The Post Your Screenshots Thread!

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I demand to see more from @Joseppe !
  • Vert^Vert^ Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181227Members
    edited December 2013
    A new build will finally be pubbed for prison, just in time for scc testing on sunday ^^ Facelifted marine start.

cc7BqPU.jpg

kfVLVoL.jpg
  • [=Alex=][=Alex=] Join Date: 2008-12-25 Member: 65866Members, Squad Five Blue
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    [=Alex=] wrote: »
    ns2_co_sava

FF04552DB9711BAA95E85B9C7D21514FDC0F9325

F05D28D9A4BCE6978EAE7BF00DB2F0EB1A16E2CD

Is that water, or what am I looking at here?
    Yes, it is water ... A material called biodome_water_refract.material

It is applied in a regular face ... here it is again:

F9515CE92EB22B972137C5FDAFAF4250240157D6
  • Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members
    Some progress, very WIP

co_core35b.jpg
    cca 15 hours of work later

co_core36b.jpg
    Rudy.cz wrote: »
    cca 15 hours of work later

co_core36b.jpg

Dammit rudy! You're making us all look bad!
    @Rudy.cz Looks really awesome!! :D
  • JoseppeJoseppe Join Date: 2012-01-21 Member: 141497Members
    Stopped working with Spark Editor since 4 months...

Joseppe wrote: »
    Stopped working with Spark Editor since 4 months...

But but... you're back NOW right???? RIGHT??????? [-O<

Awesome stuff!
    edited February 2014
    Playing around with spark editor ...
    l4u4.jpg1cto.jpgsc3l.jpglvom.jpgrqcd.jpg

edited February 2014
    Surveillance on ns2_prison, early WiP!! Hoping to finalize this section today, so I can get to work on the remaining 50% of the area over the weekend, hopefully make a playtest this or next sunday ^^
    Editor_2014_02_27_02_14_05_16.jpg

Editor_2014_02_27_02_14_19_74.jpg

Editor_2014_02_27_02_14_38_29.jpg

Editor_2014_02_27_02_14_58_42.jpg
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2014
    that looks familiar :D Alex
    edited April 2014
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    @Joseppe That looks great. You should create a new thread for it.

So... where can we get this tool to try it out? ;)
    edited April 2014
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    A style I'm playing with for a future map

11hffy0.jpg
    PCxfHHb.jpg

Could everyone please direct their eyes to the upper right hand corner of his screenshot? Feel free to pick your jaws up off the ground after seeing the vert count there. :D I think you've got more verts there than all the stock maps combined!
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    PCxfHHb.jpg

Could everyone please direct their eyes to the upper right hand corner of his screenshot? Feel free to pick your jaws up off the ground after seeing the vert count there. :D I think you've got more verts there than all the stock maps combined!

I dont care its AWESOME i want to play it
    edited July 2014
    462de70b8ed0a2f26d6a56051606b8.jpg

A new challenger appears!

If you have any idea what to put into those empty spots in the bottom right corner... ideas are appreciated. My brain has already used all it's creativity for this week. And I want this greybox to be done Sunday. :\
    I'd say make something more simple, you got a lot of corridors creating loops in the map as well as bringing their corresponding rooms into sound / arc range. Try limiting 2nd routes and create a map more in the traditional wheel style. You can break the rules like Kodiak and others, but it's got to be for a clear design goal, looking at that overview right now ( I know it's not even finished ), I can only tell that it will be somewhat confusing and convoluted.

Sorry if that came off really harsh, but I recieved these words about prison myself, and it turned out for the better in the end, I even had an area called maze in my original version of prison ^^
    edited July 2014
    Vert^ wrote: »
    I'd say make something more simple, you got a lot of corridors creating loops in the map as well as bringing their corresponding rooms into sound / arc range. Try limiting 2nd routes and create a map more in the traditional wheel style. You can break the rules like Kodiak and others, but it's got to be for a clear design goal, looking at that overview right now ( I know it's not even finished ), I can only tell that it will be somewhat confusing and convoluted.

Sorry if that came off really harsh, but I recieved these words about prison myself, and it turned out for the better in the end, I even had an area called maze in my original version of prison ^^

No, thanks for the feedback. The thing with maze was just a joke as it really looks a bit confusing, it's not the name for the finished version :D

I noticed the thing with the corridors, too, and it does indeed induce claustrophobia a bit atm. I check everything for ARC ranges and run times, though, so don't worry about that. (For example, Shaft South will not be directly arcable from Station Overview. I ensured that.)

Take a look at this:

df312f45d1633f1b6f662388feb045.jpg

The red bars is where the minimap drew a floor where actually are walls. (This removes the would-be Train - South Shaft loop from the minimap. I think that's the main reason the map looks loop-ish.) The green bar is an entrance I'm going to scrap. (And I'm going to move the entrance south to it further up.) (.... aaand, in fact, I just noticed that Pipe room should not actually be connected to Reception but to Train Station, because I'm going for a Descent-ish layout*. Oops. Well, your feedback has been helpful already. :D)

Looks a bit better now, I hope? :D
    Yeah, I know, corridors. Make rooms, not corridors. I'm doing my best. I do have a design goal, although it's more about aesthetics: I intend to create a "behind the scenes" look. This is the upper level of a research station (more about lore some time later), where visitors/newbies initially arrive. They only see the shiny and glossy facade (Descent/Docking's Terminal/East wing sort of look; in not!skylights, security, reception, passage, elevator, shaft, train station, some others). Behind that there's the gritty Refinery-ish background that keeps everything together (Pipe Room, various unnamed rooms, Stairs, parts of not!maze).
    Do you know how the interior of the Tantive IV looks? Sortof like that.

I'm still looking for some inspiration for the rooms in the triangle between shaft and the eastern and southern TP, though...
    Note that I try to make the rooms fit together thematically. So, no medbays next to cafeterias :D

edit: Oh, and the crossed out stuff in the top-right is background geometry. So, no oversized RT rooms ;)

*edit2: routes so far strictly like Descent (well, save for that pipe room mistake)
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I intend to create a "behind the scenes" look. This is the upper level of a research station (more about lore some time later), where visitors/newbies initially arrive. They only see the shiny and glossy facade (Descent/Docking's Terminal/East wing sort of look; in not!skylights, security, reception, passage, elevator, shaft, train station, some others). Behind that there's the gritty Refinery-ish background that keeps everything together (Pipe Room, various unnamed rooms, Stairs, parts of not!maze).
    A while back I was sketching out some ideas for a trade market map for which I also planned a shiny visitors/customers half, offset against the grimy facility employees half. There's some fun contrasts to be built with that. :D
    edited July 2014
    I intend to create a "behind the scenes" look. This is the upper level of a research station (more about lore some time later), where visitors/newbies initially arrive. They only see the shiny and glossy facade (Descent/Docking's Terminal/East wing sort of look; in not!skylights, security, reception, passage, elevator, shaft, train station, some others). Behind that there's the gritty Refinery-ish background that keeps everything together (Pipe Room, various unnamed rooms, Stairs, parts of not!maze).
    A while back I was sketching out some ideas for a trade market map for which I also planned a shiny visitors/customers half, offset against the grimy facility employees half. There's some fun contrasts to be built with that. :D

I'm fairly sure you stole my idea via time travel and telepathy.

I WILL SUE YOU!!!

edit: Oh, and any idea what to put into the bottom right corner, thematically? Any input appreciated.

Map is postponed till next sunday, btw.
    edited July 2014
    I dont care its AWESOME i want to play it
    Download: ns2_untitled.level (not finished / not playable)

@Joseppe I've taken a look. Are you still working on it? Because it's really, really awesome.