NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)

Comments

• simbasimba Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151628Members
    ¿Dónde está el botón donar?
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I know this mod is designed to be more geared towards fulfilling the needs of the competitive community, but I'd really appreciate the option to turn off flashlight atmospherics, leaving the other atmospherics turned on. I just really like the look of atmospherics, but the flashlight's strong fog-blast has made it un-playable.

All you would need to change (I think) is in Marine_Client.lua, line number 257. Change that from 0.2 to 0. Hmm... if you're feeling really generous, maybe an option to tone down all the other atmospherics on the maps? (ie "atmospherics multiplier: 0-1").
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    Mendasp wrote: »
    - Added infestation radius to Cyst dropping.

omgyes finally
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    I know this mod is designed to be more geared towards fulfilling the needs of the competitive community, but I'd really appreciate the option to turn off flashlight atmospherics, leaving the other atmospherics turned on. I just really like the look of atmospherics, but the flashlight's strong fog-blast has made it un-playable.

All you would need to change (I think) is in Marine_Client.lua, line number 257. Change that from 0.2 to 0. Hmm... if you're feeling really generous, maybe an option to tone down all the other atmospherics on the maps? (ie "atmospherics multiplier: 0-1").
    I made it really easy to add options a bit back, so a slider for the flashlight atmospherics is super easy to do.
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Could you make the message about a mod having been updated repeat itself every two minutes or so? I only saw it once last night during a round. When some players left the server got half empty and noone understood why because they missed the warning.
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited April 2014
  • ball2hiball2hi Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163128Members
    NeXuS wrote: »
    As long as it's toggleable. Don't think I'd be happy with that mod on +16 player servers.

• WellWell Join Date: 2006-10-04 Member: 58054Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Added infestation radius to Cyst dropping.
    What about displaying mines explosion radius at deploy for first-person?
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited April 2014
    NeXuS wrote: »
    Not for now, and certainly not without the consent of the author.
    SupaFred wrote: »
    Could you make the message about a mod having been updated repeat itself every two minutes or so? I only saw it once last night during a round. When some players left the server got half empty and noone understood why because they missed the warning.
    Yeah, I've done it, it will repeat the message every 5 minutes in the next version. I'm thinking that I should let server admins tweak the check interval and the repeat interval, though.
    Well wrote: »
    Added infestation radius to Cyst dropping.
    What about displaying mines explosion radius at deploy for first-person?
    I don't think the features are similar. Mines do not have a simple radius, either, they have a damage falloff, which is 3D and it depends on LoS to determine if it does damage, etc, so a circle won't cut it. I'm afraid I can't implement this. Sorry.

Also, I've added that flashlight atmospherics slider. For the next version. Coming soon!
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts

I made it really easy to add options a bit back, so a slider for the flashlight atmospherics is super easy to do.

I don't understand. Are you saying that's something the server admins configure? What options ns2+ has?

I don't understand. Are you saying that's something the server admins configure? What options ns2+ has?

What? I literally mean that adding an option like that is super easy for me now, and as I have posted later I got it done already. I didn't mention admins at all in that post.

I do mention admins in another one, but for the mod updater check intervals.
    edited April 2014
    - When a mod update is found, the message will get repeated every 5 minutes until map restart.
    - Reworked friends highlighting again, in a better way this time. (Thanks remi.D!)
    - Added flashlight atmospherics slider. Available in the Misc. tab.
    - The Minimal GUI setting now also removes the background of the main menu.
    - Fixed bug where having the map ambient sounds enabled would make the mod not play the hitsounds.
    - Fixed bug where stats wouldn't show up on round end.

I'll be adding server options for the mod updater later today.

What? I literally mean that adding an option like that is super easy for me now, and as I have posted later I got it done already. I didn't mention admins at all in that post.

I do mention admins in another one, but for the mod updater check intervals.

Oh I see I see. You said it would be super easy to do, so I thought you were implying I should be able to do it myself.
    - Added flashlight atmospherics slider. Available in the Misc. tab.

AWESOME!!!
  • WellWell Join Date: 2006-10-04 Member: 58054Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2014
    Mendasp, can you add new options:
    1. Reduce some too noisy sounds (I hate sound of "turn on power" in room. I can't hear anything at this moment.).
    2. Turn off "selecting marine" for commander by mouse click. Comment: If I try to do medspam, after first med pack I select marine and I can't drop medpack again. Need to press E+S for medspam every time. Marines selecting can be possible by mouse area select.
  • halfofaheavenhalfofaheaven Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168660Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold
    Well wrote: »
    Mendasp, can you add new options:
    1. Reduce some too noisy sounds (I hate sound of "turn on power" in room. I can't hear anything at this moment.).
    This. Soooo much this. I have never understood why the "power on" sound is seemingly originating from the player's head instead of from the power node.

