NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)

Comments

• MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited February 2014
    Updated, should be fixed now, it was a silly mistake, I tested with everything that I could think do damage and completely forgot about ARCs... I'm really sorry guys!
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    I am not sure we can forgive this transgression against humanity, mendasp...
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    this volume seems great.
  • AiorosAioros Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14850Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    this game would be unplayable without you mendasp <3
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Updated:
    Exos show only armor value in Minimal Nameplates/Exo HUD (since they don't have health)
    Parasited friendlies (players or structures) will use a different font color in nameplates (yellow)
    Added new option to disable friends highlighting in the minimap/nameplates (chud_friends)
    Moved biomass display to avoid overlap with game timer
  • WalsaWalsa Join Date: 2011-06-28 Member: 106813Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    Some times, before the game starts, the hud gets corrupted when seeing the scoreboard.

5E6974403ECD7DCC80B7D0E2CE98D18EEDB70034

its seems to work fine after the game starts
    edited February 2014
    If you could get me the log when that happens I could take a look, otherwise I can't do anything until it happens to me. Any other mods on the server?

The log is in %appdata%\Natural Selection 2\log.txt

Edit: I managed to reproduce it, it happens when there is a vote, the HUD seems to reset itself (?????????????????), I don't even touch the voting code...
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Seen it happen on servers without chud.
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, what I found is actually different since it doesn't make your screen look like that, it makes the HUD disappear and reappear, but the solution is even more bizarre... if I uncomment the code that hides the build number on the top left it doesn't do it anymore... and it's one line of code... :|

Edit: Fiddling around with it a bit more, when instead of hiding the element, I set the text to "" it recreates that garbled screen, this is amazing...

I'm going to disable that for now, but it makes zero sense.
    edited February 2014
    Does that server use Shine by chance? I got a log and apparently this is caused by Shine...
    Error: lua/shine/lib/gui/objects/label.lua:36: None of the overloads for GUIItem.SetText match the supplied arguments:
      GUIItem.SetText(GUIItem, cdata)
    Overloads:
      GUIItem.SetText(GUIItem self, string setText)
    [Client] Script Error #1: lua/shine/lib/gui/objects/label.lua:36: None of the overloads for GUIItem.SetText match the supplied arguments:
      GUIItem.SetText(GUIItem, cdata)
    Overloads:
      GUIItem.SetText(GUIItem self, string setText)

Call stack:
        #1: SetText [C]:-1
        #2: SetText lua/shine/lib/gui/objects/label.lua:36

28/02/2014 (Build 263):
    Fixed lifeform stat tracking (accuracy without Onos hits)
    Enabled Alien Vision switcher (chud_av). Switches between default and Huze's Old Alien Vision.
    Added marine upgrade level toggle (chud_uplvl). This enables or disables the weapon/armor level icons on the side of the marine HUD.
    Added classic ammo counter toggle (chud_classicammo). Adds an ammo counter on the lower right, like in classic FPS games. Based on Dragon's NS2c ammo display code.
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited February 2014
    Enabled Alien Vision switcher (chud_av). Switches between default and Huze's Old Alien Vision.

awww yis

edit: aw I thought this would be the minimal alien vision :(
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    rantology wrote: »

awww yis

owned
    edited March 2014
    rantology wrote: »

awww yis

Well I suppose I could make it multiple option with ease, this is one of the easiest pieces of code in the mod. Unload one, load the other. But I'd like to check with our NSL overlords to see if they're fine with two options.

Also:
    - Fixed friendly evolving players not showing player name
  • philoglphilogl Join Date: 2012-10-24 Member: 163529Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver
    The AusNS2 overlords say it's fine, what more do you need? :D
    philogl wrote: »
    I dunno, truckloads of money comes to mind pretty fast.
  • philoglphilogl Join Date: 2012-10-24 Member: 163529Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver
    Mendasp wrote: »
    philogl wrote: »
    I dunno, truckloads of money comes to mind pretty fast.

Hey now, I bought the Godar shoulder emblem, enjoy your 20 cents. You're welcome.
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2014
    @Mendasp, I've been using the chud_av command for Huze's Old Alien Vision but parasited marines have a very faint outline when AV is on. Is that a tweak you made or is that on Huze's end?

EDIT: Here's some images showing the difference.

This is on a normal server that allows custom AV without CHUD installed.
    ZYU2wHp.jpg

These two are on another server with CHUD installed.
    a9VtHDA.jpg
    eR5ql0k.jpg
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    Personally I would like to see minimal alien vision included also.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I can't play with old AV anymore lol. I'm too used to playing with default alien vision. Huze's minimal would be a good compromise between the two.
    edited March 2014
    I will try to add that for the next CHUD version, I will also take a look at the outline problem, not sure why it happens as my file is the same as Huze's...

Edit: Hello Commanders!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=234963672
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=234963647
  • GoldenGolden Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31169Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    Mendasp wrote: »
    I will try to add that for the next CHUD version, I will also take a look at the outline problem, not sure why it happens as my file is the same as Huze's...

Edit: Hello Commanders!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=234963672
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=234963647

Ah, but does it get rid of the dead zones?
    Only for the buttons to the side of the minimap I've removed, the rest acts the same.
    NeXuS wrote: »
    @Mendasp, I've been using the chud_av command for Huze's Old Alien Vision but parasited marines have a very faint outline when AV is on. Is that a tweak you made or is that on Huze's end?

EDIT: Here's some images showing the difference.

This is on a normal server that allows custom AV without CHUD installed.
    ZYU2wHp.jpg

These two are on another server with CHUD installed.
    a9VtHDA.jpg
    eR5ql0k.jpg

As expected, this was simple to fix, and I got it fixed, internally, but I will hold the update until I can get some more stuff in, such as a third option for AV, since people actually expected this one: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=98879398 instead of the one I included.

I also want to include some other relatively simple stuff I have in The List™.

Still wondering how to communicate changes better to players, ideally it'd be ingame, maybe the same the main menu uses for twitter, but in the readyroom? Dunno...
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    @‌Mendasp:

Maybe start using this http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/changelog/135458820 and open it in the steam overlay if client lays first time with new version ;)
    - 07/03/2014 (Build 263):
    - Added server tag "CHUD" (in the future this could allow searching for servers that run the mod).
    - Added third option to the Alien Vision switcher: Huze's Minimal AV (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=98879398).
    - Added hit indicator fade time (chud_hitindicator). Controls the time it takes for the crosshair hit indicator to fade out (between 0 and 1 - Default value: 1).
    - Added new command to disable automatic waypoints (chud_autowps). Disables the waypoints not given by the commander.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2014
    - Added hit indicator fade time (chud_hitindicator). Controls the time it takes for the crosshair hit indicator to fade out (between 0 and 1 - Default value: 1).
    YES!
    Been requested since something like may 2012... ty ty
    Really curious to see what some comp players think of the setting @ something like 0.25... I think the feedback is much better, tho i may want to change the color to hot pink or something that stands out a bit more if it goes any faster.

Also nice to have Huze's minimal AV be allowed for everyone ;)
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    getting to the point where chud should have a seperate section in the menus. General getting a bit crowded.
    So, I have released a small mod that lists servers running CHUD in the server browser as I have also updated CHUD to support this.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=236685163

The reason why this mod exists is because CHUD code only loads after you're IN the server, which is, well, rather useless, so, to be able to do it outside and inside, you can subscribe and enable this mod on your client (Active: YES) and you will see the servers running the mod as game mode CHUD and a filter for it on the top left next to combat, etc.