What Is Your Weakness?

Comments

• cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    king_yo wrote: »
    My teammates. Fuc king noobs.

Oh come on don't be like that.
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2014
    coolitic wrote: »
    Oh come on don't be like that.
    ^^^This guy is oblivious.

Snails OP. Plz nerf.
    Am I not getting something?
    Weakness... team full of toaster pc's.
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    King_yo plays for Legendary Snails...the team that won the World Championship......if that clears it up.
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2014
    I refuse to get an obs, some times even against shade hive openings. Upgrades and catpacks ftw.

I demand too much from my team mates, I can't bring myself to say, what I perceive to be, obvious things.

My PC is shit.
  • dusterduster michigan, US Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193329Members
    Consistency and keeping cool. Would get too excited and get 5% accuracy or accidentally beacon or something.
    NeXuS wrote: »
    King_yo plays for Legendary Snails...the team that won the World Championship......if that clears it up.

I facepalmed so hard. I feel kind of dumb now lol.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Oooh someone in that high a div has as good a accuracy with shotty as I do? :D
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    _mod wrote: »
    Pistol aim. Using my index finger on 'w'.

I DO THAT TOO, just found out it was weird less than a year ago :[

• littleevilwolflittleevilwolf Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180231Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    listening i have to be told the same thing up to 10 times. my memory does not help at all.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Not listening to splits since I tend to tune everyone out until I see the Game-Start countdown....

And how the hell do you use your index finger for "w" frozen?
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    joshhh wrote: »

Yeh wtf picture plz, show us your deformed-freak-hands.

• GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    I have a soft spot for bacon.
  • FreevoiFreevoi England Join Date: 2003-10-21 Member: 21847Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Consistency and not trusting the players when i command public games.
  • robp93robp93 UK Join Date: 2014-01-08 Member: 192767Members, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2014
    Hallucinations :O Granted, spotting a hallucination is easy when it's alone and say, a skulk/lerk/gorge, but when used correctly, i.e part of a big ball of aliens, I cannae cope D:
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Going to sleep.
    Apparently you will get violated by Syknik if he finds you passed out.

too true
    Another weakness: When gorges trick me into cuddling them.
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mines.

Too bad skulks cant wield gravity guns, would totally decimate the marines with their own mines and nades. That'll show those gl spammers! =D
  • _mod_mod New Zealand Join Date: 2013-11-01 Member: 188922Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited March 2014
    mattji104 wrote: »
    _mod wrote: »
    Pistol aim. Using my index finger on 'w'.

I DO THAT TOO, just found out it was weird less than a year ago :[
    Together we'll form the Church of the Index! After they see our posse they'll never weird us again. :3

CCTEE wrote: »

Yeh wtf picture plz, show us your deformed-freak-hands.

Okay so I wasn't asked but:
    Index on 'w', pinky on 'shift', middle on 'a', thumb on 'd' and the inner knuckle of my thumb spazzing out on 'space'

One weakness I've noticed more as I'm breaking away from it is pressing 'c' waay more than needed to the point that I found myself spamming it while duelling. Might be related to my hand position, luckily I don't seem to it as much now.

• ball2hiball2hi Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163128Members
    60hz monitor. Might as well type kill into console as soon as I see a Lerk figure-8'ing towards me.
    What's wrong with 60hz monitor? I often overclock mine to 75, but just to make it look nicer. At 60hz I see no problems.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    What's wrong with 60hz monitor? I often overclock mine to 75, but just to make it look nicer. At 60hz I see no problems.

Tearing, ghosting, motion blur, you name it.

• ball2hiball2hi Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163128Members
    Try aiming at a Lerk that knows how to juke while biting you. The only way I've successfully pushed a Lerk out that does this is by holding M1 and aiming to the best of my ability until my bullets run out. So far, I usually get 90 - 120 on that Lerk. It's up to them though if they want to dive on me with my pistol left over.
    edited April 2014

Tearing, ghosting, motion blur, you name it.

Higher refresh rates don't fix tearing, unless you set it high enough that your gpu cant't keep up, but that causes frame latency, which is even worse for gameplay (and why frame caps are used).

Ghosting and "motion blur" are the same thing, and most good 60hz monitors do not have much of it. Also, some higher refresh rate monitors can have it too.

Gameplay-wise I find 60hz good enough, but higher refresh rates look smoother in terms of eye-candy.