hive stats are defective

InnotaInnota Belgium Join Date: 2003-06-08 Member: 17118Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
Hi, regardless the serv i join (even the uwe), the hive dont seem to record my playtime, i dont really care but some servers kick me because im a "nubs with 0 hours playing"...

Comments

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Nobody can see how many hours you've played on hive unless they actually look at the hive page, find your name etc. so i highly doubt you're being kicked because you have 0 hours playing.
    Also you need to REGISTER on the hive, for the hive to record your stats.
    You can do so here
  • InnotaInnota Belgium Join Date: 2003-06-08 Member: 17118Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    i already do it, when i claimed my badge, the hive show some servs i played but dont add the time on the timer http://hive.naturalselection2.com/profile/2784812
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Really weird. You should mail a dev.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited February 2014
    Aparently the hive is having problems atm, will be fixed Soontm
  • ZinkeyZinkey Join Date: 2013-06-25 Member: 185694Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    Aparently the hive is having problems atm, will be fixed Soon™

Alt + 0153 <3
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    The real issue here is that many official server have custom maps loaded which means the don't report to the hive anymore as only server with no mods or mods like ns2stats report to hive.
  • InnotaInnota Belgium Join Date: 2003-06-08 Member: 17118Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    i play one uwe offi...
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    The-Jehuty wrote: »
    i play one uwe offi...

Many of those have strangly maps like NSL_Summit at them and therefor don't report any stats to hive .....
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    An issue I'm having with Hive is that my badge order never updates. In-game it's the order that I obtained the badges as opposed to the order I saved on the website. (Randomize also doesn't work.)

aHvGtjT.png
  • AceDudeAceDude Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 61994Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Hi, regardless the serv i join (even the uwe), the hive dont seem to record my playtime, i dont really care but some servers kick me because im a "nubs with 0 hours playing"...
    FIxed. If it will ever happen to anyone - contact me.

AurOn2 wrote: »
    Nobody can see how many hours you've played on hive unless they actually look at the hive page, find your name etc. so i highly doubt you're being kicked because you have 0 hours playing.
    Also you need to REGISTER on the hive, for the hive to record your stats.
    You can do so here
    This is not true. You do not need to register. You just need to play on whitelisted servers.

An issue I'm having with Hive is that my badge order never updates. In-game it's the order that I obtained the badges as opposed to the order I saved on the website. (Randomize also doesn't work.)

aHvGtjT.png
    Badges order in-game is fixed, so you can't really change it. You can just select the 3.

• moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    AceDude wrote: »
    This is not true. You do not need to register. You just need to play on whitelisted servers.

Can we dramatically increase the number of whitelisted servers somehow?

moultano wrote: »

Allow all servers to report to hive lol, otherwise get more server admins to run [shine] ns2stats beside shine.
    @AceDude hi, it seem hive stats dont record me anymore when i play > http://hive.naturalselection2.com/profile/2784812 and dont count the alredy played time
  • AceDudeAceDude Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 61994Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts

I'm whitelisting new servers each Monday :) Every server that is not using gameplay-changing mods and is sending the data is getting whitelisted after 50 matches.

Allow all servers to report to hive lol, otherwise get more server admins to run [shine] ns2stats beside shine.
    Short memory? :> We had this at the beginning. Don't you remember what happened back then?

@AceDude hi, it seem hive stats dont record me anymore when i play > http://hive.naturalselection2.com/profile/2784812 and dont count the alredy played time

Hello! There was a super weird bug. I fixed it few minutes ago, thanks for info!
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    How do I check if server is whitelisted?
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
  • jostoljostol Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166659Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thank you for the hive stats
    edited March 2014
    @Acedude:
    Yeah i know allowing all servers is not the best idea, but back then i suggested to use the gamemode to determ if a server should be allowed to send to hive instead the mod number.

And i was not talking about allowing all reports to count to Hive Data as it was in the beginning, i'm fine with the whitelist ;)

With the webend whitelist this should work out ways better than how it is done atm.

I even provided a code to determ the gamemode correctly based on the game_setup.xml:
    local Gamemode

--[[
    Gets the name of the currently running gamemode.
    ]]
    function GetGamemode()
    if Gamemode then return Gamemode end

local GameSetup = io.open( "game_setup.xml", "r" )

if not GameSetup then
    Gamemode = "ns2"
    return "ns2"
    end

local Data = GameSetup:read( "*all" )

GameSetup:close()

local Match = Data:match( "<name>(.+)</name>" )

Gamemode = Match or "ns2"

return Gamemode
    end

Ofc this requires that in future new modder use the game_setup.xml correctly for gameplay changing mods ;)
    This will require me to manually verify servers anyway.
    edited March 2014
    This will require me to manually verify servers anyway.

Yeah but it would take all those modded servers into account which currently are ignored.

But as at least all of the top 20 server are moded this is kinda a current issue of the hive system (just think about custom maps etc.)

If you don't want to spent the time on verifying server yourself you could found a community commitee of trusted people to take over the verifying for you ;)

I think those two changes would improve hive alot and would save yourself some time. :)
  • lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation
    Are whitelist entries at all maintained after they have been added? Servers could at any time change their mods to become gameplay changing.
    lwf wrote: »
    Are whitelist entries at all maintained after they have been added? Servers could at any time change their mods to become gameplay changing.

There is a report button at hive another reason i would like to have a community commitee because seriously did even one server got reported yet ?