NS2 Trial available?

2»

Comments

• The_SupersonicThe_Supersonic Germany Join Date: 2013-12-25 Member: 190777Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited February 2014
    I've wrote him an additional Private Message ... but as mentioned before my hope are very low that something will happen within the needed timeframe. ...

P.s.: I will open a 2nd Thread (and link it here) for the key donation marathon as soon as i have a word from lanrena.de if the tournament will start for sure. Until then i still accept PM's with keys, but won't touch/distribute them so in case the Tournament won't start i can 'refund' them by just deleting the messages.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    @The_Supersonic - @Hugh doesn't read PM's, if you want to contact him, you should always use the email hugh@unknownworlds.com or his twitter account @hugh_jeremy
  • The_SupersonicThe_Supersonic Germany Join Date: 2013-12-25 Member: 190777Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited February 2014
    *drop*, ok i will try it per mail too.

EDIT: Mail send.
    EDIT #2: Thread LanParty BBS: http://www.lanrena.de/forum/?do=showthread&id=1829
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    NS2 has had before free weekends. Nothing that says it wont happen in the future
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    I've tried to get ahold of anybody with keys for a while now :-/
    I'll donate my two keys that i have tho
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    @F0rdPrefect , like this ?:

@Hugh - PLEASE ANSWER ^^.
    Don't bother. Unless you're a big name in the community representing a league that is either country wide of world wide, you won't get any response from him for a 'rat's and mice' lan party. Please.

Also, i can't read german. Where do you want me to forward free ns2 keys/gift copies.

edited February 2014
    @elodea - the Thread i linked above is only the German LanRena Link - for those who want to read the discussion there :)
    If you want send me a Key, then please send me a Private Message here. I will gather them.

@ellnic - as mentioned before, we would need a trial phase from 28 to 30 march 2014, and i dont believe that my luck will work out with this. Also it would be great if we know it before if a Trial Phase will start.

Thanks a lot for your Support !
  • AconitAconit Join Date: 2013-06-07 Member: 185502Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Key dropped in your MP box. Let me know if it is not working.

Btw, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to have an extra NS2 key thanxs to the humble bundle sold. How many of them do you need ?
  • KungFuJVKungFuJV Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15167Members
    Anyone else going back and checking new replies just to see if uwe responds to this awesome idea?
    @Aconit, about 40 for 8 Teams with each 5 players. Two of those Players have already keys (me+friend) so only 38 Remaining.

So far you (@Aconit) and @vartija send me a PM with a Key :) so 36 remaining. Thx a lot guys !
  • joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    they should make a demo where you can only play as skulk or machinegun marine
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    joohoo_n3d wrote: »
    they should make a demo where you can only play as skulk or machinegun marine

This would fail completely at showing what this game is about.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    @Aconit, about 40 for 8 Teams with each 5 players. Two of those Players have already keys (me+friend) so only 38 Remaining.

So far you (@Aconit) and @vartija send me a PM with a Key :) so 36 remaining. Thx a lot guys !

Wait, what? What happened to 300? Did you already get that many?

Frankly it's pretty irritating to me that they haven't responded to you AT ALL, yes OR no...
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Game is really cheap right now.. Why not buy lots of cheap copies for different comps?
    edited February 2014
    @BeigeAlert , no - i didn't got any Trial Keys or any other response except from IronHorse, which also wasn't able to establish a dialog with unknownworlds. Due the fact the LanParty will held in about one month, i can't wait anymore and 'hope' to get an answer.

Thats why i am collecting retail keys from player who want (like me) distribute the game.

P.s.: I'm still trying to get those trial keys - so i won't have to use those Retail Keys (and can send them back to their origin owners), but as said before - i can't hope for a reaction.

@Dictator93 , sure, would be a option - but 300 x ~5 € = is still 1500€ . And ~40 x 5 € is also still 200 €. But that's not the Problem, the 'real' issue here is that i want show the people the game, and AFTER that everybody else can decide if he buy it or not. Thats why i want Trial Keys. The Action with the Retail Keys will be only used to establish a minimum Tournament so other people can get a clue how NS2 looks like.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Hugh is on his way back from the WC, so i expect he will be reachable come this week.
    edited February 2014
    Good News.

1.) I've got an official Word from the Lan Party Promoters, even if i am not a part of the Promoter Team itself, i am allowed to promote NS2 on the Lan Party (as a Tournament). So i will do the Server Configuration (with support of the RattleSnake - Chairmen of LanRena e.V.) and do all the other stuff necessary for the Tournament.

2.) Through the World Championship i got in touch with another UWE Member, which is helping me pushing this Topic :) Hope this will roll soon !

Regardless #2, i am still collecting Retail Keys in case we don't get Trial Keys. So everybody so far which donated have a hugh Thanks from me ! You are awesome !
  • Goliath VietnamGoliath Vietnam Join Date: 2013-01-07 Member: 178080Members
    If NS2 have Starter Edition like Bllizard did with StarCraft 2 , it would be awesome

UWE should focus on marketing , look at Call of Money : Bla bla every years , their marketing is good like give free copies on web site if you can watch trailer of COD and answer their question about their product