ns2_yakushima

13»

Comments

• ObliviousSightObliviousSight Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158306Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Have you switched off all your mods? And verified the cache integrity?
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Steam -> Verify files. If that doesn't work... Reinstall? (Better ask for help again, then :D)
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    I verified the files, everything ok :(

The only mods I had activated were two maps. Disabled them and Refinery started to load normaly, then suddenly the game aborts the loading process and throws me to the main menu with a "invalid data" error message o_O
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    m4d13e8a_1382266212
    m7404cfb_1361369010

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2\Workshop

I would find and remove those mods. If that fails to fix it then try below.

That error message normally happens when somthing is wrong with the lua code. If you are not running any mods / installed anything then the only thing that might work is reinstalling the game since you already attempted to verify the files.
    Removing the mods helped. So publishing the old maps with the new publisher failed... How is that even possible? I had no problem to load the map before the publishing. How can a mere map mod **** up the whole ns2? I hate this ****! NS2 finds so many ways to annoy me, it's unbelievable.

The launcher created a game_setup.xml. I can only think of that as a troublemaker, but it looks fine:
    <game>
    <name>ns2</name>
    <description>ns2_yakushima</description>
    <client>lua/ModClient.lua</client>
    <predict>lua/ModPredict.lua</predict>
    <server>lua/ModServer.lua</server>
    <loading>lua/ModLoading.lua</loading>
    </game>

I could try to publish the map as a new mod, but I would love to keep the old one since there are almost 2k subscribers...
    I noticed a lua folder in the source folder. It is empty and doesn't appear in the output folder. Do I have to add a crazy lua file in the folder in order to make a simple map mod work?
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I don't think so. A map mod usually (= it works for everyone else but me) contains only the map file and the overview files.
    edited October 2013
    I deleted the roaming workshop folder, deleted an old mod folder in ns2 as well and redownloaded every mod. Now I have yakushima again and I can load every map I want without problems. I bet tomorrow it's broken again ;)

Can someone please test yakushima 1.007 and tell me if the map is fine and loading custom sounds/textures? My workshop page is from time to time unavailable and discussions are "deleted by author" and 2 secs again available (didn't delete anything). Maybe I was angry at ns2 for no reason at all and the fault lies at steam. I don't know and that is frustrating as well ^^

(steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=80821898)
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Did you remove the game setup xml? when you were publishing. I think if you leave that file in the game thinks its a mod not a map mod. I think it was build (quite a few patches ago) that added a new way of publishing
    edited October 2013
    I have a modinfo and a game_setup file in the output folder/published. The builder placed it there...should I delete it then?

edit: if I delete the file and publish the mod again. Will steam overwrite the existing mod or just replace older files and keep the game_setup file?
    I have a modinfo and a game_setup file in the output folder/published. The builder placed it there...should I delete it then?

edit: if I delete the file and publish the mod again. Will steam overwrite the existing mod or just replace older files and keep the game_setup file?

You should delete it. I think steam will overwrite the whole mod.
    Ok, I will try that. Tanks a lot for the answers guys!
    I had a small playtest yesterday and the map was stable. No crash in sight! And I found two things to improve. Playing with other players and testing the map alone are two completely different stories ;)

There is a spot in Hangar where Exos can get trapped if they fall down and if you build too much stuff in Pump Station, arcs can get stuck there. I plan to fix those two things in the next version. Thats all for now :D
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I would like to see how this map plays with 24+ players.
    Because I think 6 TPs are too many for the usual playercount up to let's say 18-20. Too easy for the aliens to get the third hive. On bigger servers though, it could minimize the marine high playercount advantage that they get cause of their ranged weapons.
    Update to 1.008

I made some adjustments for build 264 (why do I have to fix the nav_mesh all the time, srsly).
    - Fixed some nav_mesh problems near excavation.

- Added a second path for arcs etc. in pumpstation (over the mining-cart) and smoothed out some pathing issues. Parts of the catwalk are now CommanderInvisible for better structure placement near the CC.

- Fixed two places where Exos could not get out again.

- Small texture changes.

- Added a few more lights.

- Removed the powernodes in Observation and Old Passage. The places are not linked to the rest of the map's nav_mesh and building is impossible at the moment.

