Why do Marine comm's refuse to help their team...

2»

Comments

• meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    ^ Dont know about that, but when medding I always press E-A-click rather than just A-click, I might be doing this reflexively due to early experience with that bug though so who knows :P
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    I always press E before dropping every med and ammo. When you click on the marine it takes you away from the assist menu and the hotkeys won't work unless you swap back.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    edited April 2014
    KungFuJV wrote: »
    Off topic, but to the cmdrs out there, do u ever run into this glitch when trying to use hotkeys, that they don't work?

Sometimes when trying to beacon/med I can press the respective key and nothing will happen. Usually I have to press Q,W,E (to rapidly change the menu) and then go back to the tab, for it to work again.

Sometimes it feels a little "slow" when it comes to hot keys. But maybe I'm just thinking about the medpack cool down.

On topic, as a commander, people need to listen more to them about strategy (unless it's just plain poppy but then you can eject if it is obvious that he/she wasn't doing anything to help marines). This is not to say everyone should do everything the commander says (a Rambo or two can really devestate RTS for the aliens, and bring aliens back to kill you. Especially if you constantly hit one of their secondary RTS). But more than one or two Rambos is a bad thing (note: this is for larger servers).

I say, if most people on your team think the commander is doing generally well, then just listen to him/her. But that is my opinion.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    They need to add real hotkeys for support powers, I mean press K or whatever buttom and it's insta med drop without click.
  • KungFuJVKungFuJV Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15167Members
    xen32 wrote: »
    They need to add real hotkeys for support powers, I mean press K or whatever buttom and it's insta med drop without click.

I see where you are coming from....but way too exploitable... +1 though. Yeahh. Right track..
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    joshhh wrote: »
    Anzestral wrote: »
    MoFo wrote: »
    Why refuse to drop power in glass hallway on summit? It's completely free to drop and allows Marines to climb into the glass/reactor vent...
    You can jump in that vent without the powernode beeing dropped, just by jumping on the rail on the left side...

Right side works too Anze :D

Right side, left side... Can't we all just get in the vent and party dammit!

I believe in NS1 you could easily party in the vent because games were much longer, not so much for NS2 unless you use the excuse of sniping.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    KungFuJV wrote: »
    xen32 wrote: »

I see where you are coming from....but way too exploitable... +1 though. Yeahh. Right track..

Exploitable?

• RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    If you're just using the structures to get into vents, why do you need to build them? leave them as blueprints and they'll give you the res back next time an alien comes through :)
  • KungFuJVKungFuJV Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15167Members
    Mouse wrote: »

Exploitable?

Yeah, my mistake..was thinking he meant the marines on the ground could press "k" and get a medpack instantly with tRes.

Now I realize he was talking about cmd.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Roobubba wrote: »
    If you're just using the structures to get into vents, why do you need to build them? leave them as blueprints and they'll give you the res back next time an alien comes through :)
    That was my thought, but watch it be built no matter your orders on a pub server.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    james888 wrote: »

That was my thought, but watch it be built no matter your orders on a pub server.

Them power nodes need to get fully built!
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members

It's all apart of OCD. Leave not a structure unbuilt lest it bother you every time you pass.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow

The build order you get every time you go near an unbuilt structure says hi! :D

Seriously, can we have the build order not appear for powernodes over 90% built?