*NEW* Server ElitePro 500+hr

Comments

• KingKahuna[KKG]™KingKahuna[KKG]™ Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9507Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Kalabalana wrote: »
    2cough wrote: »
    Nightbug wrote: »
    This is the worst idea for a server that I have ever heard in my life.

Why? A server exclusively for people w/ plenty of experience to play w/ other people w/ plenty of experience so as to avoid playing frustrating games w/ people w/ hardly any experience sounds like a decent enough idea to me.

I notice extra lagging late game that I didn't used to see on the servers until recent patches, webadmin? Maybe

And 2 cough, I know what you mean, I was on the server for the last time when gibs had some patch on where he wasn't taking damage as skulk - that's a no-go from me

Ouch, admin using god mode during game. That's never good.
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    And 2 cough, I know what you mean, I was on the server for the last time when gibs had some patch on where he wasn't taking damage as skulk - that's a no-go from me

I've been there when he's done that and he never actually does damage to anyone and from what I've seen its in a joking manner for a min or so. I've activated it once on myself on his server as well testing some bug for 60 seconds. Its never actually abused in the server.
  • GibsGibs Join Date: 2013-09-25 Member: 188455Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Diamond, Subnautica Playtester

Everybody knows how much you loved to use NSAdmin :)
  • KingKahuna[KKG]™KingKahuna[KKG]™ Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9507Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    current1y wrote: »

I've been there when he's done that and he never actually does damage to anyone and from what I've seen its in a joking manner for a min or so. I've activated it once on myself on his server as well testing some bug for 60 seconds. Its never actually abused in the server.

lol the spin continues.
    edited March 2014
    Gibs wrote: »

Everybody knows how much you loved to use NSAdmin :)

I had 30 NS servers during that time period. I can only play on one server at a time. If it had not been for my testing new features with NSAdmin, we wouldn't have had health on armories, teleports for marines, and other nice goodies you see standard in NS2 now.

Yes, indeed I used NSAdmin's features. I asked for every little feature it provided, including flares, *MY* BFG, lerk lift, res sharing, and other Kahunastrator goodies. In addition, it was an awesome tool to catch aim botters, wall hackers, and other game cheaters. I make no apologies for it what so ever. If we (voogru and myself) had not produced such a product, we might not have what we have in NS2 today. Just a thought.

That's completely different from an admin using, and allowing other users to use god mode during actual game play. Especially, given the fact, that server owner only has 1 server, and when multiple admins running around with God Mode; doesn't provide for very fair game play. I think my use of WebAdmin (which I have never explained how we use it, nor will I discuss), supersedes the use of cheating during a game.

Getting back on topic: Starting this weekend, we'll begin daily, and weekend events on Hive 2 (500+hrs). There will be daily "gathers", and other surprises we'll announce on our website. Invites will be from our Steam Group, which anyone can join. The gathers, and "secret" events will be posted there, with times to begin. We will give away prizes for winners, and regular participants. We look forward to seeing you there!
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2014
    fgGoVBF.jpg
    How ironic.

Also good luck with the Event. Looks like the server has sat empty the last 10 days so that seems like a good plan to try and get some rounds played. ~50% of the 50 rounds played right now is under 10 mins.
    edited March 2014
    current1y wrote: »
    fgGoVBF.jpg
    How ironic.

Also good luck with the Event. Looks like the server has sat empty the last 10 days so that seems like a good plan to try and get some rounds played. ~50% of the 50 rounds played right now is under 10 mins.

Thank you. Cya there. Just so you know, this will mean the 250+hr server will be empty. With player base shrinking rapidly, we never expected to fill them all. We intend to use them in different ways.

That last stat shows the power of playing with experienced players, doesn't it.
  • GibsGibs Join Date: 2013-09-25 Member: 188455Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Diamond, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2014

Not quite sure what you mean by this. Are you trying to say that higher level games typically last under 10 minutes? Please do explain.

Thank you. Cya there.

I don't think you'll be seeing current1y there, since you have him banned. :p

Not quite sure what you mean by this. Are you trying to say that higher level games typically last under 10 minutes? Please do explain.

Thank you. Cya there.

I don't think you'll be seeing current1y there, since you have him banned. :p

No need trying to explain. You wouldn't get it.

Great point. You and currently can use God Mode on your server while we have our own events going on. You can call it, "Playing with each other" on Gibs Gorge Hut. lol
    Your vast knowledge overwhelms me. If only I could be intelligent enough to understand such complicated subject matter.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester

No need trying to explain. You wouldn't get it.

scratch-head03-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000416-design.gif
  • ball2hiball2hi Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163128Members
    edited March 2014
    I've very rarely played on your servers, more/less to test out a mod when all the other servers are full. I don't like servers with over 18, much less 20.
    fsad
    When I joined the community(NS2) I immediately heard nothing but bad things about you, lots of drama. Regardless of whether those things are true or not, your posts here and what you've said definitely do not help your case. Hearing rumors, and just from reading your posts, I'd never play on a server ran by someone like you, regardless of whether your server had better registration/ping/flow.