Also it would be nice to be able to disable any non-player radio sounds. Build, waypoint, defend and so on.

Mendasp, could you add some a cross-hairs in your mod as new option. The cross-hairs should be changing size, color and e.t.c.
    edited April 2014
    - Tweaked Lerk spikes tracers and Infantry Portal spawning particles for Minimal particles setting.
    - Menu open sound will now use the user's game sound volume.
    - Added server configurable options. Type sv_plus if you have the appropriate permissions for more information. You can also edit NS2PlusServerConfig.json.
    - Solved problem where the Death Stats UI would still show up when alive (beacon, respawning with cheats, etc).
    - Added Death Stats UI toggle (Fully disabled/Only request menu/Enabled). You can still access the stats, if partially enabled, by holding the request menu button (default: X).
    - Respawn cheat commands now always spawn the player in first person view.
    - Added ingame news webpage.

I have added a donation link in the first page of the thread and that is the only place where such a button will reside, I don't do this for money or anything, so it's if you really REALLY REALLY want to donate. Please do not donate if you think I will be more prone to implementing things you want to see, because that's not happening.

Anyways, with the ingame news it should be easier for me to communicate changes to players that never come to the forums...

As always, let me know if there's bugs, etc. and I'll try to address them ASAP.
    Found a small bug. If you turn up "flashlight atmospherics" (no idea why you would do such an insane thing, but bear with me here) it turns it up for the 1st person flashlight as well.

Also, if I may push my luck here, could we get a slider for all the other atmospherics? I like them, but there's just some maps that went really overboard with them in some areas, like Crevice on Summit. Not sure if this would be best as a "max value" or a multiplier... but probably multiplier.
    Found a small bug. If you turn up "flashlight atmospherics" (no idea why you would do such an insane thing, but bear with me here) it turns it up for the 1st person flashlight as well.

Also, if I may push my luck here, could we get a slider for all the other atmospherics? I like them, but there's just some maps that went really overboard with them in some areas, like Crevice on Summit. Not sure if this would be best as a "max value" or a multiplier... but probably multiplier.

Oh wow, that was an embarrasing bug actually. Just published a fix for it.

I can take a look at the map atmospherics, but it's not as straightforward as the flashlights from what I can remember...
  • kmgkmg Join Date: 2008-02-28 Member: 63758Members
    On behalf of the entire competitive community I would like to thank you for what is probably the most important contribution anybody has ever made to competitive NS2.
    edited April 2014
    I just updated today to fix an issue where some players would find their menu would lock up and had to restart after trying to open options in the menu sometimes.
    kmg wrote: »
    On behalf of the entire competitive community I would like to thank you for what is probably the most important contribution anybody has ever made to competitive NS2.
    What about the NSL maps? :(
  • ball2hiball2hi Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163128Members
    edited April 2014
    Woot!
    [Large Image]]
    What am I looking at here? The cyst or the "upgrades" next to people's icons for spectators.
    EDIT: Nvm, someone told me. Looks good.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2014

I actgually like the first person flashlight atmospherics on a subtle level. Not a high level though, that is too distracting.
    edited April 2014
    Disappointing update compared to the previous one but:

- Fixed bug where Escape key wouldn't work when hovering over the news page.
    - Fixed news showing up behind main menu graphics.
    - Properly disabled background graphics in main menu under Minimal GUI setting.

The moral of this update is: Disable all your other mods when testing your own mod.
  • Taz-Taz- Australia Join Date: 2003-11-26 Member: 23597Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2014
    In the last few days (can't pin it exactly down to a release, sorry) I've noticed that sporadically, my framerate would drop from the normal 70-100 to <30, which is unplayable. I had thought this was random but last night realised I can reproduce it as it happens the first time I open the menu ingame. Instantly my FPS drops to 30 maximum, and stays below that until I restart the game.

The interesting this is this only happens in servers with NS2+. I can open the menu in unmodded servers without issue. That said, I haven't been able to find a server with JUST NS2+ and no other mods so I can't 100% blame it. I feel the fact that it hooks into the menu makes it the #1 culprit though. Is there a server somewhere with just NS2+ I can test with? Additionally, nothing appears in console or anywhere else to attempt to work out why it happens..

EDIT: Actually - I can confirm this to be NS2+. Just started a training server with only NS2+ enabled and reproduced the issue, then started one without it and confirmed the issue was not present.