Official server running nsl map?

2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
Was playing last night, came across something odd. Had been on an official server for a few games, even checked hive and those games were logged, then at map change it switched to the nsl version of summit. I didn't care at all, just thought it was pretty odd for it to randomly pop up on an official. Anybody know how or why this may have happened? Really I'm just curious.
udwBJgs.jpg

Also, not sure where this post belongs. Mods feel free to move :D

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    many are running nsl servers for days now and ive been wondering myself why, also.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited January 2014
    Next they'll be running nsl mod. Just you wait, you'll see.
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    I just checked different UWE Official servers (West, Central, East, and EU), all of them had NSL Summit on them, but that was the only NSL map. Weird.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Guess they made a little mistake after putting them off constant Eclipse?
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Interesting, yeah I noticed another in server browser last night on nsl_summit. Just a little hiccup I guess.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    *BUMP*
    Officials still running nsl_summit. Would have thought that this would have been addressed in the past couple patches. Obviously this means hive stats do not upload each time summit is played on official servers that I've seen.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    2cough wrote: »
    *BUMP*
    Officials still running nsl_summit. Would have thought that this would have been addressed in the past couple patches. Obviously this means hive stats do not upload each time summit is played on official servers that I've seen.

Those servers do not report any round to the hive as mod count is above 0 which means the server doesn't report to the hive ;)
  • Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    *BUMP*

Those servers do not report any round to the hive as mod count is above 0 which means the server doesn't report to the hive ;)

Not entirely true. As an example, I often play on a server which has several mods active (marines start with two IPs, weapon cots are reduced and old alien vision is moded in server side). These games are all logged on the hive.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2014
    *BUMP*

Not entirely true. As an example, I often play on a server which has several mods active (marines start with two IPs, weapon cots are reduced and old alien vision is moded in server side). These games are all logged on the hive.

Because the server is or was running NS2Stats am i right?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    *BUMP*
    I have relayed the information many weeks ago, including IP addresses as requested, of the offending servers that I've found...
    Though i am pretty certain it's happening to a large majority of them.
    Done what I've can about the issue. Feel free to poke UWE about it :)

Well the one I was playing at certainly was relaying rounds before the change to summit. Also when map is changing to summit is only time it shows any mods being on server when you're loading in(nsl_).

Anyways, just wanting to make sure it's something that's known. Thanks, @IronHorse.
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    Mendasp wrote: »
    Instead of running nsl summit they should run Custom HUD. Not biased.

Honestly, CHUD should either be universally whitelisted or just part of the game.
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    Chud really helps with low fps pub games