EDIT: I guess they aren't just rumors.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2014
    Ironhorse! You are ban!

King acknowledged your post! He even AWESOME'd it!
    Wait he awesome'd it? o_O What the fck does that even mean in this context?
    Abusing awesome flag.
  • NightbugNightbug New Mexico Join Date: 2013-11-07 Member: 189091Members

That all being said, I'm finished with you Gibs. You sir have a nice day. I'll not respond to any other messages from you.

Hey, KingKahuna two questions. Why do you continue to talk with Gibs after posting this? Also how is your server idea actually holding up?
    Haven't seen a single post talking about if this idea actually worked out.
    So I created an account on your website, and this came up after roughly five minutes
    FV1lqrR.jpg
  • ball2hiball2hi Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163128Members
    edited March 2014
    V348OZl.png?1
    >current1y
    That was very subtle, but unneeded. I laughed though.
  • NightbugNightbug New Mexico Join Date: 2013-11-07 Member: 189091Members
    edited March 2014
    So I created an account on your website, and this came up after roughly five minutes
    FV1lqrR.jpg
    This happened to me as well, also what's up with this?
    vPbMf1S.png
    So if anybody is banned by KingKahuna (or any of his Admins) in NS2, they will not be able to write any sort of request to appeal their ban. Nice.
  • JuCCiJuCCi Join Date: 2011-08-08 Member: 114961Members, NS2 Map Tester
    So i havnt been around in a long!!!!!!!!!! time, but this is good stuff. King that ego seems to be still growing..... I hope people wake up about this guy.
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    Ok, so opinions aside currently most popular NS2 hosting is as following (right now)

5 KKG servers full (80+ players)
    WOOZAs Full (41)
    IBIS 18 combat 20 NS2 (38)
    UWE 3 servers less then 12 each (34)

Why when the community is already so incredibly small and dwindling do we have people going around bashing people who are hosting the largest individual player base. While I understand people have problems with king why is it necessary to publicly attack a person who seems to be trying to keep this game alive. If you dont like his server dont play there its simple.

I personally was banned from all KKG servers last year, at which point I didnt care and simply played on other servers. After a few months it got annoying to not be able to play on populated servers so I talked with King on team speak. He placed me on "probation" and 2 months later I was a KKG admin.

So yes I still dont know why I was banned... but im guessing the reason I am no longer banned is because I did the "adult" thing and went to him and ask instead of bitching to the world. This childish finger pointing is one more reason this game is dieing (thankfully this forum died faster then the game so only 20 people will read this crap)

But hey its the interweb, whats there to do but point fingers and bitch.
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    God this is even better than the Fana's essay over his 10 minute Twitch timeout.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2014
    maD_maX_ wrote: »
    I did the "adult" thing and went to him and ask instead of bitching to the world.
    I guess you haven't been tracking current events..
    So if anybody is banned by KingKahuna (or any of his Admins) in NS2, they will not be able to write any sort of request to appeal their ban. Nice.

King bans users who uphold forum rules and policies that he agreed to when signing on to post on said forums. (you may notice i had to register a new name just to respond)
    Then when you go to repeal being unbanned, he bans you from his forums and in other's case, TS3.. so there's absolutely zero way to do "the adult thing"..
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    I never did like KKG web-site had a lot of issues with it myself... BUT for those of you who do honestly want to try and get your ban lifted I would suggest you load up Teamspeak and join KKG and actually talk to him. Granted this probably wont help some of the more vocal persons who have bashed on him and his servers, but for some who knows (it worked for me)

Oh, and a bit of humility goes a long way whether you like it or not his servers are some of the most active servers and not being able to play on them... Well not playing on a KKG server does limit your options...

Though to be honest, I think all of this is kinda a moot point, this game is dieing which is very sad... As I played NS1 and NS2 and.... oh wait i havnt played any other games since NS1... the only game I played before NS1 was starcraft (shareware).... Ah yes the starcraft shareware games, Byways and EZ-Loader... Oh well, I guess when this game dies off my wife will be happy.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    +1 for what @maD_maX_‌ said. Do we really need more schisms dividing this already dwindling player base? This whole thread has turned into 1-upping, tech-bashing, "cool kids vs. cool kids" mess. It's pretty childish on all party's accounts. Makes me feel like if I were to play at KKG serv, I wouldn't be welcomed elsewhere and vice verse, which is shit, as there's already so few places to play.

And people say the ns2 community is snobby and elitist. With derailed threads like this that get into such crap over splitting hairs, it's no wonder.
    edited March 2014
    maD_maX_ wrote: »
    I would suggest you load up Teamspeak and join KKG and actually talk to him.

I'd love to! But he banned me from TS too :(
  • JuCCiJuCCi Join Date: 2011-08-08 Member: 114961Members, NS2 Map Tester
    The only reason KKG server got off the ground is because I had personal life issues and stopped with my servers. He picked up where All-In left off. GG. Anyone can do what he is doing and better IF they want to put teh money up. Just make sure you ego isnt as big as his please. Just think of what his name means in teh first place. Keep feeding that ego everyone.
This discussion has been closed.