Docking exploit

ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
edited February 2014 in Technical Support

Comments

• CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Welp. Now I know what the bug is.
  • joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    dammit dude! why'd you have to post it for everyone?! >:)
  • MoFoMoFo Join Date: 2013-09-09 Member: 188047Members
    CyberKun wrote: »
    Welp. Now I know what the bug is.

At least you know...

I wish I knew what it was just so I'd know what to look for... For all I know people could be exploiting this "bug" in every game I play on docking and I wouldn't have the slightest clue.

I still remember playing WaW and having no idea that people were glitching under the map. If people know what the glitch is, then they know how to spot people exploiting it.

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2014
    Oldest docking bug - no joke.
    It WAS fixed.. idk how its returned, doesn't even seem possible given the steps that were taken last time and looking in the editor..
    Thanks tho.
    Moved to tech support.
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    MoFo wrote: »
    I wish I knew what it was just so I'd know what to look for... For all I know people could be exploiting this "bug" in every game I play on docking and I wouldn't have the slightest clue.

Nah, you'd know if it was being exploited. Don't sweat it too much. Hopefully there will be a hotfix for it soon to remove the problem entirely.
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    You would think in the future they would invest in double-pane glass... Not only would it protect from silly abusive gorges but they would save tons on heating!