase - and NS2 does not have a userbase that would survive fracturing.
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    Maybe they'll offer Combat early and at a discount for those already owning NS2.
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Maybe they'll offer Combat early and at a discount for those already owning NS2.

THat would be a good idea. BUt I doubt that is the patch and surprise. Given the fact that the patch has a trailer.
    The faultline devs already said that this wasn't going to happen.
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members
    We had "something big coming up" in Oct. last year, remember?
    I hope they don't make that same mistake twice. :-\"
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Paajtor wrote: »
    We had "something big coming up" in Oct. last year, remember?
    I hope they don't make that same mistake twice. :-\"

Well, at least for those of us who attended the NS2WC it was frikkin awesome, and Hugh made no understatement.
    I understand that it's not the same for everyone else, though.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    if after a months hyping you allow new build to break 1 or even 2 maps for twice as long, i am going to be very DISSAPOINT!...
  • ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    Going to laugh if it's Combat trailer and hype.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    edited April 2014
    ns2isgood wrote: »
    Going to laugh if it's Combat trailer and hype.

Doubt it. Probably a lot of testing BC of messing around with things that could affect balance and want to make sure nothing is op... probably going over the maps more to make sure they don't get yelled at for overlooking something like they did the recent patch... I do think they should do a hotfix right now, though.

I hope they are doing these things anyway... I can't see anything else taking so long (if a dlc is in the works then the wait would also make sense).

Just trying to be positive... wtf is wrong with me? Who am I? @-)