World Championship 3 Days Away! - Natural Selection 2

2»

Comments

• UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Any video link for those who couldn't see it ?

• ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members
    Biodome coming up right now!
    wtf, and the round is over LOL.
    Great play in that final round, Snails!
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Great matches everyone! I had a great time watching today.
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    I think the better team won at the end of the day, taking nothing away from titus. They played really well. GJ _@/"
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    Great games. Great event. Seriously amazing. The previous tournaments don't even compare in terms of the pacing, organistation, filler content, and especially the quality of rounds themselves punctuated by excellent commentary and camera work.

GG everyone involved, @Zefram, @RedDog, @Blind, @Rantology, @WasabiOne, @Hugh, @Flayra.

Knew it would be Titus and Snails. Titus have been practising so hard, and I haven't seen Godar pulling good results in pcws recently.

Good to see all marine wins, it should be that at a high level. Nearly every round had zero upgrade chambers, no lifeform upgrades, etc. etc. Hopefully it propels forwards some alien changes. Less focus on tres being used for static defences and pve. Make upgrades and evolutions viable.

Also disappointing watching retards in the chat swooning over and abusing Rant. Chat mods did an impressive job trying to keep it all under control.
    According to Flayra, Snails won because of a "game-balance thing" XD
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Gratz snails and well done all teams. I enjoyed watching every match.

Also well done crew/casters.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well played Titus, those were some enjoyable games to watch.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I was all for snails before things started, but damn, Titus showed some really impressive moves, so I switched sides really fast :) Too bad it all ended in a rush, I wish first match was last match, so it'd be overly exciting ending. That first game was AWESOME. Damn good.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Congrats all around to a very, very well produced show. I know people were worried after some... unique decisions made during the last show. And what a first game between Snails and Titus.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited February 2014
    All pretty solid games, but the first match between Titus and Legendary Snails was one for the ages. Would like to switch that game for the anti-climatic, tie-breaker last round skulk rush. Was hoping the marine comm could drop a new CC somewhere else to continue the game.

Other than that the whole event was organized really well.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    It's been a great tournament, in terms of organisation, casting and games. Simply the best live NS2 event ever. Well done to all of those involved.
  • SanCoSanCo Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155744Members
    edited February 2014
    That was some bad last few games imo, aliens stuck in base for 12minutes and ends with a skulks rush, leaves a bitter taste. Everything else was good, especially production. No facepaint, thank the Gorge.
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    This was the best esports show I've ever watched. Great job to everyone who set it up, to the casters, and to the fantastic play by the teams. My wife thought I was going crazy because I was yelling so much. :)