- Removed some objects that were in the line of sight of commanders.

- Fixed a texture related error message (refinery_arrows_01)

I have no problems running it on a listen server. Only this error appears in the console again:
    "Error: No value was supplied for field 'emissiveMap' in material 'materials/effects/distort.material" Someone know what entity could be the cause? o.O

@The_Welsh_Wizard If the map runs stable under 264, it might find it's way to a 40 player server. The map can only improve if people give some feedback and that would be a great chance :D I wonder how 20vs20 will play out.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Nav mesh bug = invalid triangles
    Hmm, the log says that there are 71 invalid triangles. Never read that before. Does that mean I have to check every face in the map? That would be a lot of work or is it related to the nav_mesh creation as in 'the corridor is too small for a nav_mesh calculation etc.? There is no spark tool that could possibly help me with that, right?

The map seems to load just fine onto a server, but if you join it "files do not match" messages pop up. Could that be a workshop issue? I whish I could solve all the ns2 puzzles without annoying you all ^_^'
    Honorguard semms to have the same problem. Why does it work fine on a listen server, but aas soon as its on a server, it causes problems. I am tired of fixing the maps every 10 builds or so...
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Invalid triangles is usually caused by copy + pasting faces. All you have to do is save, close, exit the editor, open the editor, open the map, save again, then close.
    Ah, you mean the gigantic big triangle that works its way through the map? Would be a possibility, but I haven't seen it yet. have to doublecheck. Forgot about that demon :D thx
    edited March 2014
    Nope, everything is saved correctly...

edit: Or not. The editor just torn apart an old vent (didn't touch it or its vicinity, just added a few faces to CommanderInvisible) without creating a gigantic chaos triangle in the map. It was just gone and the props remained. If you think you know all the damn bugs of the editor, it slaps you in the face. I thought the editor would get more love after release. A shame it is still a horrific working place.
    edited March 2014
    Hotfix after hotfix xD

1.008c

- Reduced the volume of the custom sounds by 50%.

- Fixed a small gap in a wall.

- Deleted an outdated small and sneaky prop. Hope that fixes some loading errors.
    Is anyone experiencing problems hosting the map on a server right now? I loaded the map, but it worked correctly - can't find a problem.

I got a message with following informations:
    "i use linux dedicated server, and the map spams echo with such stuff

Loading 'maps/ns2_yakushima.level'
    WARNING: Corrected case of '/home/steam/ns2/server/ns2/materials/eclipse/Eclipse_Hallway_02_D4.material'
    WARNING: Corrected case of '/home/steam/ns2/server/ns2/materials/eclipse/Eclipse_Hallway_02_D4.material'
    WARNING: Corrected case of '/home/steam/ns2/server/ns2/materials/eclipse/eclipse_Main_Area_A_B1.material'
    WARNING: Corrected case of '/home/steam/ns2/server/ns2/materials/eclipse/eclipse_Main_Area_A_B1.material'
    also, it cannot find some effects files

on client, on windows, it spams console with
    Error: Shader is missing technique for rendering a light"

Since I created the map way before eclipse, it is also unlikely that yakushima is causing such errors. Could that be a general problem?
    Did the server admind set up the server incorrectly?
  • Alpha WingAlpha Wing Join Date: 2013-01-05 Member: 177673Members
    I'm having the same problem I think, my server can't load this map.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Looking at the last message in this thread, it may have been outdated for a while now.
    Update to map version 1.009:

I added the pathing mesh for the fastload option and fixed the RT in Pump Station. Somehow it was not connected to the pathing mesh anymore. :o

If you know from other bugs, please let me know.
  • BabblerKingBabblerKing Join Date: 2015-07-12 Member: 206120Members
    Rolled out version 1.01

BabblerKing did a great job on reporting me some problems. I fixed some of them. A few, like stuck spots and invalid faces, were critical. Since I don't really play ns2 anymore, I had no idea about them. Thanks BK!

Is it possible to make his post visible? It could encourage a discussion.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2015
    :) !!! Can't wait to play it! Got any new screenshots for us?
    I only fixed some problems which magically appeared and added a few props. The map looks like it always did - no screenshots needed. I think about changing the area around the hive a bit. But I lack gameplay experience. That makes it difficult to tell what should be changed.